Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Calling all Brits
Calling all Brits
2005-04-13, 4:18 PM #1
I need to know the number of cars in your near vicinity (ie on your property and maybe nearby), that have the petrol caps on the Left (Passenger Side) and Right (Driver Side).

If you've already given me results, don't bother doing it again here.

Results in format of:

Left: 3
Right: 2

No, i'm not doing this for fun.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2005-04-13, 7:06 PM #2
You guys drive on the left side of the road, right? Therefore most of your caps should be on the curb side, the left, unless I am mistaken.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2005-04-13, 7:12 PM #3
Left: 7
Right: 3

Glad to be of service.
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2005-04-13, 7:14 PM #4
Two cars in our driveway, my cap's on the right, his Acura's cap is on the left.

[edit] Oh wait, this is for Brits. hehehe :o
2005-04-13, 7:36 PM #5
Quote:
Originally posted by Spork
You guys drive on the left side of the road, right? Therefore most of your caps should be on the curb side, the left, unless I am mistaken.

Petrol pumps can be used from either side. So it makes no real difference. Apparantly the difference is mostly down to European vs Japanese cars.
Flickr Twitter
2005-04-13, 7:41 PM #6
Gas caps are traditionally on the side of the car opposite the tail pipe.

Um, this is in the US, but 4 cars all caps are on the left/driver's side.
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2005-04-13, 7:53 PM #7
Quote:
Originally posted by DeTRiTiC-iQ
Petrol pumps can be used from either side. So it makes no real difference. Apparantly the difference is mostly down to European vs Japanese cars.

I thought it was do to with the opposite side that you drive the car from. ie, the curb side of a vehicle's home country is traditionally where the fuel cap is.

Of course you Brits drive on the other side of the road from the rest of Europe which messes things up nicely. So there could well be a difference between say a Mercedes and a TVR or an Aston Martin.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2005-04-13, 7:59 PM #8
Quote:
Originally posted by DeTRiTiC-iQ

so.... there may be asians in my street

*me runs outside naked*
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2005-04-14, 4:01 AM #9
Ok, this is from memory of MY cars...

My old fiestas were driver's side, so was my clio, but my newer fiesta has it passenger side.

Hope that helps Mr D :)
2005-04-14, 7:28 AM #10
Quote:
I thought it was do to with the opposite side that you drive the car from. ie, the curb side of a vehicle's home country is traditionally where the fuel cap is.

Of course you Brits drive on the other side of the road from the rest of Europe which messes things up nicely. So there could well be a difference between say a Mercedes and a TVR or an Aston Martin.

Well you've got a Ford, so your exhaust is on the right, cap on the left(unless you've got one of the models with cap behind the licence plate, not sure how many of those there are, I know the ZL Fairlane has it.)

My commodore is exhaust left side, cap right side.

I am "British" and my dad is "British" and we drive on the left side of the road, 2 cars, caps on the right. I'm not sure if you're concerned about country though...
2005-04-14, 7:55 AM #11
Quote:
Originally posted by GHORG
My commodore is exhaust left side, cap right side.

Ahh but the Commodore is based off an Opel, which is a German car ;)

And that's impressive, remembering the Ford :D
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2005-04-14, 7:56 AM #12
you have to be driving in Britland.
Flickr Twitter
2005-04-14, 9:53 AM #13
beens my room is next to the current (but soon to be replaced with new fancy student halls) car park....lets take a peak out my window...

Right : 4
Left : 12

thats about all I can see...

as for the make and country...I couldn't be arsed but from my families own cars..

Two french cars, fuel cap on right (both ~4 years old)
Two Japanese cars, fuel cap on left (both ~1 year old)
One german car, fuel cap on right... (6 months old)

although I can see 4 Fords out the window and they are on the left...
People of our generation should not be subjected to mornings.

Rbots
2005-04-14, 10:16 AM #14
Mine and my dad's car has the fuel cap on the right. I've only just got home so I'm not going to get back up just to look at cars fuel caps, sorry.

↑ Up to the top!