Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Broken arm and 3-4 months to heal...
Broken arm and 3-4 months to heal...
2005-04-05, 2:46 PM #1
Long story short:

Broke my arm snowboarding in Panorama on Spring Break.

Okay, now what really pisses me off is that I can't do anything for the next few months...Even though I won't need a cast in the next few weeks. I think thats bull****, but I know my doctor is right and that he knows what's best for me.

Anyways, it's almost summer! The snow is going down and it's really, really warm allowing for summer activites such as jumping on the trampoline, skateboarding, swimming, biking, and running around. Unlike the rest of my friends, I will be stuck indoors to twidle my thumbs, use my computer, play PS2, read, or play my Game Boy.

I would like the friendly folks at Massassi to give me some ideas on what I can do/buy to help pass the time. Neat websites, cool books, PS2 games...Whatever is fun.
Very funny Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.
2005-04-05, 2:49 PM #2
See how far back you can twist your arm until you pass out.
Sneaky sneaks. I'm actually a werewolf. Woof.
2005-04-05, 2:58 PM #3
Side note, i've broken my toe, 4-6 weeks to heal
nope.
2005-04-05, 5:06 PM #4
Ouch.
2005-04-05, 5:10 PM #5
I got a nice hairline fracture in my wrist going horizontaly at a slight angle. It hurt like heck, and had it in a brace for quite a while. Happened and I fell off a snowbank and hit concrete the wrong way. Nobody beleived that I was in insane pain and had a reason to cry, until it was swollen so much nobody could get my glove off. Ouchies.

Anywho, Psi Ops is a good time waster. As for books, I reccomend the Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind, with the first book being Wizard's First Rule. Good luck. :)
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2005-04-05, 5:15 PM #6
I did that once. Break the wrist I mean.

As for the book, I tried reading it half a year ago and got bored.
2005-04-05, 5:21 PM #7
Got a greenstick, tripping over a friiends bag and landing on my wrist.... Other note, its the toe next to my big toe
nope.
2005-04-05, 5:27 PM #8
Quote:
Originally posted by Final_Hope__
I did that once. Break the wrist I mean.

As for the book, I tried reading it half a year ago and got bored.

Trust me, the series get's much better later on. With the size it is, at least it'll get rid of all the anti-outside boredom. It got me with a better portion of last year when my teacher was a ho, and most of boring science classes in High School.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2005-04-05, 5:33 PM #9
I broke my pinky bone once. I went around beating up old people with my cast. Sweet.
2005-04-05, 7:58 PM #10
Quote:
Originally posted by Boco
Side note, i've broken my toe, 4-6 weeks to heal

Ohh that sucks... broke my toe about a year ago. Went to the doctor and he said 'yeap it's broken, nothing we can do about it'. So I had to limp around for a month till it healed itself... Fun.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2005-04-05, 10:13 PM #11
i think i got a stress fracture or carpal tunnels in my left wrist....can't do pushups without it feeling like the bone's going to break. :(
Peace is a lie
There is only passion
Through passion I gain strength
Through strength I gain power
Through power I gain victory
Through victory my chains are broken
The Force shall set me free
2005-04-06, 12:28 AM #12
I broke my left arm, both bones clean, just above the wrist when I was ten. I was in a long cast eight weeks and then a short cast for anther three. All but a week of that was summer vacation. It meant no soccer, baseball, swimming, or much of any fun at all for that summer.
Pissed Off?
2005-04-06, 1:06 AM #13
Ive never broken a bone or had a serious injury. Guess I should feel lucky, rather then envious>.>

o.0
2005-04-06, 1:10 AM #14
Quote:
Originally posted by The_Lost_One
i think i got a stress fracture or carpal tunnels in my left wrist....can't do pushups without it feeling like the bone's going to break. :(

I don't even have to make a joke for that to sound wrong.

:P

↑ Up to the top!