Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → 911 dispatcher asks if mom wants cops to shoot her child
911 dispatcher asks if mom wants cops to shoot her child
2005-04-13, 10:21 PM #1
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050413/ap_on_re_us/dispatcher_s_joke

Haha this is great. I live right outside of Watauga too.
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2005-04-13, 10:49 PM #2
Who calls 911 because of an unruly child? Seriously. Unless the kid's threatening someone's life or something.
Moo.
2005-04-13, 10:51 PM #3
:rolleyes:

Mm'hmm.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-04-13, 10:59 PM #4
plz help me i can't discipline my child without government intervention :(

The sad thing is, I know a few parents who are exactly like this. The world was a much better place when people would beat their children for getting out of line.

Do you think this is how the chavs came to be?
2005-04-13, 11:28 PM #5
If she hadn't made such a fuss about it, the cop would have been over there just as fast.
My mom would have laughed at it :o
The tired anthem of a loser and a hypocrite.
2005-04-13, 11:34 PM #6
I'm gonna send this to my friend cause she lives in Watauga. See what she thinks.
2005-04-14, 12:04 AM #7
If it's gotten so bad that the parents have to call 911, well, that's bad.
Pissed Off?
2005-04-14, 5:17 PM #8
I called 911 cause GBK was dissing windows again. They told me I would get a medal for shooting him. :D
Email me
2005-04-14, 5:19 PM #9
hehe that guys rocks. He needs a promotion, not a reprimand.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2005-04-14, 6:26 PM #10
When 911 wasn't needed :p
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2005-04-14, 6:57 PM #11
I like his style. Someone find his address so I can send him a fruit basket.
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
Devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say
2005-04-14, 9:36 PM #12
Quote:
Originally posted by A_Big_Fat_CoW
Who calls 911 because of an unruly child? Seriously. Unless the kid's threatening someone's life or something.
Maybe the parent(s) was (were) just lazy.
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2005-04-14, 9:41 PM #13
Yeah, that mother doesn't deserve to have kids if she's just going to try to pass off the responsibility of raising them. Especially in such a rediculous fasion.

I am forced to admit that the dispatcher's comment was not in very good taste and that 911 dispatchers have to be constantly professional, people's lives could be at stake.

But really... you can't just blame the dispatcher. The mother was tieing up the lines for (possible) legitimate calls.

2005-04-14, 9:53 PM #14
Quote:
Originally posted by Darkjedibob
When 911 wasn't needed :p
That is freaking awesome. I am definately saving that one.
2005-04-15, 12:00 AM #15
Quote:
Originally posted by Jon`C

The sad thing is, I know a few parents who are exactly like this. The world was a much better place when people would beat their children for getting out of line.

the problem is that parents don't have balls anymore and have bought into that touchy-feely bulls*** that says that corporal punishment is wrong. As a result, they are afraid to discipline their kids. It's therefore no wonder that their children are spoiled little s***s and it's probably just going to get worse.

Everytime I acted out of line when I was a kid, i got my dad's belt. I hated it at the time, but in retrospect it probably kept me out of trouble and kept me on the right path.
2005-04-15, 12:11 AM #16
The thing is, teaching them violence helps promote violence. They think that they can get what they want through violence. Lord knows, by the time I was 8, the paddle with HOLES IN IT didn't even make me flinch. I didn't care about the belt, paddle, or one with holes. I could take 10 solid hard shots and I wouldn't flinch.

Personally I think the kids deserve a good smack here and there. Not frequently, standing in the corner. But if my kid ever got violent, I smack the kid across the face one time so hard they'd want to go bake me a pie (end sarcasm).
2005-04-15, 1:48 AM #17
Corporal punishment isn't necessary at all if you know what you're doing. You never need corporal punishment if you raise your children properly. My family has, for generations, used little to no corporal punishment (especially in this past generation) and has been filled with nothing but successful college graduates that go on to start their own families and retire with a fat wallet and a lot of grandchildren.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2005-04-15, 3:54 AM #18
Quote:
Originally posted by Emon
Corporal punishment isn't necessary at all if you know what you're doing. You never need corporal punishment if you raise your children properly. My family has, for generations, used little to no corporal punishment (especially in this past generation) and has been filled with nothing but successful college graduates that go on to start their own families and retire with a fat wallet and a lot of grandchildren.

But you're all liberal hippie communists.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor

↑ Up to the top!