Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Ban Lists Cleared - Discussion
Ban Lists Cleared - Discussion
2003-12-12, 8:25 PM #1
Myself, im not too sure about this. The people on those lists were idiots (mostly), and i dont think they will be nice and cool just because Brian freed them.

Plus, most of them already forgot about Massassi.

------------------
"Hass, alkoss, gyarapíts: s a haza fényre derûl!"

-Kölcsey Ferenc
2003-12-12, 8:55 PM #2
Are we talking chat or forum?

------------------
Duel Zero key count: Zero! Down to guns and forces. Expect a release soon.
2003-12-12, 8:56 PM #3
Well, if most of them forgot about Massassi, we shouldn't worry about them coming back. However, the ones that DO remember will prove to be a problem though. Hopefully they learned their lesson last time and won't dare to get themselves banned again.

-- SavageX

------------------
"...and if you don't like that, then you need to be slugged in the face repeatedly, until my hands are soaked in blood. Have a nice day!"
http://www.savagex.net
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2003-12-12, 9:44 PM #4
Pugler, probably...

------------------
<landfish> FastGamerr > Satan
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2003-12-12, 9:58 PM #5
I have faith in the admins' ability to recognizy idoicy and put an end to it. If any of the banned people come back and start acting like asses, they'll be quickly banned again.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2003-12-12, 11:13 PM #6
Yea what avengar said, I dont think theres much to worry about.

------------------
Rock n' Roll
2003-12-12, 11:45 PM #7
Really, I wouldn't stress about it. If anyone acts up, back on the list they go.

------------------
Cantina Cloud | BCF | The Massassian & A Very Massassian Xmas
Corrupting the kiddies since '97
2003-12-13, 2:32 AM #8
FOREVER.

------------------
Frightening the very small and very old since 1952.
Frightening the very small and very old since 1952.
2003-12-13, 2:44 AM #9
I think it's a good thing.

Let's be honest, a few people were banned for pretty dumb reasons, like getting into a heated arguement, and being banned because an admin or moderator got into it, and if it were a regular member it would've gone unnoticed.

But now since everyone is unbanned, those members can come back, and we can just weed through the idiots. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
To think that once I could not see beyond the veil of reality, to see those who dwell behind. I was once a fool.
2003-12-13, 2:53 AM #10
BIG CHIEF GHORG UNBANNED!!1111111

BRING GHORG SQUAWS AND FIRE-WATER!!!11

edit- hello, by the way

[This message has been edited by GHORG (edited December 13, 2003).]
2003-12-13, 3:18 AM #11
And some of them just deliberately tried to annoy people.

------------------
June 16 - A night to remember
Ex-Council of 14

Miken
"The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off everything and let the problem solve itself?"
2003-12-13, 3:33 AM #12
Well maybe they'll get it right this time. The Admins tend to be biased toward some people.
2003-12-13, 3:45 AM #13
I didn't know people could check the banned list? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/confused.gif]
[opps it said on the main page]

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)
---@%

[This message has been edited by Echoman (edited December 13, 2003).]
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2003-12-13, 3:55 AM #14
hahah i'm back...er i never went anywhere..

------------------
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">whenever any form of government becomes destructive to securing the rights of the governed, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it</font>

---Thomas jefferson, Declaration of Independance.
whenever any form of government becomes destructive to securing the rights of the governed, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it
---Thomas jefferson, Declaration of Independance.
2003-12-13, 4:19 AM #15
Yay.

------------------
If your gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.
If your gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.
2003-12-13, 4:25 AM #16
Where's BlackPanther?

------------------
Eat the pudding.
2003-12-13, 4:47 AM #17
Hey, everyone. I'm back. Sorry if I caused any trouble - my little brother somehow got ahold of my account password. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------
"LC Tusken: the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot"
Jack Chick preaches it
NMGOH
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2003-12-13, 5:17 AM #18
I kept telling Brian that we shouldn't unban YOU, Wolfy...
2003-12-13, 5:20 AM #19
Does this mean that Morat can come back?

------------------
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
OSC Returns!!
10 of 14
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2003-12-13, 5:50 AM #20
I think its a good thing because it gives people like me a chance to come back and prove that I've grown up.
2003-12-13, 5:53 AM #21
Chat too? Cuz i was banned from the chat for reasons that were pretty dumb IMO but since that doesnt matter, i wanna know if i can chat again?

------------------
"Ahhhh!! I'm Burnin'! I'm Burnin!!!" - Cleaner from Max Payne 2
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2003-12-13, 6:03 AM #22
Where's Overglow?
"Your entire base belongs to us."
"It would be highly appreciated if someone would set the bomb up for us"
"Launch all of our ships, christened 'Zigs', to insure that justice will be achieved swiftly and powerfully."
2003-12-13, 6:15 AM #23
Excellent, now my minions of banned nicks will come back from that grave!!

Can't wait til Darth Cantelope comes back.

------------------
1 of 14 - The Coucil still lives
6-16 Never Forget.
Click.
1 of 14 | 6-16 Never Forget. | Click.
2003-12-13, 6:32 AM #24
Wow I'm back

------------------
[L0rD]ArCh0n has graced this topic with his presence... You should be honored.
...?
2003-12-13, 6:34 AM #25
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kak:
I kept telling Brian that we shouldn't unban YOU, Wolfy... </font>

<3 kak

------------------
"LC Tusken: the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot"
Jack Chick preaches it
NMGOH
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2003-12-13, 7:13 AM #26
I gave up on giving people second chances after cetain incidents pertaining to TMU. If its something as trivial as an internet forum, then if you're banned, you are banned.

There's always lucasforums for Jedi Knight discussion, which most people here dont even come for. They come for the community, and there are thousands of of communities that they can spoil their other chances on. People who cant get it right after they have been gven a warning and know what they are doing is wrong (or dont know, but are too ignorant to see past the desicions they make) don't deserve second chances on the internet. Sure ive done some dumb things in the past, but that was before this whole "dont give people 2nd chances" thought came into my head. Once you start running your own forums... you tend to stop doing ban-worthy things on other forums. You see how much of a pain in the *** it is for the admins.

But thats just my opinion...

------------------
There are two asses in Massassi... and I'm one of them.
The Matrix Unplugged|The Valley of the Jedi Tower|Smaug's Lair
2003-12-13, 7:24 AM #27
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ArCh0n:
Wow I'm back

</font>

Yay! Welcome back.

I personally think this is a good thing. To forgive is divine... Alot of times, the only way some people will learn is if they are banned for a while. And quite a few people who were banned have lots of stuff to contribute to the community. If a no 2nd chances policy had always been implemented here, I bet most of us (including myself) wouldnt be here anymore, because we'd been banned for one reason or another.

------------------
You underestimate the power of the Dark Side...

DSettahr's Homepage
2003-12-13, 7:27 AM #28
Actually, if you waited a while, then e-mailed an apology to an admin, they would unban you (unless you were banned for something really bad)

------------------
1 of 14 - The Coucil still lives
6-16 Never Forget.
Click.
1 of 14 | 6-16 Never Forget. | Click.
2003-12-13, 7:36 AM #29
Like leeching bandwidth from a website with a bad attitude, like SA for example.

Hey guys, how about we unban the forum of Juztyn? I promise to go postal and kill everybody if it starts turning into a secret society again...

------------------
Shut up. I'm GOING to do this whether you like it or not.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2003-12-13, 7:37 AM #30
I'm proud that i've never been banned from any online forum or chat room.

(Actually, I got banned from the zone once for a week, but I cant remember what for, and it's only the zone so it doesn't count [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif])

------------------
WARNING: THIS POST MAY CONTAIN TRACES OF PEANUT!!!
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2003-12-13, 8:20 AM #31
Only from #massassi....

..for 10 minutes. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
Map-Review | Digital Core | The Matrix: Unplugged

Farewell, MaDaVentor. In our hearts, you'll always live on.
2003-12-13, 8:32 AM #32
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mikus:
And some of them just deliberately tried to annoy people.

</font>

Oh, the irony is killing me [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2003-12-13, 8:51 AM #33
So, after two years of ocassional requests to be unbanned (I don't even remember what happened anymore), I'm unbanned by default?

That's, well, sad.

------------------
GET IN THE JAIL
Bahamut Infinite
"Why did all the dinosaurs have to die?"
"Because you touch yourself at night."
2003-12-13, 8:53 AM #34
generally speaking, if the words "I'm sorry" weren't attached to the request, you didn't get that request honoured.

------------------
1337Yectiwan
OSC Returns!!
10 of 14
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2003-12-13, 8:59 AM #35
Ha Been here 5 years and never been banned once! Got close couple of times, said some stuff about illegal immigrants 2 years ago, got me in trouble. But you canny ban the great and omnipotently arrogant aaron!!
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2003-12-13, 8:59 AM #36
What a greeting. I missed you too.

Just to shed light, so as to not get blatantly bashed again due to assumption, I never so much as received a response. It's not that I was denied, it's that whatever I did must have been so henious, it didn't even warrant a response.

...unless it went somewhere else. Then blujay probably has 50+ "I'm sorry" emails in some far-off account.

------------------
2003-12-13, 10:29 AM #37
I'd like to welcome those returning to the community. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]
2003-12-13, 10:33 AM #38
I think they did it because the Admins were running out of things to do. What better time-killer than to reban all the people?

There are some people I do hope return, and some I really don't ever want to see again.

------------------
"The future is not determined by a throw of the dice, but is determined by the conscious decisions of you and me."
I am addicted to ellipses!!! AHHH!!! ...
2003-12-13, 10:35 AM #39
Yes, welcome. The leadership has again changed and we're starting from a clean slate. If you can't forgive blujay for something you feel he did, probably here isn't the best place for it. I don't know your history so I'm not going to comment about it. Frankly, I generally agree with blujay so you don't want me to go into our ban tracking area and look you up [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]
2003-12-13, 10:45 AM #40
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Cool Matty:
I think they did it because the Admins were running out of things to do. What better time-killer than to reban all the people?

There are some people I do hope return, and some I really don't ever want to see again.

</font>

I was under the impression the reason was to honor MaDa by forgiving, since MaDa was always quick to forgive in life. That's just my impression, though.

↑ Up to the top!