Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Oh my god.
Oh my god.
2003-12-15, 6:46 PM #1
Alright. so a week ago my dog got a hold of my bottom retainer. I put it in the middle of the table when i got something to eat, because the sheet said not to put it at the side of a table. Seems logical, right? Wrong. apparenlty my mom knocked it off somehow and the dog got it.

Now, i dont even remember taking off my top retainer(in fact, i remember having it on and then now its not) and now i cant find it. I swearched the kitchen, the office, the bathroom, the living room and my room (the only places i have been today) and i cant find it. The most logical thing would have been me taking it off near the TV in my kitchen... but my dog cant get up tha high. I don't normally lose things, but this is both my retainers in one week.

Just pray that my mom doesnt kill me in my sleep when she comes home from work and sees my note. I'm gonna ****ing kill my dog...

PS- how much does it cost to replace the clear plastic retainer? I know it was 30 bucks to repair my other one(because only small chunks were missing), so this is prolly gonna be a lot more.

------------------
There are two asses in Massassi... and I'm one of them.
The Matrix Unplugged|The Valley of the Jedi Tower|Smaug's Lair
2003-12-15, 6:51 PM #2
Dental stuff sucks.. WAY too expensive for a chunk of plastic

------------------
"It's OK for us to randomly attack people!"
-BV

o.0
2003-12-15, 6:54 PM #3
A chunk of plastic that's carefully and meticulously molded into a specific shape for a specific person, yes.
2003-12-15, 7:01 PM #4
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jon`C:
A chunk of plastic that's carefully and meticulously molded into a specific shape for a specific person, yes.</font>

Its not that hard to make a mold... unless the orthodontist is evil, and gives you vanilla flavoured crap to make the mold.. induces vomiting for some reason

------------------
-BV

o.0
2003-12-15, 7:04 PM #5
Right, greenboy. Just anyone can make a retainer that will do what it's supposed to do [http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif]

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2003-12-15, 7:09 PM #6
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Avenger:
Right, greenboy. Just anyone can make a retainer that will do what it's supposed to do [http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif]

</font>

Of course.

I was actually attempting sarcasm by the way..

------------------
-BV

o.0
2003-12-15, 7:22 PM #7
It IS way too expensive for a stupid piece of plastic. Since when is everybody a bunch of dentists? I lost my retainer once and it cost me like 70-80 bucks. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------
Have a good one,
Freelancer
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2003-12-15, 7:32 PM #8
No, really! I was only kidding!

Sarcasm has to be the biggest excuse on the internet next to "little bro".
2003-12-15, 7:40 PM #9
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jon`C:
No, really! I was only kidding!

Sarcasm has to be the biggest excuse on the internet next to "little bro".
</font>

Finefine... my dog ate my keyboard, thus preventing me from typeing out a logical answer

------------------
-BV

o.0
2003-12-16, 2:47 AM #10
I used to have a retainer, that thing costed my parents like $400

------------------
One ring to rule them all. One to find them. One ring ti bring them all and in the darkness bind them. In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
Flipsides crackers are the best crackers to have ever existed
2003-12-16, 5:07 AM #11
Just shove some Lego in your mouth and hope she doesnt notice.

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2003-12-16, 5:18 AM #12
...but then he'd be required to construct some sort of Space Mercenary hideout inside his mouth, Spork!
Those bees all have paws!
2003-12-16, 5:53 AM #13
70-80 bucks isn't that much to pay for a lifetime of straight teeth. You have to understand, when a dentists spends an hour with you, he not only has to charge for his time, but he has to charge enough to pay his rent, his electric bill, the price of all HIS tools (sure the plastic is cheap, but what about all the equipment in his office?), his secretary, his dental hygienist, his malpractice insurance, his accountant, etc. There are a lot more costs than just the cost of the plastic itself. It takes time to custom make things, and the more useful something is, the more it costs.
2003-12-16, 6:42 AM #14
yah well i yelled at the guy who did mine (through my headgear at him...) and he made my retainer too thick, so when i ware it i talk with a lisp couse my toung doesent fit right in my mouth anymore. It probllly dident help him any that his name is Frank B. Hinds, but i dident name him, why, it's not even my fault he's fat.

[end rand about orthodontist]
sorry...

------------------
IMPORTANT NOTICE PLEASE READ

Employees dying on the job are faling to fall down. THIS PRACTICE MUST STOP as it becmes impossible to distinguish between death and the natural movement of he staf.

Any employee found dead in an upright position will be dropped from the payroll.
Laughing at my spelling herts my feelings. Well laughing is fine actully, but posting about it is not.
2003-12-16, 6:50 AM #15
I had a slight lisp for a few days when I first got my retainer. For me, at least, it didn't last long [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif] I love not having to wear it anymore [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
WARNING: THIS POST MAY CONTAIN TRACES OF PEANUT!!!
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2003-12-16, 6:54 AM #16
I had a friend who, when he had a new retainer, pronouced "c" as "sh".

Therefore, he couldn't resist telling people to 'sit down', or talking about the 'big city'...

------------------
GhostOfYoda - General doer of stuff.
Massassi's Official Chatroom: irc.synirc.com #massassi
2003-12-16, 7:19 AM #17
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Spork:
Just shove some Lego in your mouth and hope she doesnt notice.

</font>

<3 spork

------------------
Happy "Diseased" dud: You said I'd be like this guy. Boycotting everything..
Happy "Diseased" dud: ted kazcnisky. That's who it was.
Happy "Diseased" dud: Wait, That's the unibomer.
Happy "Diseased" dud: Wrong guy.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2003-12-16, 7:23 AM #18
Just don't wear it... I didn't. It's not that bad, you only get fussed at every 6 months [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]
(When you go in for a checkup)

------------------
Do you have stairs in your house?
2003-12-16, 10:33 AM #19
Heh. well apparently it was in the oven mit on the kitchen counter. i have NO CLUE how it could have gotten in there, because i havent used the oven mits since last week. Im gonna find this person who did it, and stab them... with the retainer. yeah...

------------------
There are two asses in Massassi... and I'm one of them.
The Matrix Unplugged|The Valley of the Jedi Tower|Smaug's Lair
2003-12-16, 1:35 PM #20
My orthodontist (most definately not the exact same one that Elana has) will replace a retainer once for free. Luckily I've never had to take him up on that.

Speaking of retainers, I should have mine in now. Oh well.

------------------
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right." -Isaac Asimov

Never tickle the third foot!
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2003-12-16, 1:39 PM #21
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Cazor:
Heh. well apparently it was in the oven mit on the kitchen counter. i have NO CLUE how it could have gotten in there, because i havent used the oven mits since last week. Im gonna find this person who did it, and stab them... with the retainer. yeah...

</font>

I wouldn't wear it, now... It might be melted out of shape [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
2003-12-16, 1:42 PM #22
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by GhostOfYoda:
I had a friend who, when he had a new retainer, pronouced "c" as "sh".

Therefore, he couldn't resist telling people to 'sit down', or talking about the 'big city'...

</font>

Why say "c"? Why not say "s"? Wouldn't that make more sense?

------------------
June 16 - A night to remember
Ex-Council of 14

Miken
"The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off everything and let the problem solve itself?"
2003-12-16, 1:43 PM #23
because "c" is pronounced with an s and "s" is not.

------------------
2003-12-16, 1:53 PM #24
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Brian:
70-80 bucks isn't that much to pay for a lifetime of straight teeth. You have to understand, when a dentists spends an hour with you, he not only has to charge for his time, but he has to charge enough to pay his rent, his electric bill, the price of all HIS tools (sure the plastic is cheap, but what about all the equipment in his office?), his secretary, his dental hygienist, his malpractice insurance, his accountant, etc. There are a lot more costs than just the cost of the plastic itself. It takes time to custom make things, and the more useful something is, the more it costs.</font>

My orthodontist was a woman.

Sexist.

[http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
To myself I surrender to the one I'll never please.
But I still try to run on.
You know I still try to run on. But it's all or none.

Eddie Vedder
former entrepreneur
2003-12-16, 1:53 PM #25
[http://forums.massassi.net/html/confused.gif] Zuh? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/confused.gif]

------------------
June 16 - A night to remember
Ex-Council of 14

Miken
"The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off everything and let the problem solve itself?"
2003-12-16, 3:31 PM #26
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Elana14:
yah well i yelled at the guy who did mine (through my headgear at him...) and he made my retainer too thick, so when i ware it i talk with a lisp couse my toung doesent fit right in my mouth anymore. It probllly dident help him any that his name is Frank B. Hinds, but i dident name him, why, it's not even my fault he's fat.

</font>

Wow, apparently having a really thick container makes you really bad at typing, as well.

------------------
I have become Death, destroyer of newbs.
Statavad-Gita 8:14
:master::master::master:
2003-12-16, 4:50 PM #27
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by stat:
Wow, apparently having a really thick container makes you really bad at typing, as well.

</font>

She's always been that way... it's what makes her special around here [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

*huggles elana*

------------------
2003-12-16, 4:59 PM #28
I kept forgetting to where my retainer and it got ot the point where it wouldn't fit anymore. My teeth only moved a millimeter or so. No biggy.

Also, I never seen my orthodontist anymore. Everything was paid off and he wanted to check up on me with the retainer every 3 months or so. That was about 8 months ago and I have yet to see him again.

------------------
You will respect my authoritah!
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2003-12-16, 5:03 PM #29
awe! *blush*

------------------
IMPORTANT NOTICE PLEASE READ

Employees dying on the job are faling to fall down. THIS PRACTICE MUST STOP as it becmes impossible to distinguish between death and the natural movement of he staf.

Any employee found dead in an upright position will be dropped from the payroll.

[This message has been edited by Elana14 (edited December 16, 2003).]
Laughing at my spelling herts my feelings. Well laughing is fine actully, but posting about it is not.
2003-12-16, 7:39 PM #30
I went to the dentist today. I sat in a chair, opened my mouth, he had a look around inside, and then I left. $105 later, here I am.

Biggest ****ing waste of time and money, ever. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/mad.gif]

------------------
"When all else fails, eat pie."
thoughts from beyond observance

[This message has been edited by Jin (edited December 16, 2003).]
2003-12-17, 2:11 AM #31
As far as dentists go, I have a fantastic one. He happens to be one of my old friends' dads (not so much of a friend anymore though 'cause he um... kindof became a trouble maker [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif] got kicked out of school earlier this year anyway)

But yeah, his dad's a real nice guy. I've thought I had cavities before, went in and had him check it, and he'd do it for free... also, he's given us discounts just because we go to the same school as his kids (well.. two of his kids, now, since obviously the one who was my friend go kicked out earlier this year [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif])

------------------
2003-12-17, 5:52 AM #32
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mikus:
Why say "c"? Why not say "s"? Wouldn't that make more sense?

</font>

I used lowercase characters to indicate the sound, not the letter name. As someone else said, because "c" (suh) sounds like the sound I was refering to, whilst "s" (ess) does not.

------------------
GhostOfYoda - General doer of stuff.

[This message has been edited by GhostOfYoda (edited December 17, 2003).]
Massassi's Official Chatroom: irc.synirc.com #massassi

↑ Up to the top!