Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I just got into a car accident...
I just got into a car accident...
2005-04-01, 6:32 PM #1
This is, in no way, shape, or form, an April Fools joke. I just got into a car accident about 3 hours ago. Was traveling down a road in the left hand lane and apparently the guy didn't see me, and pulled out in front of me from taking a left onto the road. I slammed on my brakes but still went into his rear bumper. He didn't take any damage but his bumper totally ****ed up the driver side front... everything. My left light is totally gone, the hood is totalled, it crunched upwards and even "tore" where his bumper hit. The left side crunched as well and pushed backward, so the driver side door can't open now.

Anyway, to shorten up the story, we got it towed to an auto body shop and left it there till the morning. There's a Geico office there as well, so I guess we'll talk to an agent in the morning.

As far as myself, I wasn't injured at all, neither was the other driver or his passenger, so I guess that's good.

I'm gonna take my camera in the morning and get some shots and probably post them by tommorrow.
<Lyme> I got Fight Club for 6.98 at walmart.
<Black_Bishop> I am Jack's low price guarantee
2005-04-01, 6:35 PM #2
Ouch that sucks... What a hassle, even if you're fully covered.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2005-04-01, 6:49 PM #3
Ahh, sorry to hear about that man. Glad you're alright.
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2005-04-01, 10:33 PM #4
This wouldn't have happened if you guys were driving on the right side of the road. :D
Who made you God to say "I'll take your life from you"?
2005-04-01, 10:38 PM #5
just pray your insurance doesn't go up because of it.
Peace is a lie
There is only passion
Through passion I gain strength
Through strength I gain power
Through power I gain victory
Through victory my chains are broken
The Force shall set me free
2005-04-02, 9:03 AM #6
Which it almost certainly will, sorry.
Life is beautiful.
2005-04-02, 9:05 AM #7
Oh, sucks to be your car.

How much do you make? :confused: start saving, big bill on the way.
This is not the sig you are looking for. Move along.
2005-04-02, 9:07 AM #8
Ah man, that sucks. :(
2005-04-02, 9:13 AM #9
One word - Bugger.
nope.
2005-04-02, 9:18 AM #10
Quote:
Originally posted by The_Lost_One
just pray your insurance doesn't go up because of it.

? How would it not increase? The ****ing colour of your car affects how much you pay... Let alone smashing into the rear end of another car. :(
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2005-04-02, 9:56 AM #11
Not to mention Dredd drives a mustang...
2005-04-02, 10:01 AM #12
That sucks, Dredd. I'm sorry.
2005-04-02, 1:23 PM #13
Bad times :(

His insurance won't go up if investigations determine he wasn't at fault, but that's not likely in a rear end case.
Pissed Off?
2005-04-02, 1:26 PM #14
That all depends. If the guy pulled out in front of Dredd, and it can be proven, then Dredd should be in the clear.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-04-02, 1:30 PM #15
I had a slight flooding accident with my Jeep and at the time I was covered with full coverage from GEICO. About a year earlier I had paid $5500 for the Jeep. GEICO said it was totalled and they offered me $1300 so I could replace it. WHAT!? Their "value" was supposedly based on similar vehicles FOR SALE within a 10 mile radius. When I asked them to send me a list of these vehicles, they had 3 Jeeps with over 200,000 miles, 4 cylinder automatic transmissions, and at least one was like 100 miles away. I wrote them a letter stating that they were severely undervaluing my vehicle and I enclosed a copy of 3 different newspaper classifieds all showing the lowest priced similar Jeep (with a 6cyl manual transmission) at $5000. The guy from GEICO called me back and offered me $5000 payoff which I took. So you need to be careful not to get screwed over, read everything they give you VERY carefully.
2005-04-02, 1:37 PM #16
Yeah, our car insurance company offered us $1200 when a girl totalled my car, and the car was valued at $1800 - they were offering us the price of a car without any of the features my car had (A/C and whatnot). We didn't feel like $600 was worth the extra hassle, so we took the $1200 and kept the car.

Then we sold the car sight-unseen to the car dealer for $600. Win.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-04-02, 4:41 PM #17
that sucks, I was in an accident almost exactly like that about 2 months or so back.
The Gas Station
2005-04-02, 4:49 PM #18
no injuries? No blood or nothing?

waste of time clicking this thread :mad:
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2005-04-02, 7:31 PM #19
The thing is we never had the need to call the police, but a couple of friends from work suggested I should, so in case they do decide to claim they weren't at fault, I have a better chance of fighting it if I file a police report. I also have a co-worker who witnessed the accident so that can help my side too.

I understand that my payments will probably go up either way, but on one side I pay nothing, and on the other side I pay my $250 deductible. I think I'll take the former.
2005-04-02, 7:32 PM #20
But if it can be proven that you weren't at fault, it should be covered by the other guy's liability insurance and not cost your insurance a dime, thus making an increases in your insurance rate unwarranted.
2005-04-02, 7:36 PM #21
Exactly.
Pissed Off?
2005-04-04, 9:54 AM #22
http://forums.massassi.net/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31104

Yup, my insurance company just called... the damage was extensive enough that they are totaling my car and giving me fair market value, which is a little over $7100. For the $8600 we bought it for about 3-4 years ago, I'd say that's pretty good.

Anyway, now I get to shop for a new car! Here I come convertible Mustang! Just in time for summer too! Wooooo!
2005-04-04, 10:01 AM #23
You should get something really cheap and give me a couple hundred dollars.

You wanna just paypal it to me?
2005-04-04, 10:12 AM #24
Yeah, it's amazing how easily something can be rendered as "totalled." My right side got hit by a girl backing out of her driveway (women drivers...sheesh) at no more than 15 mph, and the right side was declared "totalled."

Really pissed off my dad, because this was after he had poured about $800 into fixing up the car.

↑ Up to the top!