Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Compression
Compression
2004-04-27, 2:49 PM #1
Does anyone here no how to make files smaller. Movies are like huge and like gig of space. I want to put them on my site.

Like movies used by fraps. I tryed to use divx but the file are still way to large.

------------------
Ross
Ross
2004-04-27, 2:58 PM #2
Do the movies have sound? You have to compress the sound as well, else it's kept in raw WAV format.

Change it to MP3 or AC3 or something.
2004-04-27, 3:08 PM #3
We need specs; resolution, length, audio, content of video, etc. Different types of videos require different codecs.

------------------
I used to believe that we must fight the future, lest change come without our consent. I was wrong. The truth is that we must embrace the future, for only with change can we remain the same.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2004-04-27, 3:17 PM #4
Even Windows movie maker compresses videos more heavily than that - and DivX definitely would compress them. I had ~10 minute long videos compressed to around 100 megs using DivX.

↑ Up to the top!