Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Post your summer jobs!
Post your summer jobs!
2005-04-11, 5:38 AM #1
I just applied for three positions at La Ronde (huge theme park in montreal, I believe it's owned by six flags nowadays)

Don't know if I'll get them though. :/
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2005-04-11, 5:44 AM #2
i work at Nestle R&D during the summer. my dad works there and they let college kids work there on break.
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2005-04-11, 5:51 AM #3
Nestle R&D, I wanna work at like... Budweiser r&D

I'm going to be doing a internship with a civil engineering firm up here in NYC.
Kenya, Now with lions and tigers.
2005-04-11, 6:12 AM #4
I'll be working at the Aluminerie Alouette aluminium plant, changing anodes in the electrolysis halls.

Yay for 60 degrees Celcius room temperature and my face over liquid aluminium at 960 degrees Celcius. :(
2005-04-11, 6:31 AM #5
Going to apply at the hospital. If they don't hire me then I'll volunteer...either way, I'm going to be at the hospital for that ever-so desirable experience. (The nursing school is hard to get into over here, and they like people to have hospital experience.)

If none of that works out, there's always the new Walmart that opened up...
"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."
2005-04-11, 7:24 AM #6
Quote:
Originally posted by quesadilla_red
Going to apply at the hospital. If they don't hire me then I'll volunteer...either way, I'm going to be at the hospital for that ever-so desirable experience.

You could just injure yourself and spend the 'experience' watching TV in one of those remote-control tilty beds.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2005-04-11, 7:47 AM #7
Quote:
Originally posted by Spork
You could just injure yourself and spend the 'experience' watching TV in one of those remote-control tilty beds.

Hm....>_>
"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."
2005-04-11, 8:22 AM #8
Apparently I'm going to be working for the school board; doing websites and tutoring students and stuff. This is greatly desirable compared to last year's job: quality checker in a dipstick tube factory (no, really. That's what I did. It was boring as hell.)
Stuff
2005-04-11, 8:23 AM #9
I've never had a summer job
nope.
2005-04-11, 8:50 AM #10
Outdoor Cafe Supervisor.
I sit around and boss people around, whom are doing alot more work than me, and getting paid a couple less bucks per hour.
This is at a vacation resort, so I'm usually outside on the deck mingling with the hot out of state chicks. Then when I see my boss' car drive by, make a quick dash in the back door and pretend to be working.
2005-04-11, 8:50 AM #11
I'm currently doing a web design internship at my college, and working full-time at a distribution center for a well-known retail establishment. I'm currently in talks with a staffing agency that is aggresively trying to get me a job as a desktop support technician for a large corporation that calls me city home. If that doesn't work out, I'll just stick with the job that I already have. I'm also hoping to volunteer at a local arboretum/research forest in my free time.
2005-04-11, 11:40 AM #12
I've got a six week placement in a Materials Science Laboratory at Daresbury Laboratories- a huge goverment-sponsored research complex out near Warrington. Not only is it 6 weeks work experience relevent to the course I want to do at university, but I also get paid!
Massassi's Official Chatroom: irc.synirc.com #massassi
2005-04-11, 11:47 AM #13
I have a month long house sitting gig lined up and I'll probably be a manager at my house for the summer for rent comp. Might try to pick up a part time gig and a store down the street too.
Pissed Off?
2005-04-11, 12:02 PM #14
I'll be a camp counsellor here. No Massassi :(
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2005-04-11, 12:03 PM #15
whats a job
2005-04-11, 12:24 PM #16
I'm going to be a cashier at the local Cracker Barrel.
2005-04-11, 12:28 PM #17
Quote:
Originally posted by money•bie
whats a job
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2005-04-11, 1:29 PM #18
I'm probably working for my dad in a Networking/Programming company.

Upside: Easy hours, get to work with computers and setting up networks and programming.

Downside: He wants me to learn VB.Net...
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2005-04-11, 3:39 PM #19
I'm not doing any summer jobs specifically, though I've applied for a part time job at Staples. Gotta fund me an automobile.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2005-04-11, 3:53 PM #20
Well, I'm still working in a grocery store, but I just got another job at ETCO, basically a factory job. Plus, my dad and I have about twenty yards to mow this year. Needless to say, I'm going to be pretty busy.
2005-04-11, 4:10 PM #21
I work on a fuel barge, long hours, but great pay. meet good people, out on the water all day.
2005-04-11, 4:46 PM #22
Taco Bell.
Sigh.
2005-04-11, 4:57 PM #23
I'll be at home all summer with a couple hundred bucks for spending $$, so I don't think I'll be getting a job. By home, I mean back in KS. That's right, Stormie, I'll be seeing you this summer ;)
D E A T H
2005-04-11, 4:59 PM #24
Quote:
Originally posted by Dj Yoshi
I'll be at home all summer with a couple hundred bucks for spending $$, so I don't think I'll be getting a job. By home, I mean back in KS. That's right, Stormie, I'll be seeing you this summer ;)

Spoiled rotten kid. :(

I'll be making $9500 while you sit on your lazy butt. :p
2005-04-11, 5:01 PM #25
A couple hundred bucks... for three.. months?!
Impressive.. I bomb way more than a couple hundred PER month. I'll be spending at least a grand this summer..
2005-04-11, 5:05 PM #26
I'm a merchandiser.

I also sell drugs in the park. :p
2005-04-11, 5:21 PM #27
Quote:
Originally posted by Shintock

Eep, where do YOU work?
9500 for three months is a damn good pay..
2005-04-11, 5:23 PM #28
I might go around emailing webmasters of badly designed sites and offer to do new ones in exchange for money.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2005-04-11, 5:23 PM #29
Quote:
Originally posted by Squirrel King
Eep, where do YOU work?
9500 for three months is a damn good pay..

Quote:
I'll be working at the Aluminerie Alouette aluminium plant, changing anodes in the electrolysis halls.

Yay for 60 degrees Celcius room temperature and my face over liquid aluminium at 960 degrees Celcius. :(

:p

I get paid $15,06 / h, but get overtime every three weeks (at $22,59 / h), night-shift bonus of $0,90 / h and the Sunday bonus of $3 / h.
2005-04-11, 5:31 PM #30
Quote:

No a couple hundred for one month, which isn't too bad, considering I'll already have room and board taken care of. And trust me, after I get my visit back home done, I won't be sitting on my lazy butt, I'll be working my *** off.
D E A T H
2005-04-11, 5:39 PM #31
I get paid £15/hour.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2005-04-11, 5:40 PM #32
I wish I was old enough to get a job.
:(
2005-04-11, 5:41 PM #33
Working at a Pulp Mill, doing something...not sure what.

Anyways, that's the plan.
In Pride,
--Hinch
I had a disclaimer here, but the man said it was too long.
2005-04-11, 5:50 PM #34
Quote:
:p

I get paid $15,06 / h, but get overtime every three weeks (at $22,59 / h), night-shift bonus of $0,90 / h and the Sunday bonus of $3 / h.

Sweet.
2005-04-11, 6:02 PM #35
I'm looking to get into Geek Squad at our local Best Buy now. If not, then I'll try Wal-Mart.

Otherwise, I'll be freelancing my Maya skills to any contractors that interest me at gamesutra.com.
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2005-04-11, 6:58 PM #36
Work for a fat helpless guy, teach little kids how to swim, and.... uh thats about it:( :p :o
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
2005-04-11, 7:03 PM #37
I'm currently working at Hallmark, but my last day there is tomorrow. Then I'll be working at a store called Avenue starting Thursday, along with a pizza place, starting Saturday. Longest. Week. Ever.
"There's nothing more annoying than being distracted from our own self-obsession by others," said Tom
-Bridget Jones, The Edge of Reason
2005-04-11, 7:13 PM #38
Quote:
Originally posted by Ric_Olie
If not, then I'll try Wal-Mart.

seriously, dude, don't work at walmart. They treat their employees like s***. You could do better.
2005-04-11, 8:08 PM #39
I spent one summer working at Kingston Technologies. I assembled PCs all day. I think my record was 10 in one day.

Spent another summer at Digital Theater Systems (DTS). I pretty much sat in a mini home theater measuring frequency responses of yet to be released DVD players and audio amplifiers. The only fun part was during the DVD audio decoding tests. It was basically movie time at that point.
2005-04-11, 8:32 PM #40
Quote:
Originally posted by Dj Yoshi
Exactly where in Kansas will you be? I still think a KS Massassian get-together is in order.

↑ Up to the top!