Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I need help choosing a new PS2 game.
I need help choosing a new PS2 game.
2005-04-10, 2:18 PM #1
I have beaten all the games I own at least twice for my PS2, and looking for something new. As well, I have broken my arm allowing me to only do things indoors (such as hang at Massassi and play PS2). I want a game that will take a while to beat, and doesn't get boring. Also, a game that makes you really get into it (as in sitting on the edge of your seat). That could also apply to the storyline (deep and involving). I'm into pretty much any type of genre. Oh, and I'm not allowed to buy M-rated games.

Any suggestions?
Very funny Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.
2005-04-10, 2:31 PM #2
katamari damacy (or however it's spelled) it's a bit bright an colorful and a bit on the odd side... but it's very addictive...
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2005-04-10, 2:32 PM #3
Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal

That game will keep you busy for a while
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2005-04-10, 2:33 PM #4
Would I be missing anything if I haven't played the other Ratchet and Clanks?
Very funny Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.
2005-04-10, 2:34 PM #5
No, not at all.

All have their own very basic plots. The only thing that kind of carries over is the story of Captain Quark, but you'll figure it out.
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2005-04-10, 3:47 PM #6
Quote:
Originally posted by Final_Hope__
Would I be missing anything if I haven't played the other Ratchet and Clanks?

Get teh first two. They're fun as hell and they're Greatest Hits ($20 each) and get Up Your Arsenal too. They all rock.
Pissed Off?
2005-04-10, 4:10 PM #7
I can't remember if it's rated M or not (Probably is...) but Psi Ops is amazing. Short game, but has a TON of unlockables, and it never gets boring. I mean, so many ways to kill those poor meat puppets... Sigh.

Tribes: Arial Assult and XIII are really good too.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2005-04-10, 5:34 PM #8
Kingdom Hearts (Only $20)
2005-04-10, 5:35 PM #9
Just checked, and yes, Psi Ops is rated M. I didn't even have to look at the rating. Try to get it anyways though.

The way I found out: I used my telekenetic abilities to smash a guard into a wall headfirst, which left a mark on the wall. I then turned on a fan whiched sucked up more MPs, and they kind of got... ground up. Yummy. There's also some swearing I think, but I can't remember.

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2005-04-10, 5:41 PM #10
My favorite thing to do was throw them into each other, then throw a grenade in the pile of guys.
2005-04-10, 5:55 PM #11
Favorite thing for me, was to use that fancy shmancy L2 thing where you could aim/shoot with something TKed. Fly around like god on a sheet of metal and fire at the puny mortals below.

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2005-04-11, 8:41 AM #12
FFX, complete everything possible.
2005-04-11, 8:45 AM #13
Gran Turismo 4. Err... It's got a great plot :o
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2005-04-11, 9:00 AM #14
A GTA, if you don't have any of them
nope.
2005-04-11, 9:13 AM #15
Deus Ex
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2005-04-11, 9:49 AM #16
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Stafford
FFX, complete everything possible.

or MGS2 or 3.
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2005-04-11, 10:02 AM #17
Although they are kinda short unless you try to get EVERYTHING!
nope.
2005-04-11, 10:22 AM #18
Soul Reaver 2 OR Legacy of Kain : Defiance

they are both rated T and they are kinda cheap.. (cause people are stupid)
||||||||||||||||||||
2005-04-11, 10:29 AM #19
Quote:
Originally posted by Schming
or MGS2 or 3.

completing everything possible in FFX requires a LONG time, my friend has nearly 200 hours and he hasn't done everything, although beating the most powerful flan creature in the arena 30 times for Magic Spheres is highly tedious.

↑ Up to the top!