Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → And the waiting begins...
And the waiting begins...
2005-04-09, 3:57 PM #1
http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Movies/04/06/starwars.fanatics.ap/index.html

But for what.. ? :p
That would be funny if it truely didn't open there, and they wasted all their time. (Well even if it was playinig, they would be wasting their time imo)
2005-04-09, 4:18 PM #2
Hehe, Idiots...

But seriously, 7 weeks to see a movie? I'm just gonna go see it at the place up the road on may 19th.
nope.
2005-04-09, 5:36 PM #3
Some people. :p
Pissed Off?
2005-04-09, 5:43 PM #4
MORTAL FOOLS
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-04-09, 5:46 PM #5
Hahaha. It's as if their logic is; "If I sit here maybe it'll magically some here."
2005-04-09, 5:50 PM #6
Isn't there some guy who's been sitting outside a theater waiting since like January? Or did he give up and go home?
Stuff
2005-04-09, 6:09 PM #7
I'll never understand the reasoning behind doing that.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2005-04-09, 7:45 PM #8
Me neither. Especially since Episode II, where I went to the theater on the second day, waited until the doors were opened, and just cut in front of the huge lineup of people waiting to get in... Screw common courtesy, I'm more important than them :p
Stuff
2005-04-09, 7:45 PM #9
Pretty much its just so you can tell your friends that you waited "in line" for two months to see a movie.
former entrepreneur
2005-04-09, 8:16 PM #10
30 year old men, waiting days, sometimes months, for just a taste of george lucas's table scraps.

;)
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2005-04-09, 8:26 PM #11
Quote:
Originally posted by Ruthven
30 year old men, waiting days, sometimes months, for just a taste of george lucas's table scraps.

;)

Those scraps, to them, are like young chinese daughters to you.
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2005-04-09, 8:36 PM #12
Hmm...they obviously don't have lives...spending 7 weeks in front of a movie theatre to see something for 2.5 hours, even though it might be just the greatest movie ever.
2005-04-09, 8:48 PM #13
Quote:
Originally posted by KOP_Snake
Those scraps, to them, are like young chinese daughters to you.

this chinese thing is getting out of hand :(
Code:
  do her}
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2005-04-09, 9:32 PM #14
Well, we know what you want to get your hand on.
2005-04-09, 9:41 PM #15
[http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2005/SHOWBIZ/Movies/04/06/starwars.fanatics.ap/story.swfans.jpg]
that guy on the right looks cool!
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2005-04-09, 9:42 PM #16
At first, I thought that person was a woman.
2005-04-09, 9:42 PM #17
dude thats a girl
Code:
  do her}
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2005-04-09, 9:43 PM #18
uh.
wow.

I thought that the long hair was a shadow.
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2005-04-09, 10:12 PM #19
Actually, I bet you just don't have enough contact with real girls.
2005-04-09, 10:27 PM #20
I dunno how many of you may have had this, but in my city, I took my girlfriend (who HATES star wars with a passion) to go see Episode II, to my surprise, I was literally the ONLY guy in the whole line with a girl. There were girls there, but they werent there with boyfriends, and vice versa.

I intend on making her go see Episode 3 this year the DAY it comes out. Advance tickets are so nice. :)
2005-04-09, 10:30 PM #21
^gee i wonder why
2005-04-09, 11:58 PM #22
ummm, why is it so important to get an early place in line, as long as you have a ticket, you will get into the film as no theater in their right mind would oversell for such a big movie, and does it really matter where you sit.

when we saw ep1 on opening night (for australia), we were on the right side of the theater and very close to the front row.
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%
2005-04-10, 12:58 AM #23
Back before Ep 1 came out, I waited in line for two hours to be the first to get tickets to the first showing @ 10am.
When Ep2 came around, I just waited till the tickets came on sale about a month before opening day, and bought my ticket for the first morning showing, again @ 10am.
This time is pretty much the same as with Ep 2, although I decided that since this was the last episode I would go to the midnight showing. I wonder how many other "fans" are going to be out at this time of night :D
"You want the truth?! You can't handle the truth!! No truth-handler you!! Bah!! I deride your truth-handling ability!!"
2005-04-10, 1:28 AM #24
What gets me... is how much they must SMELL when they finally get into the theatre...
2005-04-10, 2:52 AM #25
A few of my friends camped out for a week and got me and a few other friends tickets for TPM. Many wore costumes, others played music, and from what I understand, there's just an entire social aspect to the situation that is quite enjoyable. I can't really fathom what you folks don't grasp about it. If you have the time, why not? If I wasn't working two jobs and going to school, I'd probably be there myself.

Quote:
I dunno how many of you may have had this, but in my city, I took my girlfriend (who HATES star wars with a passion) to go see Episode II, to my surprise, I was literally the ONLY guy in the whole line with a girl. There were girls there, but they werent there with boyfriends, and vice versa.

I took my girlfriend to TPM and AotC, but noticed that there were a ton of other girls there, many with their boyfriends.

Quote:
ummm, why is it so important to get an early place in line, as long as you have a ticket, you will get into the film as no theater in their right mind would oversell for such a big movie, and does it really matter where you sit.

There are certain seats that offer superior viewing pleasure, and many serious movie-goers have a certain seat that they frequent. Do you not have a favorite seat/spot at home? I would think that most people do.

I think many of you are exagerating your opinions of these people to disguise your own geekyness.
2005-04-10, 3:04 AM #26
There is a fine line between being geeky, and being a waste of a human being.

Don't these people have JOBs?

I mean seriously, I want to know what kind of place lets their employee's take off 7 weeks, I'd like to work there.

I've NEVER been one to deny that I'm a geek, a nerd, or what have you.

For christ's sake, Freelancer and I talked for HOURS about Storm Trooper costumes.
2005-04-10, 7:07 AM #27
I just buy my tickets online then head down the the cinema just before the movie starts.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2005-04-10, 7:18 AM #28
Quote:
Originally posted by DeTRiTiC-iQ
I just buy my tickets online then head down the the cinema just before the movie starts.

Yeah me too... Already got 7 RotS tickets booked for the Saturday night after it is released. Got to choose the seats and everything.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2005-04-10, 2:46 PM #29
I think it's a given that it's not about buying tickets, unless they're of course waiting in line for a place that doesn't sell them online. Personally, I don't see what's not fun about dressing up like your favorite Star Wars character and camping out on the sidewalk with like-minded people. I buy my tickets online as well, but what's romantic about that? I dunno, it just sounds like fun to me.
2005-04-10, 3:03 PM #30
Well theres nothing wrong with doing it, but it shows that not only do you want to do that, but that are able to do it without having to go to work, or school, or something. So either you get a free pass because mommy and daddy are paying your way, or your normal life doesnt require you to be working and maintaining a steady income, unless your employers really allow you to take 7 weeks off, which I havent seen anywhere but maybe McDonalds and K-Mart.
2005-04-11, 6:39 PM #31
I wish I had seven weeks when all I had to worry about was buying tickets to a movie.
"There's nothing more annoying than being distracted from our own self-obsession by others," said Tom
-Bridget Jones, The Edge of Reason
2005-04-11, 7:01 PM #32
*Takes out dueling glove*
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
2005-04-11, 7:07 PM #33
Quote:
Originally posted by MentatMM
I think it's a given that it's not about buying tickets, unless they're of course waiting in line for a place that doesn't sell them online. Personally, I don't see what's not fun about dressing up like your favorite Star Wars character and camping out on the sidewalk with like-minded people. I buy my tickets online as well, but what's romantic about that? I dunno, it just sounds like fun to me.

You would actually dress up as a Star Wars character in public?

My entire family would disown me.
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2005-04-11, 11:32 PM #34
Quote:
Originally posted by drizzt2k2
You would actually dress up as a Star Wars character in public?

My entire family would disown me.

I'm working on my costume right now, to tell you the truth. I'm going to dress up as Boba Fett. I started repainting my helmet earlier.

For TPM, I skipped school and dressed up like Darth Maul. I had some pictures taken, but the film disappeared, or I'd post those too.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Thou shalt not weigh more than thy refrigerator.

Eat well, stay fit, die anyway.
2005-04-11, 11:39 PM #35
You killed it!
It looked so much better with the battle damage..
2005-04-11, 11:45 PM #36
I was listening to that story on KFI radio (AM 640 in L.A.). I laughed aloud when I heard this)
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2005-04-11, 11:46 PM #37
Quote:
Originally posted by Squirrel King
You killed it!
It looked so much better with the battle damage..

Agreed. Boba Fett's helmet should not look like it was just pressed from some helmet-pressing machine.
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2005-04-12, 12:10 AM #38
I painted my face like Darth Maul on Halloween of '99 when I went to school. The school colors happened to be red and black, so those who knew who I was said "hey Darth Maul, cool!" The other losers who didnt know said "Oh I get it, you're a school spirit fanatic! Nice paint job!"
2005-04-12, 5:38 AM #39
Quote:
Originally posted by Ric_Olie
Agreed. Boba Fett's helmet should not look like it was just pressed from some helmet-pressing machine.

And apparently the little WIP in the corner of the newly painted picture means nothing to you guys. I'm not done yet. It'll have battle damage, keep your pants on.

(that's not supposed to sound defensive if it does, more just stating the facts)
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Thou shalt not weigh more than thy refrigerator.

Eat well, stay fit, die anyway.
2005-04-12, 6:03 AM #40
I need to check when is the earliest date that I can purchase tickets from the local cinema.

I never went to a midnight showing for a movie before, but Ep3 will be my first time.

As many say, I can't believe that some have the time to hang out around a theater for weeks to get in . . . . They must be welfare recepients, hoboes, or people who have the cash to support such an adventure. Who else would have so much time?

↑ Up to the top!