Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Saw...
Saw...
2005-04-03, 1:59 AM #1
Holy cow... that movie rocks. Just got finished watching it. I've hesitated to up to this point, cause I thought it'd be stupid... But it freakin rocked.

dang.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2005-04-03, 6:24 AM #2
Sucked..
2005-04-03, 7:53 AM #3
can't see it :(
SpriteMod (JO 2003) Roger Wilco Skin

Snail racing: (500 posts per line) ---@%
2005-04-03, 7:59 AM #4
Quote:
Originally posted by G-Man
can't see it :(

Yep...

Dang blood and gore and R rating...
Very funny Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.
2005-04-03, 9:03 AM #5
What movie did you see? Sin City?
This is not the sig you are looking for. Move along.
2005-04-03, 9:23 AM #6
Quote:
Originally posted by Rob
Sucked..

NEG STAR CAPITAN.

The movie is awesome. It mixes a blend of blood and guts and psychotic thriller.

*shudders*
D E A T H
2005-04-03, 9:54 AM #7
I actually don't normally like movies like that, but I really thought this one rocked.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2005-04-03, 10:06 AM #8
game over! muwahaha yes loved it.
2005-04-03, 10:09 AM #9
Quote:
Originally posted by Macro_Roshuma
What movie did you see? Sin City?

No, Saw.

I thought it was good. Really liked the ending - thought it was very cool. Unfortunately, it strikes me as one of those movies that you can only really watch once, because you already know what's going to happen.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-04-03, 10:10 AM #10
well... maybe. You could watch it a second time to look for clues.

2005-04-03, 10:24 AM #11
blegh it sucked, it was boring....

me and my friends all love creepy movies that scares the living daylight out of you, such as the "grudge" mainly because we got some pretty creepy lighting here at RIT.

After seeing the movie grudge, one time i was in an apartment in riverknoll and was talking to an friend of mine then i looked up and saw the hallway light darkening just like the movie, and i'm like whoa jesus ****.... then it turned to be just a friend who turned off the light somewhere else in the apartment.
Echoman: If I can create energy from stupidity, the world's power supply will never end...
2005-04-03, 10:38 AM #12
...see I normally think movies like that are dumb... The Grudge, The Ring, etc. Neither scared me, and neither did I think had compelling storylines... Saw on the other hand, it just capitivated me somehow, and I couldn't look away. It wasn't exactly scary either, just... compelling.

2005-04-03, 10:41 AM #13
Saw? When did this come out?
2005-04-03, 11:08 AM #14
A few months ago

Movies like that never appeal to me
nope.
2005-04-03, 1:32 PM #15
Boco, typically not me either... But this one was way different from what I was expecting.

And Annovis, it's out on DVD/VHS now. I don't remember it being in theaters, though. If you have the means to check it out, I highly reccomend it. It's choice. (I assume most of you will get that reference)

2005-04-03, 1:40 PM #16
Quote:
Originally posted by GrndAdmThrawn
me and my friends all love creepy movies that scares the living daylight out of you, such as the "grudge" mainly because we got some pretty creepy lighting here at RIT.

Grudge and The Ring sucked on a level of Fear Dot Com.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-04-03, 1:46 PM #17
Saw was freaking awesome!!! I didn't expect it to be that cool. XD
Peace is a lie
There is only passion
Through passion I gain strength
Through strength I gain power
Through power I gain victory
Through victory my chains are broken
The Force shall set me free
2005-04-03, 3:38 PM #18
I just watched it, I guess it was okay. The movie was plagued with awful acting, and the film didn't get interesting until the last 20 minutes or so.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2005-04-03, 3:43 PM #19
It was ok.. It really didn't live up to the hype that some of my friends surrounded it with. The final twist didn't really do much for me. It was a good twist, but I didn't really feel anything.

SE7EN, on the other hand.. That one really had impact for some reason.
2005-04-03, 3:56 PM #20
Quote:
Originally posted by Saiyajin

Now that, is a movie
nope.
2005-04-03, 3:57 PM #21
Quote:
Originally posted by Boco
Now that, is a movie

Nay, a film!
2005-04-03, 4:05 PM #22
Oh, I beg to differ
nope.
2005-04-03, 5:23 PM #23
You don't think SE7EN is worthy of the title of film? I apply "movie" to almost every other photoplay to be in a movie theatre. Film, is reserved for movies that deserve the title (ie. Lawrence of Arabia, Silence of the Lambs, SE7EN, Casablanca, Doctor Zhivago, The Godfather, The Third Man, etc.)
2005-04-03, 8:23 PM #24
... Star wars?

-Saw Saw. Good movie. What do you think happened to our heroes afterward?
2005-04-03, 8:25 PM #25
Quote:
Originally posted by Saiyajin

Because it's so God-damn good. Morgan Freeman, Kevin Spacey, and Brad Pitt, not to mention an extremely, extremely original villain and a twist at the end that still gives me goosebumps.
2005-04-03, 10:00 PM #26
Quote:
Originally posted by bearded_jarl
... Star wars?

-Saw Saw. Good movie. What do you think happened to our heroes afterward?

both died. i dont see how he could have gotten out with his leg cut off and such loss of blood, plus he got up and walked out and could have easily caught up to him (he had to go up stairs and stuff with his leg cut off, i think i even remember a ladder, maybe im crazy). and he didnt do it in the time limit, so his family getting off is just a failure on the other guy's part. they both most likely died, cause the only guys who knew where jigsaw's hideout was got killed, so the cops dont know where he is to go stop him
2005-04-03, 10:05 PM #27
I'm surprised the horrible acting hasn't already been mentioned.

Hilarious movie, the acting and the plot holes were a riot.
"Art is a lie that makes us to realize the truth."
- Pablo Picasso

blog thingamajig
2005-04-03, 10:11 PM #28
eh.. the acting wasn't incredible, I'll admit. But I don't think it was bad enough to detract from the picture. Plus it's not like the main characters were very seasoned actors (of course the exception being Danny Glover, but he wasn't really a main character anyway)

oh and is the spoiler tag ? Want to make sure if I post anything I do it right.

2005-04-03, 10:13 PM #29
That tag blows, use
spoiler:
it's way better.
2005-04-03, 10:20 PM #30
Quote:
Originally posted by Achelois

Hilarious movie, the acting and the plot holes were a riot.

plot holes?

it came to quite a pretty good close. everything was explained and the plot worked out fine. you just had to imagine what happened to them. makes for a scarier experince for people who can be scared by stuff like that. personally i just think its cool.
2005-04-04, 6:57 AM #31
Quote:
Originally posted by Achelois

I said the movie was plagued with awful acting.
2005-04-04, 7:03 AM #32
Quote:
Originally posted by Sarn_Cadrill
(of course the exception being Danny Glover, but he wasn't really a main character anyway)

Cary Ewles is hardly a new face to the screen.
2005-04-04, 8:57 AM #33
The acting in Saw was horrible. The storyline was somewhat interesting, but the poor acting really turned me off. I haven't wanted my money back that much since Dracula 2000 or Van Helsing. Another horrible movie to go see is The Ring 2 (I loved the first film), or Darkness ("WTF" is the only phrase to describe this POS).
2005-04-04, 9:09 AM #34
I'm not saying the entire plot sucked, just that there were a lot of times during the movie where I went "he's a doctor, he should have known that" and such. I don't remember what they were, it's been a long time.

Pretty original plot for a horror movie, though.
"Art is a lie that makes us to realize the truth."
- Pablo Picasso

blog thingamajig

↑ Up to the top!