Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → MP3 Host
MP3 Host
2004-04-25, 2:14 PM #1
Hi, I was wondering if someone could host a file for me which I could use as background music for my site.

Soundclick and dmusic don't work because they make you go to their site if you wanna stream.

All you would need to do is host my mp3 file and I'll be super happy! I'll give proper thanks on my site as well.

Any help would be appreciated... thanks.

------------------
My Tracks
My Life.
2004-04-25, 2:16 PM #2
How large is it? Who's your host? It shouldn't be too large.

And, to be frank, GBK is right. Music on a site is just irritating. The MIDI fad faded out a bit ago...

------------------
Life is a sexually transmitted disease and the mortality rate is one hundred percent.

-R.D. Laing

[This message has been edited by Wolfy (edited April 25, 2004).]
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-04-25, 2:16 PM #3
Please, for the love of all that is good and holy, DO NOT PUT MUSIC OR SOUND ON ANY WEBPAGE.

------------------
I used to believe that we must fight the future, lest change come without our consent. I was wrong. The truth is that we must embrace the future, for only with change can we remain the same.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2004-04-25, 2:19 PM #4
Wow, GBK I'll keep the insults to a bare minimum, but you are an *******. If you werent going to help, why did you even bother replying?

Em Playa, I can help you, as long as it is not copyrighted....IM me: [gone]
------------------
In Tribute to Adam Sliger. Rest in Peace

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

[This message has been edited by Ubuu (edited April 25, 2004).]

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-04-25, 2:23 PM #5
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ubuu:
...If you werent going to help, why did you even bother replying?</font>

Because the LAST thing the web needs is another ****ing page with huge, useless ****ing music playing in the background.

------------------
I used to believe that we must fight the future, lest change come without our consent. I was wrong. The truth is that we must embrace the future, for only with change can we remain the same.
2004-04-25, 2:31 PM #6
And who delegated you to decide the fate of the internet?

------------------

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-04-25, 2:31 PM #7
Its my Xanga page... so if you don't wanna hear **** then don't go to it?

------------------
My Tracks
My Life.
2004-04-25, 2:37 PM #8
As much as I hate to say this; I agree with GBK.

------------------
You're entering a world of pain.
http://darkestspiral.greentinted.com
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2004-04-25, 3:02 PM #9
Mucho thanks to Ubuu!

I owe you one dogg.

http://www.jedinights.com/ubuu/emplaya/pastdreams.mp3

That's the song for those interested.

------------------
My Tracks
My Life.
2004-04-25, 3:18 PM #10
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ubuu:
And who delegated you to decide the fate of the internet?

</font>

I did. That is all.

------------------
"Just remember -- No matter how bad things get, Northern Minnesota will always be there"
-- Garrison Keeler
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2004-04-25, 3:20 PM #11
Ubuu is right. It's his website, he can do what he pleases. There are nicer ways you can voice your opinion.

------------------
Baby Mama's Drama
TAKES HINTS JUST FINE, STILL DOESN'T CARE
2004-04-25, 3:32 PM #12
GBK has it right. End of discussion. Even on a high speed connection I find it very annoying.

------------------
Frogblast the Vent Core!

--End of Line--
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2004-04-25, 3:39 PM #13
I love you, Zully.
2004-04-25, 3:39 PM #14
How about this?

It's my own personal site and if you have a problem with it, then don't go to it.

You can ***** all you want but only Ubuu can change it.

------------------
My Tracks
My Life.
2004-04-25, 3:42 PM #15
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by phoenix_9286:
GBK has it right. End of discussion. Even on a high speed connection I find it very annoying.

</font>

No, he's not. End of discussion. Period.

------------------
There are two asses in Massassi... and I'm one of them.
The Matrix Unplugged|My Portfolio|My Levels
2004-04-25, 3:45 PM #16
So many "*****" words in this thread. wow.

Oh and I agree with GBK.

------------------
I’m not going to die, I’m going to see if I was ever alive. - Spike
It's not your right to decide whether they live or die. They deserve a chance! - Vash
Originally posted by Elana14: i would love a dong like that!
Think while it's still legal.
2004-04-25, 3:55 PM #17
OMG I SIDE WITH UBUU IN THIS ARGUMENT!

------------------
My Tracks
My Life.
2004-04-25, 3:57 PM #18
Lets try to keep this thread on topic guys, without flaming or insulting each other.

------------------
And everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon...
DSettahr's Homepage | Cantina Cloud | Rally NY

[This message has been edited by DSettahr (edited April 25, 2004).]
2004-04-25, 4:02 PM #19
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Em Playa:
Mucho thanks to Ubuu!

I owe you one dogg.

http://www.jedinights.com/ubuu/emplaya/pastdreams.mp3

That's the song for those interested.

</font>

AHH! AHH! AHH! *shakes* MY VIRGIN EARS! THEY BURN! AHHHH!

------------------
"A tiger? In Africa?!"

"True as toasted toads!"
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2004-04-25, 4:10 PM #20
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DSettahr:
Lets try to keep this thread on topic guys, without flaming or insulting each other.</font>

Jerk.

On a related note, I really like the piano and strings in the song, and the lyrics aren't half-bad.

------------------
Life is a sexually transmitted disease and the mortality rate is one hundred percent.

-R.D. Laing
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-04-25, 4:30 PM #21
Songs are usually annoying on websites in my opinion.

If you don't want to hear it, turn off your speakers.

------------------
I check my e-mail.
2004-04-25, 4:37 PM #22
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Wolfy:
Jerk.

On a related note, I really like the piano and strings in the song, and the lyrics aren't half-bad.

</font>

lol Wolfy, thats the greatest insult EVER. piano and strings...omg that was funny! wait, oh [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

well, i'll be Swiss about this and disagree and agree with both of you at the same time.

------------------
Truth is in the eye of the beholder.
Forum Rules
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
Devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say
2004-04-25, 4:48 PM #23
It's great when GBK overreacts. It's usually like, "OH DEAR GOD HOLY HELL IN THE NAME OF LINUX TORVALDS DON'T DO THAT WHAT ARE YOU THINKIng??????windossux???" and "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHa....AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHA. ... In WINDOWS??? hahahahahahahaha.... N O ! !"

------------------
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2004-04-25, 4:58 PM #24
okay, that was unnesessary

------------------
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2004-04-25, 5:09 PM #25
I figured I'd add to the stack.

------------------
2004-04-25, 5:23 PM #26
I agree with the setiments that GBK said. Although yes, GBK, you way overreacted.

Em Playa: Yes it is your site and you can do whatever you so desire with it. But, putting background music on a site will detract visitors. That fad was attempted long ago and died out quickly for the reasons pointed by above and that was it just got really annoying.

------------------
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2004-04-25, 5:31 PM #27
How is it gonna detract visitors? It a site of my daily events... its not like a lot of people go to it anyways.

I'm not forcing you guys to go to my site and if you don't want to, I don't give a flying **** about it.

This thread should be dead... Ubuu provided me with the help I wanted in the first place.

------------------
My Tracks
My Life.
2004-04-25, 5:36 PM #28
Meh, maybe I did overreact, but my point remains. Embedding a 4.5mb mp3 inside a webpage is stupid. Unless your running broadband, the page will be 'loading' for a long time.

------------------
2004-04-25, 5:49 PM #29
Click "My Life" in my sig... it doesn't load long for me, or anyone else I asked.

------------------
My Tracks
My Life.
2004-04-25, 5:53 PM #30
damn...got here too late for the flaming. are there any leftover flames I can roast my hot dogs on?

------------------
Is Wayne Brady going to have to choke a *****?
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-04-25, 5:55 PM #31
Doesn't take long at all, and that's a big improvement over the stuff you posted when you first showed up here.

Keep it up. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
http://www.sporkaudio.com
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2004-04-25, 5:57 PM #32
What a friendly header.

------------------
I check my e-mail.
2004-04-25, 5:58 PM #33
Oh and if you ever need any other hosting let me know, I can give you a subdomain and FTP access.

------------------
http://www.sporkaudio.com
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2004-04-25, 6:06 PM #34
Why the hell would GBK be right? If anyone's right, it's Em, Ubuu, and Zully.

If you don't want to be "annoyed" by the song, don't freakin go to the site.

On a side note, Em, you can install a control that gives users the option to turn on and off songs .. that may make it "easier" on the ears xP

------------------
Sigs are for n00bs.

[1337 FRNDS_Pommy | 3.14 of 14 | » And-GTx2]
Half-Life 2 Central - your definitive source for everything HL2!
一个大西瓜
2004-04-25, 6:13 PM #35
Pommy, Im not worried about me, Im worried about all the poor AOLers that will try to access the site and their client will crash... My browser simply strips out all the media content; it never even tries to download the file, much less play it.

------------------
2004-04-26, 5:19 AM #36
Aight NoEsc, thanks for the offer... I'll keep you in mind when I make a new track.

------------------
My Tracks
My Life.
2004-04-26, 7:23 AM #37
if you want to put mp3 music on oyur page, thats fine, but at least cut the bitrate way down to decrease file size. You have to accomodate 56k users until the day comes when bandwidth flows like water and everyone has decent dsl or cable connections (and AOL is ut of business)

anything >96 kbs would be sufficient.

------------------
Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.
2004-04-26, 10:19 AM #38
Why do people even like rap? It's full of cursing and swearing, mind you I'm not religous, but when people think they're 'cool' just because they swear in a song more than others... well something is definatly wrong.

------------------
"A tiger? In Africa?!"

"True as toasted toads!"
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2004-04-26, 11:23 AM #39
I hate music on web pages with a passion. Even on bands websites. Sure, have a download link so I can listen to it at me leisure but I hate it interupting what i'm already listening to.

------------------
WARNING: THIS POST MAY CONTAIN TRACES OF PEANUT!!!
----@%
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2004-04-26, 1:32 PM #40
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Emon:
It's great when GBK overreacts. It's usually like, "OH DEAR GOD HOLY HELL IN THE NAME OF LINUX TORVALDS DON'T DO THAT WHAT ARE YOU THINKIng??????windossux???" and "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHa....AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHA. ... In WINDOWS??? hahahahahahahaha.... N O ! !"

</font>

I have to agree with Emon on this, but i do agree with GBK that Music on a site is a little anoyying, but hey, its his site, he does what he wishes, no biggie.

And Glyde, while I do agree to an extent, Please don't turn this into a Rap argument again, we have had to many.

------------------
Run Away!!
The tired anthem of a loser and a hypocrite.

↑ Up to the top!