Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Gates of Hell
Gates of Hell
2005-04-08, 6:07 PM #1
Click here

It's an interesting read, any of you live near any of these place?
2005-04-08, 6:16 PM #2
I live in Georgia, i guess kinda close to Cherokee county :(, so sad these guys are resting in peace.
"The only crime I'm guilty of is love [of china]"
- Ruthven
me clan me mod
2005-04-08, 6:20 PM #3
Quote:
Kentucky:

-Elizabethtown - Gates of Hell - The "Gates of Hell" is the nickname of a cemetery at the end of St. John Road. It has been rumored over the years to be haunted.

I live about 60 miles from E-town . . . and I think Ive seen this cemetary... :eek:
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2005-04-08, 6:20 PM #4
Dunno whether to believe any of it or not, wish there was some really close to NYC.
Kenya, Now with lions and tigers.
2005-04-08, 6:22 PM #5
Haha, I live in Cherokee County. It's like the last place I'd expect anything scary to happen, least of which being a "cult killing".
2005-04-08, 6:37 PM #6
I dunno if it's the right Marion, but there's a small city called Marion that's maybe 30 min away from my univ. Hmmm, might be something fun for me and a few buds to go see tomorrow night. :cool: :eek: :o ;)

BTW, I live in Louisiana, and I'm assuming the Marion listed there is in LA as well, seeing as it's between KY and MD.
2005-04-08, 6:42 PM #7
go to wierd new jersey's website, and go to abandoned.
There will be another gates of hell story.
I think its cool.

I could proabably head up to fort collins to check out the goat thing or whatever.
2005-04-08, 7:00 PM #8
Quote:
-Antioch - Empire Mine Road - Gates of Hell - Fair warning - no trespassing you will get fined or arrested. Possibly torn down - In the middle of Empire Mine road, there is a Stuckko wall with a bunch of spray paint on it. If you like to take hikes, this is the place to go. There is a rumor of an old Insane Asylum at the very end of this road. You will come to another gate then behind their lies this old decrepit Structure of a hospital. Many people were killed brutally in this place, and it is VERY haunted by not so nice spirits. Things have been thrown at people, they have been pushed and screams have been heard from the people being tortured by themselves or another. - October 2003 update: Reports of it being a golf course now.
2005-04-08, 7:15 PM #9
Quote:
-Gypsum - Devils Washboard - The Happy Seven - Back in the 50's 7 high school kids were out raising hell while driving drunk and drove over three treacherous hills that follow in a row. Each one getting steeper and steeper and on the last one they actually hit the side of it crushing there car into a very compact box! True story. The town’s police had the car put up on a high wooden platform on the side of the road at the exact spot they died, to teach the rest of the towns teenagers from making the same mistake. Thing is don't go messing around and try even though it’s a thrill ride, you will wreck or almost lose it and it's said if you try it. You can hear the young teenagers screaming. This is very dangerous, drive with caution.

Give me a break. If all it takes is a few dumbasses killing themselves while driving drunk to make a spot haunted, there'd be more ghosts in Kansas than people.
2005-04-08, 7:34 PM #10
Well, that Marion is in Kentucky, not LA. But they (The Shadowlands) have two places on campus listed as haunted, and a bar that I've been to on several occasions. I go to univ. in Ruston, LA. There are also several other supposed haunted areas within a 30 min drive of here.

Quote:
DeRidder - Pleasant Hill Cemetery - A Little boy at the age of 3 and His mother were killed in a house fire. They are buried at the Pleasant Hill Cemetery. There names were Marie and Freddie Kruger. Sometimes if you go out there at night and stand at the fence you can see an orange flame above his grave.

That's my hometown. But really, have they ever heard of these amazing things called candles?
2005-04-08, 8:17 PM #11
I like how the first one is all "It's no myth!" as if suddenly I believe them when they say that. Video?
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-04-08, 8:32 PM #12
Thanks alot. Now I went to those ghost sites linked in the forum.. and I'm never going to sleep again. Kthnxbye.
2005-04-08, 8:43 PM #13
Pennsylvania

-York - The Seven Gates of Hell - It is a separate private road off of Toad Road. Years ago there was a mental hospital located near Toad road. It is now a deserted building. Hundreds of mental patients are said to have escaped from there and killed in the woods surrounding it. If you travel back to Toad Road, you go through seven gates known to locals as "The Seven Gates of Hell." No one has ever been through the fifth gate. Everyone who makes it to the gates hears noises and sees weird things moving in the woods. - Update: It was so popular among local teenagers that just recently, the old hospital and the gates were torn down. One gate stands, the first gate, which is highly visible off of Trout Run Rd. The area is private property, and there are many new no trespassing signs up. Forestry agents are reportedly tearing down trees back there to stop people from coming to experience the "freakiness".

damn i needed something to do this weekend. :(
Peace is a lie
There is only passion
Through passion I gain strength
Through strength I gain power
Through power I gain victory
Through victory my chains are broken
The Force shall set me free
2005-04-08, 8:49 PM #14
Something minorly related -- I heard Ouija boards are illegal, is that true?
2005-04-08, 8:55 PM #15
Quote:
-Marion - Baker Hollow Road Cemetery - Many different things occur at this particular cemetery. It is located off of Baker Church Road going toward Morganfield. You turn to the left off Baker Church Road on to Baker Hollow Road. There is one cemetery behind the church on the left. After you pass this church there is a fork in the road, follow it to the left and this is where everything begins. However on a good night it begins when you first turn on the road. You have to go after dark but the best time to go is around or after midnight. This cemetery disappears and then reappears in different locations. However it will not show itself when you drive down the road. You have to drive down to the end of the road and turn around and come back in order to see the cemetery. You will know when you are close to the cemetery because you will have an overwhelming feeling of sadness and will begin to cry for no apparent reason. You will see and hear various things. Sometimes you can hear music playing, laughter, screams and hear things trying to get in your vehicle. There have also been fingerprints and dents in vehicles visitors have taken `ut there as well as scratches that came from the outside but went all the way thought the glass. If you are actually lucky enough to find the cemetery and drive up in to it you will not be able to drive out. It is so spiritually active that it drains the battery of your car leaving you stranded until the morning or until you get brave enough to push your car out. There have been images of Soldiers killing each other and those around them. There have been sightings of the dense woods opening where you can see more than you should. The fork in the road rolls and a dense mist appears and disappears as you drive the road. There is also a guardian dog. This dog closely resembles the "Hounds of Hell" as described in the Bible. This dog has dead yellow eyes and casts the shadow of a demon when it gets ready to disappear in the triangle at the fork in the road. The dog appears to be injured when it first appears on the side of the road, thus making you want to stop and pick it up, which in turn gives an open invitation to any spirit that is around. When you fail to pick up the dog things begin to change. The dog will walk a few steps and then turn to see if you are still following it. However if you speed up the dog will speed up, if you slow down it will slow down, if you go to the left it will go to the left, if you go to the right it will go to the right and it is impossible to run over this dog. There have also been sightings of wrecked vehicles with people screaming for help. Due to the period in time when this cemetery was began you will see images of men who were hung from the trees out this road before and after you pass the cemetery. You will also see images of dead family members calling to you. You will also experience a change in the weather when you turn out this road. For instance it will be raining before you turn on the road, but when you turn on to this road the rain mysteriously stops and the mist begins until you exit this road where the rain will start again. There are many other things that occur out this road but you have to be very alert and very open to the spirit world and you cannot show fear or it can take your soul, according to the legend. There are many trapped souls at this location that will mess with you. Make sure you do not have an open invitation of any kind. This means windows rolled up and doors locked. These spirits can also communicate with you through your dreams if you will let them. So go if you dare just don't show fear! Everyone sees something different when they go to this location so be prepared to be scared.

interesting story, even if it isn't true.
2005-04-08, 9:09 PM #16
Haha, good story, but I have a strange feeling that the "spirit world" is far more original than some crappy teenager's imagination. Honestly, I'll bet if we DO have 'spiritual sightings' they're things we never even notice, or are so used to, that it's normal for us. I'm sure spirits don't make a definate attempt to scare the poop out of you, or we'd all see a lot more ghosts, and we'd all have a lot more worries. And if they can "dent the car" then they can smack you in the face with a 2x4, as well. And if that's the case, more people would come back with 2x4 wounds, or "Dude, leave me the hell alone" written on their back in blood.

JediKirby
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-04-08, 9:30 PM #17
Random cold spots (and often a strange inner chilling sensation) are believed to be places of demonic manifestation. There was this time when my mom and stepdad walked by the room I am now staying in and got this sensation, as well as noticing the room was pretty darn cold. Under 'normal' circumstances (whatever that may be), this is actually the warmest room in the house. It worried my mom to the point that she felt the need to pray against it. Feelings went away, and the room apparently stopped being cold.

I live in this room now. :o
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2005-04-08, 9:30 PM #18
Yeah Page, that was the place that I was hoping was nearby. I was sooooooo ready to go find the "phantom cemetery". :D
2005-04-08, 10:00 PM #19
Here's some of my freaky stories, if anyone's interested.

When I was a child, I had my bedroom window open, and I swore I heard my dad and her talking. I asked her where my dad went a little later, she said he was still at work and hadn't been here.

This one's pretty freaky: When my mom was folding up towels in the bathroom in the same house, blood dripped from the ceiling, but neither her nor my dad could find a source of it.

There was an overwhelming sense of fear in this house at night (at least to me), mainly in my bedroom, the basement, and definitely the attic (like hardcore, you would feel like there was something up there with you. I'm getting chills right now just thinking about it.)

Toward the last few years in that house, my parents started arguing and fighting a lot, my dad changed a lot, and ultimately, they got divorced. Yet now, they still talk to each other and get along ok.

House #2, following the divorce...
I remember at least two specific incidents where I had dreamed something about a person I'd never met before, and ended up meeting them. Once, a child down the road where I lived, another time, a substitute gym teacher. Keep in mind, I was new to this town and wouldn't know these people.

House #3...
Unusually peaceful, except for a mildly uneasy feeling in the bathroom at night. And for some really bizzare reason, while typing this, I have this memory of walking either in or by and seeing an Asian woman by the sink, even though that most certainly never happened. Perhaps I'm crazy. :p I also have memories of hunting, even though I've never hunted before in my entire life. I don't really know what to make of that.

House #4, the house I live at now...
I once let my dog loose outside, tried to call her back later. She didn't come, so I went out to look for her. I could hear her barking, and eventually located her... in the car. Windows were up, doors were closed.

There was another time my dog was inside the house, I left the room for a few moments, came back, my dog was gone, and I eventually located her outside.

One night, much more recently, maybe a year ago if even that, I was sitting at my computer (which is on my interior back porch), I kept hearing noises coming in the general direction of the door (like a creeking sound), and kept seeing reflections in the monitor other than my own that would actually make me jump and get chills, and finally scared me to the point that I was driven out of the room in fear.

Even today, I often see shadows, movements, or reflections in my glasses that startle me. I've really only noticed this at my house and at my church when I'm alone there or with only a few friends. My mom seems to have been experiencing the same thing, except she didn't indicate it until much more recently (within the last couple months). There are actually times when I think I see a figure standing in a particular place in my house and actually jump or gasp. Although in those particular cases, it's usually just an object that's been strangely positioned. But it still seems to happen a lot.

I left out a number of stories I've simply tossed aside in my memory, but basically, I'm used to wierd stuff.
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2005-04-08, 10:04 PM #20
Quote:
Originally posted by DogSRoOL
Random cold spots (and often a strange inner chilling sensation) are believed to be places of demonic manifestation.

My fingers are often cold.
2005-04-08, 10:17 PM #21
*slaps forhead*

"Inner" as in your emotions or mindset or whatever you call it. :p

But perhaps your fingers are possessed. That's why you can't stop mast...*snip*

:o
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2005-04-08, 10:24 PM #22
-my- fingers are always cold except when i'm playing ;)
"NAILFACE" - spe
2005-04-08, 10:26 PM #23
I'm just flat out always cold.
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2005-04-08, 11:12 PM #24
Quote:

Even today, I often see shadows, movements, or reflections in my glasses that startle me. I've really only noticed this at my house and at my church when I'm alone there or with only a few friends. My mom seems to have been experiencing the same thing, except she didn't indicate it until much more recently (within the last couple months). There are actually times when I think I see a figure standing in a particular place in my house and actually jump or gasp. Although in those particular cases, it's usually just an object that's been strangely positioned. But it still seems to happen a lot.

I see them too sometimes, but just out of the corner of my eye and for no longer than a second or two.

I've heard of such things. People sometimes see black shadows that seem to have no apparent source and have a feeling of being watched.

info, plus some interesting stories:

http://www.pinn.net/~royaloak/shadowpeople.htm

These people may be making this up, or it may be true. You never know. I don't have enough evidence to make up my mind to believe one way or the other regarding things like this, so I prefer to keep an open mind.
2005-04-08, 11:39 PM #25
I love how people think psychic ability includes 'ghosts.'
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2005-04-08, 11:52 PM #26
I used to live in Antioch. There were definitely some creepy places there, but then again, I was young.
Warhead[97]
2005-04-09, 12:48 AM #27
Quote:
-Sullivan - Old Pea ridge Mine - 16 men died in the Pea Ridge Mine during it's 40 years of operation from 1961 to 2001. Why this place closed down is still unclear. 80% of the richest Iron Are deposit in North America is still under the ground at this location. It is like everyone just left the place for no reason. Strange sounds can be heard coming out of the mineshaft late at night. What did those miners uncover digging so deep in the earth. Was it a secret passage to hell?

"It is a balrog, a demon of the ancient world. This foe is beyond any of you........RUN!!!!"
2005-04-09, 4:21 AM #28
The bad part about stuff like this is even though it gets me looking over my back every minute I can't stop bloody reading.
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2005-04-09, 7:48 AM #29
There's something behind you RIGHT NOW!!!!
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2005-04-09, 9:40 AM #30
It's just a surfboard....FROM HELL!!
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
Devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say
2005-04-09, 11:01 AM #31
Quote:
Originally posted by Jedigreedo
The bad part about stuff like this is even though it gets me looking over my back every minute I can't stop bloody reading.

Even if it's not true, it's still entertaining, isn't it?
2005-04-09, 11:21 AM #32
Quote:
*slaps forhead*

"Inner" as in your emotions or mindset or whatever you call it. :p

But perhaps your fingers are possessed. That's why you can't stop mast...*snip*

:o

Does this count if we have alternate personalitys?
:p

I love reading haunted stuff, it's like a hobby for me.
Sad half the 'haunted' places are fake and can easily be explained.

↑ Up to the top!