Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Revenge of the Sith Soundtrack Discussion
Revenge of the Sith Soundtrack Discussion
2005-04-09, 5:03 AM #1
Well, here are a few select tracks. John Williams has, for the first time ever, brought tears to my eyes. This music is SO epic, and there are so many familiar yet new themes in here, it just rocks the boat so hard.

*snip*

I started a new thread for this because these aren't really spoilers.

[edit- distributing copywritten material like this is not allowed]
Completely Overrated Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Comple...59732330769611
A community dedicated to discussing all things entertainment.
2005-04-09, 5:48 AM #2
Well, it sounds as Star Warsy as usual, but I'd except a little more emotion from the end titles... wrapping up the atmosphere in the movie together and all. There wasn't even an excerpt of the Imperial March!

But still, good stuff.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-04-09, 6:05 AM #3
The movie is supposed to end on a high note. Williams is bringing all the good, light themes back.
Completely Overrated Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Comple...59732330769611
A community dedicated to discussing all things entertainment.
2005-04-09, 7:52 AM #4
Track 9 has some imperial march goodness.
2005-04-09, 8:15 AM #5
Quote:
Originally posted by Darth J
The movie is supposed to end on a high note.

What[/b]?

Anyway...eh. Seems to much like the first 2 soundtracks. I don't know; there seems to be some intangible feeling to the first 3 that these new ones just don't match.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-04-09, 8:43 AM #6
Quote:
Originally posted by Wolfy
What?

Anyway...eh. Seems to much like the first 2 soundtracks. I don't know; there seems to be some intangible feeling to the first 3 that these new ones just don't match. [/B]

Yeah, a high note, because there's a new hope (no pun intended) for the galaxy.

To me this soundtrack is a complete unique score (given how the movie is completely different than any other Star Wars film). If anything it reminds me of Harry Potter and Indiana Jones.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2005-04-09, 10:32 AM #7
The whole thing is up now:
*snip*
2005-04-09, 10:40 AM #8
Damn site doesn't work... stupid cheap host.
Xbox Live/PlayStation Network/Steam: tone217
http://twitter.com/ourmatetone
2005-04-09, 10:42 AM #9
Do you have AIM? (AlexanderLR86)
2005-04-09, 10:51 AM #10
erm... it just me.... or does it have a password now?
I can't wait for the day schools get the money they need, and the military has to hold bake sales to afford bombs.
2005-04-09, 10:51 AM #11
That seems... pretty darn illegal..
2005-04-09, 10:52 AM #12
Quote:
Originally posted by Admiral Zarn
erm... it just me.... or does it have a password now?

Its just you.
2005-04-09, 10:53 AM #13
er... .it was just number 9 that had the pass.....
I can't wait for the day schools get the money they need, and the military has to hold bake sales to afford bombs.
2005-04-09, 10:57 AM #14
Quote:
Originally posted by Rob
That seems... pretty darn illegal..

Wow. another thing Rob and I agree on.

Closing topic.
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.

↑ Up to the top!