Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Somehow, I doubt this would happen today...
Somehow, I doubt this would happen today...
2005-04-08, 8:13 AM #1
http://new.mynevadacounty.com/sheriff/index.cfm?ccs=912&cs=801

Quote:
History
History of the Nevada County Sheriff's Office

Nevada County is located north and east of Sacramento. Its derringer shape encompasses 980 square miles of scenic foothills and mountains. The county covers both the eastern and western sides of the Sierra Nevada mountain range. The elevation ranges from less than 1,000 feet to more than 9,000 feet.

The 1800s

The county was established on May 18, 1851, by an act of the California legislature. Previously, it had been part of Yuba County, but growth of business and population, and the distance to the courts and county businesses prompted residents of this area to move the legislature for separate county organizations.

Election of the first county officers occurred on the fourth Monday of May, 1851, with John Gallagher elected as the first Sheriff of Nevada County. The community of Nevada, later named Nevada City (not to be confused with the state of Nevada), was the location chosen for the county seat.

The first courthouse and jail were completed in early July, 1856, and promptly burned to the ground on July 19, 1856, as much of the town burned. During the fire, Sheriff W. W. Wright became overcome with heat and smoke while releasing prisoners from the jail. A prisoner in custody for murder picked up and carried the unconscious sheriff from the burning building taking him to a nearby creek where the prisoner revived him.
woot!
2005-04-08, 8:55 AM #2
You never know
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2005-04-08, 9:20 AM #3
Here's what would happen today.

During the fire, Sheriff W. W. Wright became overcome with heat and smoke while releasing prisoners from the jail. A prisoner in custody for murder picked up unconscious sheriff's revolver and shot him three times, after which he threw the body into the nearby creek. Then he escaped. The End.
|-|E|_|_O
2005-04-08, 10:56 AM #4
Quote:
Originally posted by Darth_biggs
Here's what would happen today.

During the fire, Sheriff W. W. Wright became overcome with heat and smoke while releasing prisoners from the jail. A prisoner in custody for murder picked up unconscious sheriff's revolver and shot him three times, after which he threw the body into the nearby creek. Then he escaped. The End.

Depends on the criminal. Perhaps if it was a cold-blooded killer. But if it was someone who had killed in a fit of rage, probably not. I could see it happening today. People are usually willing to help you if you help them, even if they're at different ideological (I couldnt think of a better word... ) extremes.
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2005-04-08, 11:01 AM #5
No, here's what would happen today:
Quote:
During the fire, Sheriff W. W. Wright ran like a little sissy and watched all the people in jail burn to death. When the news cameras appeared, he became somber and apologetic. "I did everything I could, there just wasn't time." He then stressed the need for higher taxes so tragedies such as this wouldn't happen again. He promptly got into his 2005 Sheriff Special Caprice Classic with heated seats and a 10 speaker sound system and went on patrol to write more speeding tickets.
2005-04-08, 11:08 AM #6
Brian wins.
2005-04-08, 11:09 AM #7
Brian loves cops.
2005-04-08, 11:11 AM #8
Especially when they frisk him.
2005-04-08, 11:47 AM #9
Maybe the prisoner was innocent.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2005-04-08, 12:11 PM #10
But all murderers in Nevada City are friendly!
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-04-08, 2:09 PM #11
"Pardon me sir, while I shoot you in the chest. Let me get you a towel for that."
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
Devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say
2005-04-08, 4:03 PM #12
brian wins.

i lived in sacramento and worked in nevada county. it is so incredibly beautiful there. so beautiful.
the foothills, the mountain rivers. we tubed down the bear and american rivers out of the sierra nevadas. incredible.
the fishing in that area is amazing.
2005-04-08, 10:10 PM #13
It is a nice place indeed.
Pissed Off?
2005-04-08, 10:22 PM #14
Quote:
Originally posted by Brian
No, here's what would happen today:
Quote:
During the fire, Sheriff W. W. Wright ran like a little sissy and watched all the people in jail burn to death. When the news cameras appeared, he became somber and apologetic. "I did everything I could, there just wasn't time." He then stressed the need for higher taxes so tragedies such as this wouldn't happen again. He promptly got into his 2005 Sheriff Special Caprice Classic with heated seats and a 10 speaker sound system and went on patrol to write more speeding tickets.

You forgot the part where he blamed someone else for the fire when in reality he fell asleep with a lit cigarette in his hand.

Or perhaps there were pyros who play to many violent video games.
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2005-04-09, 8:00 PM #15
Quote:
Originally posted by Crimson
"Pardon me sir, while I shoot you in the chest. Let me get you a towel for that."

"Excuse me sir, if I could just distract you for one moment please.. Thank you!"
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!

↑ Up to the top!