Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Foreign Exchange and highschool credits?
Foreign Exchange and highschool credits?
2005-04-12, 6:47 PM #1
Howdy. I can't seem to find out online, and so I'm coming here. Within the next few years I'm hoping to go to Japan as a foreign exchange student. The only thing keeping me back is that my dad says I probably won't earn any highschool credits since I'm not fluent in the language. He has a really good point, and I can't understand how I would be able to earn credits (or pass) in a class of a language I don't completely understand.

Does anyone know? Post your thoughts, comments, etc. (Although some sort of direct answer would be nice.)
2005-04-12, 6:58 PM #2
He's got a point. If you want any hope of getting credits, spend the time you have now studying the language.

Even then though, if Japanese exams are anything like French exams, they'll always find the most complicated way possible to phrase the most simplistic of questions.
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2005-04-12, 7:16 PM #3
I knew a girl (American, English-native-speaker) who went to Spain and studied French.

As for credits and whatnot - uh, yeah. You can't get credit for a class you don't pass, and I can't imagine it's easy to pass a class if the teacher is speaking a language you don't know.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-04-12, 8:00 PM #4
Quote:
Originally posted by Axis
Within the next few years

Start learning Japanese...
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2005-04-12, 11:01 PM #5
Umm if you go as a part of a Study Abroad program, you learn at an international school where you are taught in both english and japanese, and concurrently rigorously being drilled japanese so that it becomes astonishingly fluent for the time you've learned it in a matter of months
一个大西瓜
2005-04-13, 1:21 AM #6
Admit it.

You want to go to Japan so you can finally be taller than everyone else.
2005-04-13, 6:55 AM #7
Pommy, you sound like you know for sure. Do you have experience, or some sort of evidence to back up what you've said (that I can show my dad). Your idea makes sense, and could mean good news for me.

↑ Up to the top!