Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Electric Bass Guitar
Electric Bass Guitar
2004-04-29, 3:25 PM #1
What electric bass guitar with amp would be good to get? Im thinking < 250$, Im really interested in bass guitars and am wild about them, I would really like to learn how to play, I want one that would be good for a beginner, but would still be of substantial quiality for a mid-range guitar, any of you have suggestions? I don't mind if it's used, as long as it works great

------------------
Member of the Minneassian Council
2004-04-29, 3:27 PM #2
My younger brother got a Warlock style from E-Bay for under that, my friend. Check it out.

------------------
Prowling out of the tundra, swinging a jeweled meat hammer, cometh Outlaw Torn! And he gives a gutteral bellow:

"I'm seriously going to hump you until you scream like a banshee!"
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2004-04-29, 3:45 PM #3
Hm, first of all, forget the wicked shapes, they're unplayable, and you develop all sort of bad habits from them.

asides from that, look for ESP-LTD starter kits in local shops, Quality stuff for a relatively low price.

------------------
* Seb goes around singing "I'm too sexy for my body"
* Wolfy goes around singing "I'm too sexy for Seb's body"
* Cave_Demon steals Seb's underwear (underwear stolen: 39)
"NAILFACE" - spe
2004-04-29, 6:32 PM #4
in before the move

Squire Bass Pak would probably be the best bet in the neighborhood of your price range

------------------
LONG LIVE DREAMCAST!!!
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2004-04-29, 8:48 PM #5
For about $220 you can get a Washburn XB-100 or B-100, which is what I have. It's a really good beginners bass, and is fairly cheap. If you need an amp though look into a starter set. Many companies make them.

------------------
*slowy waves my hand* There is a signature here...
2004-04-29, 8:56 PM #6
oh yeah i almost forgot...

Washburn XB100 $150
Traynor Bass Mate $70
Behringer BX108 $80

------------------
LONG LIVE DREAMCAST!!!
2004-04-29, 11:24 PM #7
My friend raves about his thunderbird... i know nothing about guitars so i have no idea about the cost or how good it actually is.

------------------
WARNING: THIS POST MAY CONTAIN TRACES OF PEANUT!!!
----@%
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2004-04-30, 6:53 AM #8
OMG d00d! Wrong forum!

[http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
Genesis 22:2-5 - And God said unto Abraham "You must kill your son, Isaac." And Abraham said "What? I can't hear you! You'll have to speak into the microphone." And God said "Check, check, check, check. Jerry, can you pull the high end out. I'm getting some hiss up here."
Valuable Life Lesson: Frog + Potato Gun = Blindness

Catalog of Electronic Components - Complete IC data sheets
National Electrical Code® (NEC®) Online - Legal requirements for wiring projects.
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-04-30, 8:00 AM #9
if you can find a used bass though, try to look for one that has EMG-HZ pickups. they're pretty cheap price wise, but have a very good punch and output for bass.

------------------
* Seb goes around singing "I'm too sexy for my body"
* Wolfy goes around singing "I'm too sexy for Seb's body"
* Cave_Demon steals Seb's underwear (underwear stolen: 39)

[This message has been edited by Seb (edited April 30, 2004).]
"NAILFACE" - spe
2004-04-30, 8:23 AM #10
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by TheJkWhoSaysNi:
My friend raves about his thunderbird... i know nothing about guitars so i have no idea about the cost or how good it actually is.

</font>

the thunderbird is either over $1000 for the gibson and i think ~$400-$500 (might be $600 i'm not sure) for the epiphone model

yeah... out of his price range

------------------
LONG LIVE DREAMCAST!!!
2004-04-30, 9:35 AM #11
I've actually never found a new bass than can go as low [price] as regular guitars go.

------------------
Genesis 22:2-5 - And God said unto Abraham "You must kill your son, Isaac." And Abraham said "What? I can't hear you! You'll have to speak into the microphone." And God said "Check, check, check, check. Jerry, can you pull the high end out. I'm getting some hiss up here."

National Electrical Code® (NEC®) Online - Legal requirements for wiring projects.

[This message has been edited by DogSRoOL (edited April 30, 2004).]
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-04-30, 9:52 AM #12
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DogSRoOL:
I've actually never found a new bass than can go as low as regular guitars go.

</font>

Your talking about price right?
Finding a good price depends on luck and a willingness to search.

I found the finest bass guitar that I have ever played for $200 in a pawn shop.

And you may be able to find that exact one since it was stolen from me, but enough about me,

I agree with drkjedi, although if you can find the extra money I very much recomend getting the Fender version, the squire amp might be fine.
but if you can't aford it the squire version will work but don't expect a whole lot.

------------------
On a Swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."

Grace is the Pleasure of God to magnify the Worth of God by
enabling sinners to delight in God without compromising the Glory of God.
-J. Piper
On a Swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."
2004-04-30, 10:02 AM #13
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by djwguitarman:
Your talking about price right?</font>
Yes. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/redface.gif]

------------------

Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music

↑ Up to the top!