Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Both funny and sad
Both funny and sad
2004-04-23, 12:22 PM #1
http://www.local6.com/news/2116865/detail.html
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Daniel Benjamin Berry, 17, received the injury after he looked down the barrel of the gun's PVC pipe barrel and was hit in the face by the frog. </font>

This is similar to the gun a guy made in my electronics class (the same guy that made the stun glove).

------------------
Proverbs 27:17 - Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.
Genesis 22:2-5 - And God said unto Abraham "You must kill your son, Isaac." And Abraham said "What? I can't hear you. You'll have to speak into the microphone." And God said "Check, check, check, check. Jerry, can you pull the high end out. I'm getting some hiss up here."

Catalog of Electronic Components - Complete IC data sheets
National Electrical Code® (NEC®) Online - Legal requirements for wiring projects.
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-04-23, 12:31 PM #2
Stun.. glove?

Explain.

------------------
[19:59] Happy "Liar liar" dud: This is arguably one of the lowest points in my life.
[20:00] Happy "Liar liar" dud: I'm sitting here infront of my two computers wearing shorts and with no shirt, eating potato salad and orange juice, debating the existance of pants.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2004-04-23, 12:41 PM #3
Like a stun-gun, but the electrodes are in a glove. Basically, you just take the parts out of a disposal camera that charge up the flash (Kodak is the best). Then you somehow attach it to the glove.

Good stuff.

------------------
Proverbs 27:17 - Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.
Genesis 22:2-5 - And God said unto Abraham "You must kill your son, Isaac." And Abraham said "What? I can't hear you. You'll have to speak into the microphone." And God said "Check, check, check, check. Jerry, can you pull the high end out. I'm getting some hiss up here."

National Electrical Code® (NEC®) Online - Legal requirements for wiring projects.
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-04-23, 12:44 PM #4
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DogSRoOL:
Like a stun-gun, but the electrodes are in a glove. Basically, you just take the parts out of a disposal camera that charge up the flash (Kodak is the best). Then you somehow attach it to the glove.

Good stuff.

</font>

Yay for Unscrewed!

------------------
Roach - Caught in the war of hemispheres.
0 of 14.
omnia mea mecum porto
2004-04-23, 12:49 PM #5
How's the frog? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------
Do you have stairs in your house?
2004-04-23, 1:11 PM #6
That's not sad at all. The kid put his FACE in front of a GUN.

------------------
WOOSH|-----@%
Warhead[97]
2004-04-23, 1:14 PM #7
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">She hopes her family's tragedy serves as a warning to other parents.</font>
Um, what do the parents need warning for? It wasn't THEM looking down the barrel of a loaded gun. I've seen potato guns destroy the steel body panels of many a junk vehicle, you think a human face is stronger than that!?

------------------
EvilMagic.net: Brian's Web Log
2004-04-23, 1:19 PM #8
It's the parents' fault he didn't get more calcium. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
2004-04-23, 1:47 PM #9
Rule 1: The gun is never unloaded.
Rule 2: You dont look down the barrel of a gun.

------------------
Founder of the Massassi Brute Squad (MBS)

B'tduz: A popular dwarfish game which consists of standing a few feet apart and throwing large rocks at one another's head.

"Yes, it's a bloody flying alligator setting fire to my city!" - His Grace His Excellency the Duke of Ankh, Commander Sir Samuel Vimes.

Morituri Nolumus Mori
Founder of the Massassi Brute Squad (MBS)
Morituri Nolumus Mori
2004-04-23, 2:39 PM #10
Rule 3: See rule 2.

------------------
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by GBK:
2) You statement is lacking any clear structure or grammer. Please add these things.</font>

Sweet irony...
/fluffle
2004-04-23, 2:43 PM #11
thats my local news, i really hope that nobody that stupid lives near me.

------------------
Truth is in the eye of the beholder.
Forum Rules
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
Devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say
2004-04-23, 2:49 PM #12
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BobTheMasher:
That's not sad at all. The kid put his FACE in front of a GUN.

</font>

I meant that it was sad for the frog.

------------------

Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-04-23, 3:26 PM #13
I'm sorry but at 17, there is just no excuse for that sorts of stupidity. YOU DON'T LOOK DOWN THE BARREL OF A GUN.

Kid got what was coming to him.

------------------
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2004-04-23, 3:49 PM #14
After thinking a while, I'm trying to figure out how he managed to look down the barrel of the gun *and* shoot it. It's fired by one of those electric lighter sparks, and the length of this potato gun is around 5.5 feet.

------------------

Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-04-23, 4:39 PM #15
Karma.

Frog: 1
Boy: 0

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-04-23, 4:50 PM #16
If you read the article, it says it misfired. When he tried to see what was wrong, the gun went off and shot the frog rather than the potato.

------------------
My Tracks
My Life.
2004-04-23, 5:17 PM #17
I opened a camera once. I did it to play with the flash capacitor. It hurt when I touched it while charged.

------------------
Those silly bullets have minds of their own!
Jon`C:Irony is spelling 'quality' poorly.
Spork:Well I think 'Irony is spelling grammar poorly'
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)-@%
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%
2004-04-23, 6:04 PM #18
ew i hate frogs. iw ould have shot myself with a real bullet after that

------------------
[teletubbie voice] BIG HUG!!!! [/teletubbie voice]
2004-04-23, 6:05 PM #19
O_o a bit... extreme don't you think?

------------------
<Outlaw_Torn> you mean your related to that damned sasquatch, Mech?
<MechWarrior> Lets just say the part of the family tree that does fork has bossy the goat in it.
2004-04-23, 6:07 PM #20
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Em Playa:
If you read the article, it says it misfired. When he tried to see what was wrong, the gun went off and shot the frog rather than the potato.</font>
That's the part I'm trying to figure out. Unless it was modified, the spark wouldn't just suddenly appear. He would have had to hit it on something - rather hard, in fact.

------------------

Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-04-23, 8:19 PM #21
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SithNazgul:
Rule 1: The gun is never unloaded.
Rule 2: You dont look down the barrel of a gun.

</font>

Yeah, pretty much.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-04-23, 9:12 PM #22
Freaky, that sheriff guy has the exact same name as me.. made me do a double take when I first read it.

------------------
Have a good one,
Freelancer
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2004-04-24, 12:45 AM #23
Hah, that got me too, Freelancer.

------------------
Roach - Caught in the war of hemispheres.
0 of 14.
omnia mea mecum porto
2004-04-24, 4:50 AM #24
Putting a frog in it...they all deserve to be blinded, thanks. I have no remorse whatsoever. Except for the frog. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------
Map-Review | My Portfolio | The Matrix: Unplugged
2004-04-24, 5:18 PM #25
not extreme at all. im really squimish about frogs. honestly its terrible i go from kung fu girl to omgomgomg daddyyy in about two seconds.

------------------
2004-04-24, 5:26 PM #26
I'll shed some light on this subject for you all.

I have BUILT one of these guns that the kid got nailed with. It's a crapload of fun. He was just being an idiot.

I once, just for fun, loaded it up, and then put a lizard down the barrel. Heheh, I shot it off and my little soldier went flying half the distance of a football field. It was beautiful.

------------------
www.tednation.tk
2004-04-24, 5:33 PM #27
hooray for cruelty to animals. Great fun. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif]

------------------
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
OSC Returns!!
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2004-04-24, 6:37 PM #28
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Wolvie17:
not extreme at all. im really squimish about frogs. honestly its terrible i go from kung fu girl to omgomgomg daddyyy in about two seconds.
</font>

They're just amphibians!

------------------
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2004-04-24, 7:36 PM #29
in eighth grade i did a science project on potato guns and a cop helped me do it, but we didnt use anything flammable to make it shoot and still got a good 300 yards distance... why did these kids?

------------------
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2004-04-24, 8:19 PM #30
did you make a neumatic? combusion guns are a lot simpler and easier to make(and make a very satisfying boom)

I've made several potato guns and never had any problems. they're completely safe if you're not STUPID. the things are very powerful though, especially neumatics and combusion guns power with more "volatile" fuels, I like to use ether, doesnt leave any residue like hairspray.

For almost anything you could possibly want to know www.spudtech.com
2004-04-25, 4:46 AM #31
yehehe... same name as one of my teachers, made me think of him doing it

------------------
Kroko> Massassi is like Nazi Germany online, only it's not in Germany.
|\|\|\|\|\|
<kak> WHY DO THESE RETARDS CONTINUALLY TRY LINUX?
<kak> IT DOES NOT MAKE YOU COOL.
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2004-04-25, 8:02 AM #32
I like to ignite rubbing alcohol. Fun stuff!

------------------
Genesis 22:2-5 - And God said unto Abraham "You must kill your son, Isaac." And Abraham said "What? I can't hear you! You'll have to speak into the microphone." And God said "Check, check, check, check. Jerry, can you pull the high end out. I'm getting some hiss up here."
Valuable Life Lesson: Frog + Potato Gun = Blindness

Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-04-25, 4:52 PM #33
just realized it said DALLAS in big bold letters at the top. im glad that kid isn't anywhere near me.

------------------
Truth is in the eye of the beholder.
Forum Rules
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
Devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say

↑ Up to the top!