Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → TACC Forums "*****"???
TACC Forums "*****"???
2005-04-07, 2:32 AM #1
forums.commandchamber.net

Anyone got any idea? Is Ryan living a week in the past and offering up a rather lame April's Fools? I simply can't imagine that anyone who would write "*****" would be smart enough to hack a website.

Ryan, was your password "ryan"? If so, I'm greatly disappointed.

The other option is that this is a temporary page whilst Ryan is doing some massive upgrades to the forums, but this theory is blasted totally risible as it implies that Ryan would do some work to TACC.

NOTE: Massassians, if you don't help us get back our forums, we'll just come over here and stink up these ones. I don't think you'd like that very much for obvious reasons.
2005-04-07, 2:34 AM #2
I see that the word "pee double-ewe enn eee dee" is censored. I must compliment the chefs on their great taste.
2005-04-07, 4:22 AM #3
Massassi wouldn't notice if we "stink up" their forums, I mean how many posts are made on TACC each week? A dozen at the most? This is probably a blessing in disguise and long coming...

R.I.P. TACC 1998 - 2005
Xbox Live/PlayStation Network/Steam: tone217
http://twitter.com/ourmatetone
2005-04-07, 6:39 AM #4
You despair far too easily...it's fixed! :)

I am really busy so I don't often check TACC's forums or these, but I can be reached by email if something gets messed up on the site and needs fixing: thrawn at commandchamber.net.
2005-04-07, 7:03 AM #5
I didn't even see a ****** ?...

I feel left out :(
2005-04-07, 10:18 AM #6
So what was the problem, Ryan?
2005-04-07, 12:13 PM #7
Another exploit in phpBB (yeah, big surprise there). Basically the description field of one of the boards was replaced with some CSS that used absolute positioning and layering to put that dumb hacked message overtop of the rest of the forums.

I fixed the problem and updated to the newest phpBB to fix the hole.
2005-04-07, 12:17 PM #8
Is the site ever going to be updated though?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-04-07, 12:20 PM #9
I didn't know the place existed, looks boring compared to this GREEN.
Sneaky sneaks. I'm actually a werewolf. Woof.
2005-04-07, 12:22 PM #10
We had ongoing discussions about that before...basically there's not much editing activity these days so things are slow. To expand to cover other games and such, I'd need to find a new webmaster to take over management since I don't have time anymore. If anyone is interested (and seriously committed), please contact me (or better yet post over on the forums at TACC and let us know what your ideas are).
2005-04-07, 3:06 PM #11
Quote:
Originally posted by Oxyonagon
I didn't know the place existed, looks boring compared to this GREEN.

Pah! Back in the days of old TACC had a thriving community and a super duper review site. These days it's one or two new topics a week that die after a couple of replies, with Matthew lurking.
Xbox Live/PlayStation Network/Steam: tone217
http://twitter.com/ourmatetone
2005-04-07, 3:25 PM #12
Quote:
Originally posted by Matthew Pate
NOTE: Massassians, if you don't help us get back our forums, we'll just come over here and stink up these ones. I don't think you'd like that very much for obvious reasons.

Oh please, you already gave us Pagewizard, how much worse could anyone else be?
2005-04-07, 9:17 PM #13
Ouch. Thats some bashing if ive ever heard it.
I was just petting the bunny, and it went into the soup can, and part of my hand went with it. - Red vs Blue

↑ Up to the top!