Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → What do you think UFOs really are?
What do you think UFOs really are?
2005-04-03, 12:16 PM #1
I saw a show about UFos the other day, so i just wanted to know about the public opinion.
|-|E|_|_O
2005-04-03, 12:19 PM #2
Quantum. Quite blatantly quantum.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2005-04-03, 12:21 PM #3
You want to know what I really think?

I think they're unidentified flying objects
nope.
2005-04-03, 12:22 PM #4
Now noone can argue with that!
|-|E|_|_O
2005-04-03, 12:24 PM #5
Time machines, I've been in one, 7 and I built one. :D It was cool.
Sneaky sneaks. I'm actually a werewolf. Woof.
2005-04-03, 12:35 PM #6
demons
Peace is a lie
There is only passion
Through passion I gain strength
Through strength I gain power
Through power I gain victory
Through victory my chains are broken
The Force shall set me free
2005-04-03, 12:40 PM #7
[http://macmentor.org/photos/albums/shens-rs/dino_attack_and_UFO_desktop.sized.jpg]
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2005-04-03, 12:41 PM #8
Oh my god they're aducting children...
2005-04-03, 12:53 PM #9
alot of them (abductuons etc.) are just a hoax but some of the sightings are secret projects imo
2005-04-03, 1:08 PM #10
Probably a lot of them can be explained by secret government projects - a lot of UFO sightings back in the eighties turned out to be B-2s and F-117s.

And you'd be surprised how many sightings are just regular airplanes.

As for the possibility of aliens, I dunno; it just seems that if they were watching us, there would be better ways to do it than to buzz us with ships at night. They'd probably have nanoswarms or something.
Stuff
2005-04-03, 2:46 PM #11
They're probably something that hasn't been considered yet. Of the options you gave, a government project is probably the most likely. Early test flights of B2 bombers were reported as UFO sightings.
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2005-04-03, 2:50 PM #12
Hmm - I think that picture is fake. The dinosaur is just completely out of scale with the rest of the environment...
2005-04-03, 2:52 PM #13
Quote:
Originally posted by Anovis
Oh my god they're aducting children...

Dinosaurs will save us!
2005-04-03, 3:17 PM #14
Many are hoaxes, misunderstandings or otherwise, but there are plenty of cases that are unexplained. I've always been a huge skeptic, but all your explainations still can't answer for say, the original two people that were abducted (i.e. the first case). I always hear the "pfft only a few cases" argument which is...moot. That's like saying "pfft you only have three cures for cancer, it doesn't count."

Besides, I think we all know what's really going on here. The Asgard are recruiting white trash with shotguns to fight the Replicators. [http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/uhoh2.gif]
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2005-04-03, 3:28 PM #15
Quote:
Originally posted by MBeggar
[http://macmentor.org/photos/albums/shens-rs/dino_attack_and_UFO_desktop.sized.jpg]

Terrible photoshopping, especially by the dinosaur. Extensis Mask software would have done wonders for isolating those trees.
2005-04-03, 3:32 PM #16
Hey look. Pagewizard thinks he has talent. Everyone point and laugh! Hahaha!
2005-04-03, 3:38 PM #17
Quote:
Originally posted by Emon
Hahaha!
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2005-04-03, 3:41 PM #18
Quote:
Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS
Terrible photoshopping, especially by the dinosaur. Extensis Mask software would have done wonders for isolating those trees.

*shrug* I thought it fit the theme of "rediculous situation"
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2005-04-03, 5:01 PM #19
Quote:

I thought it was quite obvious that the image wasn't meant to be serious.
2005-04-03, 5:49 PM #20
some are hoaxes

Others are american aircraft designed in secret (cos the morons STILL think its the cold war :rolleyes: )

but some I believe are actual extraterrestrial in origin.

I'm talking beings from Zeta Reticuli, other planes of extistence and future visitations.

werd
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2005-04-03, 5:54 PM #21
Quote:
Originally posted by Ruthven
other planes of extistence and future visitations.

STARGATE IS SCI-FI.
2005-04-03, 6:05 PM #22
What? You mean I joined the Air Force for nothing? CRAP! :mad:

:p
Pissed Off?
2005-04-03, 6:10 PM #23
Isn't Zeta Reticuli the star that the Nostromo was traveling from in "Alien"?
Stuff
2005-04-03, 6:19 PM #24
It's the teasers.
Stupid immature rich kids.
:mad:
2005-04-03, 7:51 PM #25
Quote:
Originally posted by Shintock
I thought it was quite obvious that the image wasn't meant to be serious.

still, its not that hard to mask things properly. Maybe i'm just a PS perfectionist. :p
2005-04-03, 8:07 PM #26
They're secret german weapons.
DO NOT WANT.
2005-04-03, 8:22 PM #27
Quote:
Terrible photoshopping, especially by the dinosaur

Still... That's one talented dinosaur to even operate a mouse and keyboard.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2005-04-03, 8:38 PM #28
Pagewizard was playing around :P... i hope.
"The only crime I'm guilty of is love [of china]"
- Ruthven
me clan me mod
2005-04-03, 8:46 PM #29
I believe some sightings could be true, I mean Earth could be part of some weird intergalactic tour if you want a logical reason why we are never contacted and they always run. Just like humans taking tours with a chopper or something and finding a tribe out of contact with the rest of the world.

We really need to get our hands on their anti-focusing device though, that could work wonders against news reporters you don't want recording certain things.

Quote:

Actually just setting the mass select tool in photoshop to about 60 and clicking on the sky would've done it. No other software would've been really needed even if the picture had been a serious attempt. Everybody knows real dinosaurs were neon-colored anyways.
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2005-04-04, 2:56 PM #30
neon-colored?
I always thought they was bright pink or yellow.

With the sheer quantity of planets out there they has got to be life somewhere else besides here, so I vote aliens (at least for a couple of them)

↑ Up to the top!