Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Propel fitness water
Propel fitness water
2005-04-09, 4:14 PM #1
So I tried some of that new propel fitness water by gatorade and it r0x0rz. It's like the perfect drink. Just enough flavor. Not to mention it's good for you (i guess?)

Anyone else like this stuff?
2005-04-09, 4:31 PM #2
It's okay...gets old...but it's definitely a good alternative if you don't really like water.
D E A T H
2005-04-09, 4:47 PM #3
Never heard of it. How many calories does it have?
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2005-04-09, 4:56 PM #4
Bah, give me plain water anyday. The less additives, the better. Yay for reverse osmosis!
Stuff
2005-04-09, 5:16 PM #5
I tried the peach stuff, it was okay, tasted quite peachy, but very artificial. After the first few sips you realized how revolting it was.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2005-04-09, 5:19 PM #6
I used to really like it, but at the same time I started drinking it, I started getting headaches. I didn't put two & two together until months later. Anyway, it uses that Splenda crap for sweetener -- tons of side effects :(
2005-04-09, 5:22 PM #7
Splenda is just fructose I think, which is natural and also in many other beverages, like soda for example. You're thinking of aspertame, the artificial cancer causing stuff. No, not sodium saccharin, aspertame causes cancer too.
2005-04-09, 5:28 PM #8
Real water with a squeeze of citrus juice is all you need.
Pissed Off?
2005-04-09, 5:30 PM #9
Ahh, that uses asperthame? I thought that stuff was illegal. Holy crap, I'm staying the HELL away from it.
D E A T H
2005-04-09, 5:51 PM #10
Aspartame is legal in Canada, as far as I know.

*DJ Yoshi adds another point to his list of reasons that he's glad he doesn't live in Canada*
Stuff
2005-04-09, 5:52 PM #11
But then again.. what doesn't cause cancer these days?
2005-04-09, 5:55 PM #12
True, even water causes cancer. We know this because 100% of cancer cases occur in people who drink water.
Stuff
2005-04-09, 5:57 PM #13
Bah. I prefer the taste of diet pop.

If I'm going to die of cancer, the cause had better have caffiene in it.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2005-04-09, 6:11 PM #14
Quote:
Originally posted by kyle90
True, even water causes cancer. We know this because 100% of cancer cases occur in people who drink water.

No, no, no... It's paper! Paper and clothes!
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2005-04-09, 6:27 PM #15
Quote:
Originally posted by Dj Yoshi
Ahh, that uses asperthame? I thought that stuff was illegal. Holy crap, I'm staying the HELL away from it.

Illegal? It's in like 90% of sugar-free stuff.. Check the gum you chew almost all of them use aspartame.

And yeah, propel owns. Lemon especially. It's just way too expensive. It spikes quite nicely as well.
2005-04-09, 6:39 PM #16
I use to love the cherry stuff. Now I just drink Gatorade again.
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2005-04-09, 6:51 PM #17
You know, I read somewhere that stars give you cancer.
2005-04-09, 7:51 PM #18
I like milk. Milk is one of the best drinks ever. It is just as good as Propel.
Very funny Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.
2005-04-09, 7:53 PM #19
Quote:
Originally posted by Emon
Splenda is just fructose I think, which is natural and also in many other beverages, like soda for example. You're thinking of aspertame, the artificial cancer causing stuff. No, not sodium saccharin, aspertame causes cancer too.
Don't believe the crap that the SPLENDA web site tells you - there have been many reports of medical problems and studies and many reports from people on the stuff. Here is one report I dug up in about 2 minutes on google:
Quote:
Sucralose is produced by chlorinating sugar (sucrose). This involves chemically changing the structure of the sugar molecules by substituting three chlorine atoms for three hydroxyl groups.

Few human studies of safety have been published on sucralose. One small study of diabetic patients using the sweetener showed a statistically significant increase in glycosylated hemoglobin (Hba1C), which is a marker of long-term blood glucose levels and is used to assess glycemic control in diabetic patients. According to the FDA, "increases in glycosolation in hemoglobin imply lessening of control of diabetes.

Research in animals has shown that sucralose can cause many problems in rats, mice, and rabbits, such as:

Shrunken thymus glands (up to 40% shrinkage)
Enlarged liver and kidneys.
Atrophy of lymph follicles in the spleen and thymus
Increased cecal weight
Reduced growth rate
Decreased red blood cell count
Hyperplasia of the pelvis
Extension of the pregnancy period
Aborted pregnancy
Decreased fetal body weights and placental weights
Diarrhea
According to one source (Sucralose Toxicity Information Center), concerning the significant reduction in size of the thymus gland, "the manufacturer claimed that the sucralose was unpleasant for the rodents to eat in large doses and that starvation caused the shruken thymus glands.

[Toxicologist Judith] Bellin reviewed studies on rats starved under experimental conditions, and concluded that their growth rate could be reduced by as much as a third without the thymus losing a significant amount of weight (less than 7 percent). The changes were much more marked in rats fed on sucralose. While the animals' growth rate was reduced by between 7 and 20 percent, their thymuses shrank by as much as 40 percent. (New Scientist 23 Nov 1991, pg 13)"
A compound chemically related to sucrose, 6-chloro-deoxyglucose, is known to have anti-fertility and neurotoxic effects, although animal studies of sucralose have not shown these effects.

According to the FDA's "Final Rule" report, "Sucralose was weakly mutagenic in a mouse lymphoma mutation assay." The FDA aslo reported many other tests as having "inconclusive" results.
2005-04-09, 7:54 PM #20
http://www.snopes.com/toxins/aspartame.asp
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2005-04-09, 7:57 PM #21
Here's some more:

http://www.wnho.net/splenda.htm
http://www.deepdownwellness.com/althealth/splenda.html
http://www.mercola.com/fcgi/pf/2003/nov/8/splenda_dangers.htm
2005-04-09, 8:02 PM #22
Have any of you eaten dextrose before? It's in a lot of sugar substitutes, and tastes really freaking good, but the sugar substitutes almost always use just a pinch of it, then throw in a ton of gross stuff like aspartame or saccharin.

What I don't understand is why so many fake sugars include a real sugar. Dextrose is a simple carbohydrate, so by including it, they're lying if they say their product doesn't include sugar. Can't they just go all the way and have no real sugar at all in their product?

Also, Splenda has a horrible after-taste. I also don't care for the Propel flavors. I want the flavor to scream at me, not be subtle. I have been known to eat powdered lemonade mix and punch mix to fullful this need for intense flavor.

QM
2005-04-09, 9:20 PM #23
Vitamin water tastes better.

And I want to drink the lemonade by gatorade. I'm such a lemonade/iced tea whore. Two best drinks in the world.
一个大西瓜
2005-04-09, 9:24 PM #24
Hmm, you're right Brian, I wasn't aware it was sucralose, I thought it was just plain fructose. But not that I think about it, they do say "Tastes like sugar because it's made from sugar"...sucralose. Yeah.

Oh, and that Snopes article on aspartame and cancer, I never said it caused epidemics or anything, but if I recall, there are some studies of it causing cancer, but it depends on what else you have in your stomach at the same time or something...Anyways, it's all nasty substitute stuff. I can't understand how anyone can like ANY diet soda, it's awful.
2005-04-09, 9:25 PM #25
Quote:
Originally posted by Raoul Duke
So I tried some of that new propel fitness water by gatorade and it r0x0rz. It's like the perfect drink. Just enough flavor. Not to mention it's good for you (i guess?)

Anyone else like this stuff?

I love it too.
2005-04-09, 11:11 PM #26
More like Propel Fatness Water.
Right, guys?
:master::master::master:
2005-04-10, 4:33 AM #27
Quote:
Originally posted by stat
More like Propel Fatness Water.
Right, guys?

Go back to your linux, you silly man.