Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Runaway Jury
Runaway Jury
2004-04-29, 2:15 PM #1
*standing ovation* *whistles* *claps* *cheers*

Awesome film. Go see it.

------------------
I’m not going to die, I’m going to see if I was ever alive. - Spike
It's not your right to decide whether they live or die. They deserve a chance! - Vash
Originally posted by Elana14: i would love a dong like that!
Think while it's still legal.
2004-04-29, 2:18 PM #2
Really? The trailer looked a little...you know, in your face. It was like it knew it was a gritty, jury/crime thriller twist-o-thon and so it was hamming it up as that sort of film...
The Last True Evil - consistent nobody in the Discussion Forum since 1998
2004-04-29, 2:18 PM #3
Never saw it in the theaters. Didn't make much of an impression on me.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-04-29, 2:49 PM #4
I really enjoyed it, though the ending was a bit too neat and sappy for my liking. Needed a bit more of an edgy finish.

------------------
Cantina Cloud | BCF | The Massassian 1, 2 & 3 | Gonkmeg
Corrupting the kiddies since '97
2004-04-29, 3:36 PM #5
your right it def. needed a better ending then the one it had
2004-04-29, 4:13 PM #6
Good movie I though. But a bit "dramatic."

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)

------@%
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-04-29, 11:26 PM #7
Excellent movie...I ownz it. (DVD)

------------------
-There are easier things in life than finding a good woman, like nailing Jello to a tree, for instance

-Tazz
-There are easier things in life than finding a good woman, like nailing Jello to a tree, for instance

Tazz
2004-04-30, 3:44 AM #8
very good film...
i've not read the book but apparently it was about a tobacco company, haha.

------------------
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
"*quickly adds in disclaimer that Is may still yet end up being slapped with a white glove, as all women are crazy and there are no rules*" --mavispoo
2004-04-30, 7:01 AM #9
Excelent movie. I saw it a month ago in DVD, and now i'm reading the book. But you've gotta wonder: why did they change the case from a tobacco industry case (book) to a gun industry case (movie)?

------------------
"Iraqniphobia - The fear of non-existant weapons of mass-destruction."
50000 episodes of badmouthing and screaming like a constipated goat cant be wrong. - Mr. Stafford
2004-04-30, 11:09 AM #10
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Forsakahn:
Excelent movie. I saw it a month ago in DVD, and now i'm reading the book. But you've gotta wonder: why did they change the case from a tobacco industry case (book) to a gun industry case (movie)?

</font>

Part of the idea of the plot is that the case would be ground braking, but now that everyone and their cousins are suing the tobacco companies, and there have been lawsuits btween the states and the tobacco companies, its a "its been done" situation. To this date I have not heard of a gun comapny being held responsable for a gun related crime.

------------------
"I like my women how I like my coffee, in a plastic cup." - Eddie Izzard
"It sounds like an epidemic."
"Look, I don't know what that means. But it happens all the time." - Penny Arcade
Last.fm
2004-04-30, 1:27 PM #11
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Forsakahn:

</font>

My guess is to avoid any comparisons to The Insider.

------------------
Cantina Cloud | BCF | The Massassian 1, 2 & 3 | Gonkmeg
Corrupting the kiddies since '97
2004-04-30, 6:51 PM #12
Awsomne movie, Bull**** ending. I swear I was about ready to reach out and strangle the jury members... yeah I get a little to caught up in movies sometimes.
2004-04-30, 6:59 PM #13
Great film.

------------------
Run Away!!
The tired anthem of a loser and a hypocrite.

↑ Up to the top!