Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → The Lord of The Rings
The Lord of The Rings
2004-04-29, 8:57 AM #1
For the cartoon fans:

The Hobbit - Self-doubting Bilbo Baggins leads a quest through Middle Earth to recover stolen treasure from a terrifying dragon and finds a magic ring. This animated version of the famous Tolkein tale tells the story of an unlikely hero who discoveries that he has more abilities to offer than meets the eye. Airs Sunday, May 16, at 7:00pm

The Lord of the Rings This animated version of the Tolkien classic follows The Fellowship of the Ring on a journey to destroy the One Ring and to end Sauron's reign over Middle Earth and develop a strong relationship along the way. Airs Sunday, May 23, at 7:00pm.

Return of the King - In this animated feature, the magic ring of The Hobbit has now become the Ring of Doom, and, to restore peace, it must be destroyed in the raging fires in which it was made. Chosen for the task, Frodo and faithful servant Sam face grave perils, the worst of which is the ring's terrible power to possess its wearer. Frodo struggles with the madness caused by the Ring. Airs Sunday, May 30, at 7:00pm.

On the Cartoon Network.

------------------
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Correction...

I'm sorry, you must be lost... I think you really don't belong here.</font>

[This message has been edited by DDRSDRAM (edited April 29, 2004).]
Email me
2004-04-29, 8:59 AM #2
I've seen those all, so horribly made. They put real people in the middle of the cartoon and just blotch pink all over them. voice overs were bad, everything just bleh..IMO.

------------------
I’m not going to die, I’m going to see if I was ever alive. - Spike
It's not your right to decide whether they live or die. They deserve a chance! - Vash
Originally posted by Elana14: i would love a dong like that!
Think while it's still legal.
2004-04-29, 9:00 AM #3
Thanks for the warning. Guess I'll just wait till Peter Jackson makes the Hobbit movie.

------------------
Quote:

Email me
2004-04-29, 9:07 AM #4
I *love* those movies.

Might not be your cuppa tea if you liked Jackson's movies though.

------------------
"For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."
-Robert Jastrow
"For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."
-Robert Jastrow
2004-04-29, 9:28 AM #5
Well the thing is I saw these movies after reading the books, and before Jacksons movies.

------------------
It's not your right to decide whether they live or die. They deserve a chance! - Vash
2004-04-29, 9:32 AM #6
http://www.cedmagic.com/featured/tolkien/lotr-2-2039-orc-attack.jpg

*click link then hit refresh if it wont let you view it*

WRAHH LOOK AT THOSE ORCS WRAH!

This is what I mean by they put real people in the film. It looks very horrible. Half the time it looks worse. Like in the pub oh jeese. Pink and green blobs dancing. Treebeard and Gollum are laughable (not people, just poorly made cartoons) Helms Deep is just a big grey block with green and pink blocks running around...*sigh*

http://www.cedmagic.com/featured/tolkien/lotr-3-0757-orcs-quarrel.html

http://www.cedmagic.com/featured/tolkien/lotr-3-0949-orc-last-stand.html

http://www.cedmagic.com/featured/tolkien/lotr-3-0713-rider-eomer.html

http://www.cedmagic.com/featured/tolkien/lotr-3-2545-helm-defenders.html

http://www.cedmagic.com/featured/tolkien/lotr-3-3912-encircled.html

Sad huh...

------------------

[This message has been edited by SAJN_Master (edited April 29, 2004).]
2004-04-29, 9:36 AM #7
Eomer looks like Jesus.
2004-04-29, 9:48 AM #8
That doesn't look that bad.

------------------
Superstition brings bad luck.
-Raymond Smullyan, 5000B.C.
:master::master::master:
2004-04-29, 9:49 AM #9
What you have to realize is that these movies were targeted towards really really young kids. Remember those cheesy cartoons you used to watch on Nickelodean with the horrible animation when you were five years old? Thats exactly what these are. If you approach them understanding this, they arent that bad.

------------------
And everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon...
DSettahr's Homepage | Cantina Cloud
2004-04-29, 10:31 AM #10
The Lord of the Ringwaiths looks like those creatures that sold C3P0 and R2-D2 to Uncle Owen in Star Wars A New Hope.

------------------
Quote:

Email me
2004-04-29, 10:33 AM #11
Dude... Jawas were only 2 feet tall... the Ringwraths were 6 foot tall monsters.

------------------
<Outlaw_Torn> you mean your related to that damned sasquatch, Mech?
<MechWarrior> Lets just say the part of the family tree that does fork has bossy the goat in it.

<ubuu> does hitler have a last name?
2004-04-29, 10:36 AM #12
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DSettahr:
What you have to realize is that these movies were targeted towards really really young kids. Remember those cheesy cartoons you used to watch on Nickelodean with the horrible animation when you were five years old? Thats exactly what these are. If you approach them understanding this, they arent that bad.

</font>

And add the fact that these were made in the seventies and it all makes sense. I remember watching these when I was a little kid (5 or 6) and I loved them.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-04-29, 2:13 PM #13
I wonder what Lords of the Ring, the anime would be like....
2004-04-29, 2:22 PM #14
I loved The Hobbit. The music and art was fantastic and it's just a plain fun movie. As someone stated above, they're oriented towards small children, but then again, according to Tolkien, so were the books. The Silmarillion though, is a bit more complicated.

------------------
www.MentatMM.com (status = down :/)
Napalm Death Squad (status = alpha)
2004-04-29, 2:33 PM #15
The hobbit animated movie is wonderful. That's exactly what it should be, and i hope JP takes after some of it for the live action movie. Oh i can't wait. It's gonna be bilbo, gandalf, and 13 gimlis... bwahahaha. They're better be a lot of singing in it, too.

------------------
There are two asses in Massassi... and I'm one of them.
The Matrix Unplugged|My Portfolio|My Levels
2004-04-29, 2:51 PM #16
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Cloud:
I wonder what Lords of the Ring, the anime would be like....</font>

I beleive I speak for everyone when I say:

Tentacles.

------------------
* Seb goes around singing "I'm too sexy for my body"
* Wolfy goes around singing "I'm too sexy for Seb's body"
* Cave_Demon steals Seb's underwear (underwear stolen: 39)
"NAILFACE" - spe
2004-04-29, 4:03 PM #17
That would just be wrong

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-04-29, 4:54 PM #18
I hated those movies with a passion. well, the LotR ones, at least. I saw return of the king, and turned it off after i saw a ringwraith. they got them completely wrong. a skeleton on a winged horse. Could they have been any more cliche?

[Edit]Forgot this:

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Cazor:
The hobbit animated movie is wonderful. That's exactly what it should be, and i hope JP takes after some of it for the live action movie. Oh i can't wait. It's gonna be bilbo, gandalf, and 13 gimlis... bwahahaha. They're better be a lot of singing in it, too.</font>

While the LotR series sucked, the hobbit was very good. And the music was some great stuff, and use Tolkien's songs. I really hope PJ uses Bilbo's songs wherever he gets the rights for that.

------------------
"No good can ever come from staying with normal people"
-Outlaw Star
"Some people play tennis. I erode the human soul"
-Tycho, Penny Arcade
"I'm a Cannabal-Vegitarian. I will BBQ an employee if there is no veggie option"
-DX:IW
A Knight's Tail
Exile: A Tale of Light in Dark
Scions of Light[/i]
The Never Ending Story Squared[/i]

[This message has been edited by Noble Outlaw (edited April 29, 2004).]
A Knight's Tail
Exile: A Tale of Light in Dark
The Never Ending Story²
"I consume the life essence itself!... Preferably medium rare" - Mauldis

-----@%

↑ Up to the top!