Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Move over M3...
Move over M3...
2005-04-05, 4:36 PM #1
As many of you know, I am quite the BMW fanatic.

But.. I have finally found a car I want more than a BMW M3.

GRRRRROWL! Someone hold me back... Please.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2005-04-05, 4:50 PM #2
Thats the new m5? Looks soooo goood.

Personally I never liked the huge grill face of BMW's, but those new smaller ones on the sleeker body are awesome.

Beautiful car.
Kenya, Now with lions and tigers.
2005-04-05, 4:51 PM #3
I prefer the M3, it's the first car I really appreciated and wanted. The others were all "mm..." but that M3 was like "WOWWWW" :D
Sneaky sneaks. I'm actually a werewolf. Woof.
2005-04-05, 4:56 PM #4
well.. the m3 will always have a special place in my heart. But... you just can't ignore 10 cylinders and 500 horses. Plus I think the m5 has a slightly more refined look... Almost like a cross between the m3 and like.. the 5 series or something.

I wish they had specs up... Cause I bet that thing is fast.

And, you'll notice there's an m6 also, but I think that one's kinda ugly.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2005-04-05, 5:01 PM #5
Now if BMW's engineers could learn that there are MUCH better and MUCH more efficient ways of increasing power besides adding more cylinders. ;)
2005-04-05, 5:03 PM #6
I'm sure they know better how to design cars than you, Mr. Sinister. Besides, it's more about the bragging rights of telling someone you have a sports sedan with a v10.

2005-04-05, 5:14 PM #7
Dude, you seriously need to calm the **** down. I was just messing with you.

As far as braggin rights go, I'd mcuh rather have a turbocharged V6 or V8 that can run circles around a V10.

But, I've got to admit, that car does look nice. At least BMW isn't going with that crappy faux-futuristic, Euro stlye that other car companies are leaning towards (i.e Ford Focus, the next gen of Civics, etc.)
2005-04-05, 5:19 PM #8
amen to that... (about the crappy car styles)

and I didn't mean anything mean about my other post. I was being sarcastic. (You'll notice I called you Mr. Sinister... thats kind of a give away when Im being sarcastic.)

2005-04-05, 6:31 PM #9
Quote:
Originally posted by Mister_Sinister
Dude, you seriously need to calm the **** down. I was just messing with you.

As far as braggin rights go, I'd mcuh rather have a turbocharged V6 or V8 that can run circles around a V10.

But, I've got to admit, that car does look nice. At least BMW isn't going with that crappy faux-futuristic, Euro stlye that other car companies are leaning towards (i.e Ford Focus, the next gen of Civics, etc.)

I love turbo's as much as the next guy (probably a lot more, truth be told) but there really is no replacement for displacement. A bigger engine wil always have more potential. You can turbo a 4-cylinder and get as much power as a V8, but turbo the V8 and you've got another monster entirely. Same goes for the V10. Putting that hulk in there just gave owner's SO much more room for improvement.
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
Devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say
2005-04-05, 7:22 PM #10
I really like the older m3, it just has more character
[http://www.automotiveforums.com/jacob/cow/cow5/Dado3.jpg]
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
2005-04-05, 8:06 PM #11
^^ I'm with you..

Besides, with today's gas prices.. I would stay away from a 10 banger... but if I were to buy one. I would get an 850csi
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2005-04-06, 12:42 AM #12
That is one sexy car.
Pissed Off?
2005-04-06, 4:36 AM #13
http://www.godoftheinternet.com/m3_gtr_nurburgring.wmv

M3 GTR going around the Northern Nurburgring circuit(old F1 track, not new one). About 54 meg.
2005-04-06, 6:13 AM #14
although BMW's are great cars, if offered one I definatly wouldn't say no, why would you need such performance in such a big car...

i'd sooner get one of these, than spend the same amount on the M5.
People of our generation should not be subjected to mornings.

Rbots
2005-04-06, 7:55 AM #15
Saw the new M5 at the recent Meelbourne Motor Show.. I think. There was one of the Ms there, I'm sure of that.

Prefer the old ones myself, too. The entire new BMW series is just a little weird shaped. Oh, and I think the M3 is sexier than the M5 in general because it only has 2 doors. The M5 has awesome power and is a great car, yeah, but it looks like something a 50+ executive would drive. The M3 is much sportier, and actually looks like it performs.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2005-04-06, 8:17 AM #16
Quote:
Originally posted by GHORG
http://www.godoftheinternet.com/m3_gtr_nurburgring.wmv

M3 GTR going around the Northern Nurburgring circuit(old F1 track, not new one). About 54 meg.

It is bad I know that track from playing too much Gran Turismo 4? :o
The start section is a little extended, looks like it includes part of the new F1 track, but apart from that...

Awesome video, thanks.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2005-04-06, 6:57 PM #17
Good choice Mr. Bond. I too would choose that car over the new M5. However, I would take the new Shelby GT500 over almost any car (except a Skyline GT-R of course). Almost 500 hp for less than $40k is pretty damn incredible. Not to mention it just looks so mean.
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
Devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say

↑ Up to the top!