Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Boots!!
Boots!!
2005-04-07, 4:26 PM #1
Ok, so I've grown attached to wearing boots over this winter. I normally never really wore boots, but now I'm in love with them.

So I want to invest in some good looking, comfy boots. Anyone got any recomendations?
2005-04-07, 4:37 PM #2
Whatever you do, don't buy timberlands!
nope.
2005-04-07, 4:40 PM #3
Aha, lol, someone else reccomended those to me... :cool:
2005-04-07, 4:42 PM #4
Don't!
nope.
2005-04-07, 4:42 PM #5
Quote:
Originally posted by Boco

What's wrong with timberlands, besides the obvious mainstreamness of them? The noncomformist bandwagon is just as full as the mainstream one...
grammar edit
speeling edit
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.
2005-04-07, 4:49 PM #6
GRAMMAR DOES NOT HAVE AN E!!!

ugh...

anyway, I just have two words.

Steel Toe. :D
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2005-04-07, 4:56 PM #7
Combat.
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....
2005-04-07, 5:14 PM #8
These are the boots I wear. I've had them for a couple of months and they're working out fine. Before this I had a pair of them without the side zipper, the pair lasted for about 3 years (they're still in ok shape, I just wanted less worn-down heels). Magnum is an ok brand. Lot of cops wear these for the mobility, durability and "stealth," though they're nowhere near as stealthy as less durable boots (if this even matters to you).

If you're going in for combat boots of some kind, consider where you'll be wearing them.. they're designed for specific climate/surface conditions. If you get jungle boots they'll be airy and more water resistant than most boots, but walking around on concrete all the time will wear the sole down fast. I also avoid models with steel toe because I wear them year-round and they get colder in the winter (in my experience). Also weighs more, costs more.

Check your local surplus store (if there's a good one). They frequently have brand new shoes at lower prices, sometimes much lower if there are slight defects. Some paratrooper or imported boots look pretty odd as well if that appeals to you for some reason (biker boots also look funny too of course, my dad wears them).

Good luck.
2005-04-07, 5:20 PM #9
They're cheaper on eBay
nope.
2005-04-07, 5:29 PM #10
They rock.
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2005-04-07, 9:15 PM #11
combat or jungle combat the jungle ones are cool
Peace is a lie
There is only passion
Through passion I gain strength
Through strength I gain power
Through power I gain victory
Through victory my chains are broken
The Force shall set me free
2005-04-07, 9:27 PM #12
Quote:
Originally posted by Boco

You know, thay actually make some decent hiking boots.

I have a pair of Columbia hiking boots that I got six years ago now (damn, I've had them for a while), and I still wear them a lot. I've got hundreds of back packing miles, even more hiking miles, hard construction work, and everyday wear out of them and they are still in pretty good shape.
Pissed Off?
2005-04-07, 9:33 PM #13
Quote:
Originally posted by Masq
These are the boots I wear.

Discount my butt. :eek:

http://www.qmuniforms.com/itemdy00.asp?T1=S89+788+M+070&Cat=
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2005-04-07, 9:37 PM #14
Only combat/jungle boots here...
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2005-04-07, 10:51 PM #15
Quote:
Originally posted by Jedigreedo
Discount my butt. :eek:
[
Yeah, that site is.. unreasonable. :P Same model I wear though, got them for $75 new. Wish I had seen that $50 cheapo site if it was happening a month ago.
2005-04-07, 10:56 PM #16
Woot! I just got some really nice hiking boots at 75% off. They were $200, I got them for $50.
Stuff
2005-04-08, 12:30 AM #17
The only boots I own are rubber boots. They are really good looking, comfy boots when you are crossing swamps or other vile terrain. But you probably don't want to go downtown wearing them... :)
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2005-04-08, 12:42 AM #18
Get UGGs.
:master::master::master:
2005-04-08, 12:47 AM #19
I agree with Masq about the Magnums.

Those are the kind I wear and I find them comfortable and very durable. I used my first pair for years with cadets and then search and rescue. I just replaced them a month ago with the same model because I like them so much. A very good boot.

I use the "Storm" model. but I hear the "Stealth" model is very comfortable too.

They have a really good selection:

[url]www.magnumboots.com[/url]
"You were probably a result of sabotage."
2005-04-08, 3:21 PM #20
Well, Timberland make good hiking boots, but Don't buy the casual stuff with the sides folded over!
nope.

↑ Up to the top!