Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → UK downloads added to charts
UK downloads added to charts
2005-04-12, 2:46 AM #1
Ok, so this might not be breaking news, but it will help to re-represent decent music in the charts, and slow down the amount of inane pop crap that works its way into the spotlight.

BBC.co.uk Article here

To simplify it (too much probably), young girls buy (often pop/crap), and slightly older boys tend to download. So girly dominance is at an end.

I wasn't sure if this was music, tech, or discussion, so I bunged it here. Admins, feel free to shift it if you think it'll be better served in one of the other two.
2005-04-12, 4:22 AM #2
Interesting, but I doubt it accounts for P2P. More those pay-per-download sites.
Xbox Live/PlayStation Network/Steam: tone217
http://twitter.com/ourmatetone
2005-04-12, 4:30 AM #3
Then it's time to start the campaign. I'm going to find a nice power metal song available for download and send the word out. The internet is a powerful tool if used for good.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2005-04-12, 8:36 AM #4
If there's less pop in the chart i might start listening on a sunday night.
nope.
2005-04-12, 8:41 AM #5
Quote:
Originally posted by DeTRiTiC-iQ
Then it's time to start the campaign. I'm going to find a nice power metal song available for download and send the word out. The internet is a powerful tool if used for good.

Yes! I had this exact thought. :D

I would certainly buy it a few times. Image, Sonata Arctica or something at number 1. :O
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2005-04-12, 8:45 AM #6
All you have to do is get The Cage or My Selene into the UK charts and the popularity of power metal will skyrocket.
Flickr Twitter
2005-04-12, 9:03 AM #7
It seems that Napster has some DragonForce. So the first campaign will be to get a DragonForce track into the charts.

The plan will be to designate a week in which to make the purchase, then spread the word as much as possible. Everyone will then buy the track in that week. Total cost to each person, about less than £1.
Flickr Twitter
2005-04-12, 9:17 AM #8
A thought: It's a singles chart. Are they only counting downloads of songs which have been released as singles?
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2005-04-12, 9:21 AM #9
Not entirely sure.
Flickr Twitter