Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Resurrection of Evil
Resurrection of Evil
2005-04-11, 1:53 AM #1
So far... I hate it, even more than Doom3.

The gravity gun is just plain unfun to use. It can't hold objects indefinately, and whenever you grab something you can't see anything because of the blinding blue cloud of vision distorting crappyness.

If you grab a demon's fireball it kills them in one hit.

I've gotten passed the first boss... which is only on the second level.

So far it's been pretty lame.

Sooo..... anyone else have any thoughts?
2005-04-11, 3:47 AM #2
I think it's fun, and I'm glad they changed a lot of things. The whole 'spawning right in front of you' bit doesn't happen NEARLY as often. The double-barrelled shotgun is so damn sexy. And the new imps are harder than the first one (the ones that attack faster and the disappearing one). The gravity gun isn't as fun as HL2's to use, but it's alright--I like how you can grab spiders and floating head demons and chuck them at people :D.

Good expansion pack, IMO. I want to see what CTF is like though.
D E A T H
2005-04-11, 4:35 AM #3
I think it is a lot of fun. The double-barrel shotgun is very awesome and I love the big boom it gives(it can even kill a revenant at close range with one shot!). The grav-gun may not be very good but it is very handy and it gives me another option besides dodging fireballs. The new enemies are intersting(they brought back the true souless ones!) but the Bruiser looks very strange where is his mouth is and the new boss hunters were very unique on how you defeated them.

All in all, it is definitly a lot of fun.
No sig.
2005-04-11, 5:00 PM #4
The new soulless ones are the pwns.
D E A T H
2005-04-11, 5:02 PM #5
so, is it worth getting?

some screenies of the new features would be nice.
2005-04-11, 5:09 PM #6
My brother beat RoE in around 7 hours. He said it was good, but it wasn't worth $35.00
Think while it's still legal.
2005-04-11, 5:11 PM #7
On release date, I could've gotten it and the original for 40$ CAN, but I didn't have the cash at the time. I really could use my own copy of the game :x
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2005-04-11, 5:21 PM #8
As an expansion, I would say it's not worth 35...but then again, I haven't tried the online. They added CTF, which is what made Q3 really explode...so I dunno.
D E A T H
2005-04-11, 6:00 PM #9
Yoshi, everything in Quake 3 explodes, about 300 times each minute. That is what made Quake 3 explode.
>>untie shoes
2005-04-11, 6:32 PM #10
Quote:
Originally posted by Bill
Yoshi, everything in Quake 3 explodes, about 300 times each minute. That is what made Quake 3 explode.

This man speaks knowledge.

I'm honestly surprized they didn't add vehicles and a sexy female character. ;)
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2005-04-12, 12:57 PM #11
What are these "true soulless" things?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-04-12, 3:31 PM #12
Quote:
Originally posted by Sol
This man speaks knowledge.

I'm honestly surprized they didn't add vehicles and a sexy female character. ;)

Well, there is an unofficial vehicles mod. Tried using it and it said something about erronneus .dll's.

And Echo--the original floating head demons, the ones that were skulls with horns, instead of the new ones they put in Doom 3.
D E A T H

↑ Up to the top!