Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Cold fear
Cold fear
2005-04-11, 6:27 PM #1
I just heard about this game today, and I was wondering if anyone has heard anything about it.

http://www.coldfeargame.com/us/

it's a horror-type game published by ubisoft, and it seems very promising from the screenshots I've seen on the official site. It came out in March, so i'm surprised that no one here has mentioned anything about it yet. I'm going to get this one as soon as I can get some money together.

the graphics seem good, the site has nothing that I could find about system requirements.
2005-04-11, 6:36 PM #2
THIS GAME IS RATED M FOR MATURE WHICH ACCORDING TO MY GIRLFRIEND I AM NOT

>.>
2005-04-11, 6:45 PM #3
The environment thing is good, although I hate the RE type over the shoulder approach.
2005-04-11, 6:46 PM #4
At first, I was like "WTF, they made Ghost Ship into a video game", but then I was like "Ooooooh cool, zombies." This actually looks pretty neat.
Stuff
2005-04-12, 4:55 PM #5
The review scores aren't that good....
2005-04-12, 5:05 PM #6
if they would release a demo i would be happy
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2005-04-12, 5:07 PM #7
I got a chance to play it (Xbox), and it is good, but not as good as I thought it would be. the targeting system needs some work and it is awkward. The visuals are good for a console game (although it is a far cry from HL2) despite the fact that it uses renderware. I also heard the pc version is a straight port, with no extra modifications to take advantage of superior pc hardware. I'm still going to get this (PC version, not X-box) , but i'll wait for the bargain rack.
2005-04-12, 5:23 PM #8
I saw this game at my local cheapo-depot-type-of-store for $3.99.
Think while it's still legal.
2005-04-12, 5:43 PM #9
Quote:
Originally posted by Thrawn42689
THIS GAME IS RATED M FOR MATURE WHICH ACCORDING TO MY GIRLFRIEND I AM NOT

>.>

LOL

I also heard the game isn't that good.
Very funny Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.
2005-04-12, 6:05 PM #10
Quote:
Originally posted by SAJN_Master
I saw this game at my local cheapo-depot-type-of-store for $3.99.

no... you saw Cold Zero
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2005-04-12, 6:25 PM #11
Gee, I've never seen a game like this before. :rolleyes:

Seriously, this could be the flagship game for all generic shoot 'em ups.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009

↑ Up to the top!