Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Follow up to old news.
Follow up to old news.
2004-04-27, 4:38 PM #1
Came across a more complete site about the satanic messages in Led Zeppelin's "Stairway to Heaven."

http://members.rogers.com/zepstair/

It's slightly more convincing because the shear number and clarity of the reverse lyrics.

I still really doubt one could craft a coherant foward song out of even mostly garbled reverse lyrics. If it was intended perhaps, in context of the forward lyrics, it has to do with the "two paths you can go by," being some artsy thing; in the forward about a woman searching for the stairway to heaven, faithful that she'll find it, and backward from the point of view of a person who doesn't trust God, or the path/powers/promises he offers. If so, quite literally "sometimes words have two meanings." ... And they'd have to be complete geniuses.

The most convincing for me, if any, was the begining (if backwards) "Plaaaay backwards,
hear why its sung here, oppositioner." Because of the clarity of the lyric and what it says in relation to what is alleged.

Maybe...

Anyone know where I can get a .mp3 to .wav converter?

------------------
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....

[This message has been edited by Bounty Hunter 4 hire (edited April 27, 2004).]
2004-04-27, 4:51 PM #2
holy poo.....that's so....I don't know, i'm really thrown off

------------------
Punktkerbe | www.hl2central.net
2004-04-27, 5:00 PM #3
...No, they wernt devil worshippers. THe song doesnt make any sense because they were wacked out of their minds on dope when they wrote it. Theres no conspiracy. If you played *any* song backwards, and concentrated hard enough, Im sure you could come up with any number of colorful lyrics.

------------------
I used to believe that we must fight the future, lest change come without our consent. I was wrong. The truth is that we must embrace the future, for only with change can we remain the same.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2004-04-27, 5:00 PM #4
Is it me, or am I not hearing the words in the reversed clips. It seems you can create "words" out of gibberish and somehow compose it into a "messages." I guess if it remotely or sounds similar to a word, the backwards lyrics mean something...

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)

------@%
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-04-27, 5:30 PM #5
Someone should make a song out of that.

------------------
All the prism in the world couldn't make hue.
2004-04-27, 6:08 PM #6
!sdaeh rouy fo tuo dekcaw lla er'ouY ...yciripsnoc on si erehT ![derosnec] esroh lla si sihT

[.sdrawkcab s'ti fi neve ,raews t'nac uoY :tidE]

------------------

[This message has been edited by Vincent Valentine (edited April 27, 2004).]
2004-04-27, 6:13 PM #7
I don't believe it, just found it of interest.

Most of the supposed reverse lyrics are ridiculously forced, and the entire concept is based, as I said, on the idea that someone could craft a coherant song out of reverse nonsense.

[edit]Sorry 'bout the reverse curse...

------------------

[This message has been edited by Bounty Hunter 4 hire (edited April 27, 2004).]
2004-04-27, 6:16 PM #8
Hah, don't worry, it was fun. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
All the prism in the world couldn't make hue.

↑ Up to the top!