Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → If I could make a Star Wars game sequel . . .
If I could make a Star Wars game sequel . . .
2005-04-14, 8:46 PM #1
. . . it would be Jedi Power Battles II.

But not your typical JPB gameplay. We're talking new elements. It's easier just to make a list, so here goes:
  • Traditional JPB gameplay (SP and coop wise)
  • A decent 'level up' system (a little better than X-Men Legends, but not quite KotoR)
  • MK: Deception style mini games
  • Tekken style duel mode ( to add Masters of Teras Kasi gameplay)
  • More unlocks
  • Custom characters a la JA

Ya, it's wishful thinking. Even still, it's very possible to do even with an archaic engine. Head over to [url]www.quake2evolved.com[/url] and see what they're doing with the Q2 engine. Per-Pixel Lighting and a bunch of other stuff, too. Add GLM support and we're on our way.

Okay, I'm done ranting. It's just wishing anyway.

So what kind of SW game would you make?
-There are easier things in life than finding a good woman, like nailing Jello to a tree, for instance

Tazz
2005-04-14, 8:54 PM #2
Super Bombad Racing II
Stuff
2005-04-14, 8:55 PM #3
Jedi Power Battles a la X-Men Legends would be awesome.
Pissed Off?
2005-04-14, 8:56 PM #4
I was actually thinking about "remaking" few levels of JK in JA. But I have no texturing skills.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-04-14, 8:59 PM #5
Dark Forces 2... without the whole jedi thing
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2005-04-14, 9:07 PM #6
pfft. TIE FIghter 2

[edit] Since when has there been a 30 second post limit?
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2005-04-14, 9:08 PM #7
Man, i'd like to see Teras Kasi implemented into future jk games. Taking out a low level reborn with your fists = teh win.
"The only crime I'm guilty of is love [of china]"
- Ruthven
me clan me mod
2005-04-14, 9:19 PM #8
A game that is totally totally based off the trilogy. Rogue Leader comes close, but still at least half or the majority are original storylines. I just want one where you play as Luke, Han, etc, and play the original trilogy. That's why I love the Star Wars Arcade Game
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2005-04-14, 9:37 PM #9
A Teras Kasi/Tekken style game with a LOT of characters. I really loved Teras Kasi, despite the fact most people thought it sucked, and it got bad reviews.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Thou shalt not weigh more than thy refrigerator.

Eat well, stay fit, die anyway.
2005-04-14, 9:38 PM #10
TIE Fighter 2
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-04-14, 9:42 PM #11
Quote:
Originally posted by Darkjedibob
[edit] Since when has there been a 30 second post limit?

Forever.
Pissed Off?
2005-04-15, 2:34 AM #12
Shadows of the Empire 2.
2005-04-15, 3:02 AM #13
Tie Fighter 2, I like destroying Rebel scum.
Rock is dead - but I believe in necrophilia.
2005-04-15, 3:07 AM #14
Tazz And Mscbuck theres only one thing i can say to ur ll is that ur ll..............................ROCk.............No serously U Do........Rock.

Ps I mean Reaaaallllllllyyyy Rock
My Main Objective------ Is to make Jk Real......No i mean Really Real.
2005-04-15, 3:29 AM #15
Dark Forces 3.
2005-04-15, 4:47 AM #16
I don't really want any sequels, I want an Original Trilogy shooter like Dark Forces without all the Jedi crap.

I don't want to see any direct adaptations of the movies though. They don't allow for anywhere near enough creative freedom to make a really good game.
Xbox Live/PlayStation Network/Steam: tone217
http://twitter.com/ourmatetone
2005-04-15, 5:06 AM #17
What tony just said up there, and another vote for TIE fighter 2.

:D
2005-04-15, 5:06 AM #18
Bounty Hunter 2. Forget Jango, I want the real Fett.
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2005-04-15, 5:43 AM #19
Quote:
Originally posted by Jedigreedo
Bounty Hunter 2. Forget Jango, I want the real Fett.

Jango WAS the real fett, seeing as how Boba IS A CLONE, IE an artificial being. :P
2005-04-15, 6:19 AM #20
I refuse to believe Boba Fett is what we saw in AOTC. It was Jango & Jaango.
2005-04-15, 8:37 AM #21
I'd like to see DF and JK remade for something aking to the JO engine. 'Twas fun memories there, yaar.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2005-04-15, 10:09 AM #22
There's a total conversion somewhere, or at least it's being worked on...
$do || ! $do ; try
2005-04-15, 10:11 AM #23
Yeah, for JA they released a Dark Forces demo where they released three levels that were really really well done.
"The only crime I'm guilty of is love [of china]"
- Ruthven
me clan me mod
2005-04-15, 10:17 AM #24
Another Dark Forces, no Jedi anywhere, just you, a gun, and a base full of Stormtroopers. And maybe the mortar launcher. That gun rocked.
"I'm only civil because I don't know any swear words."

-Calvin
2005-04-15, 10:27 AM #25
How about the reverse? Stormtrooper armor, an E-11, and base full of Rebs?
$do || ! $do ; try
2005-04-15, 10:55 AM #26
Yeah, I think it'd be cool if they made a game where you played as a stormtrooper.
2005-04-15, 11:01 AM #27
*coughrepubliccommandocough*
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2005-04-15, 11:01 AM #28
I want another addition to the X-Wing series... preferably from the Imperial side. I want a TIE Fighter 2, perhaps going from somewhere a whiel after hoth to post-endor. Or evern pre Yavin! YESSSSS!
Clarinetists, unite!

-writer of Bloodwing
(a work in progress)
2005-04-15, 11:03 AM #29
Quote:
Originally posted by Ford
*coughrepubliccommandocough*

Clone Trooper != stormtrooper
2005-04-15, 11:08 AM #30
The whole Clone special forces thing is cool and all but the Rambo-Clone cliche gets old. Stormtroopers are weak and have outdated tech, that brings more of a challenge. :p
2005-04-15, 11:49 AM #31
Especially if you had a one/two shot kill risk like in Rainbow Six and other tac shooters. In JK you can run around in the middle of a base, knowing that there's always health and shields waiting for you. There's no reason to die in JK unless it's fall or explosive damage (or saber duels)
$do || ! $do ; try
2005-04-15, 11:50 AM #32
Quote:
Originally posted by Rob
Yeah, I think it'd be cool if they made a game where you played as a stormtrooper.

Meh, not really. I'd rather have a game where you play as an actual character not Medal of Honour: Galactic Assault.
Xbox Live/PlayStation Network/Steam: tone217
http://twitter.com/ourmatetone
2005-04-15, 2:44 PM #33
X-Wing: Republic

You play a young pilot working for a shipping company shortly after the Battle of Endor. When one of the Grand Admirals still active attacks the Republic, your family goes to their aid. I know, combine Rogue Squadron and X-Wing Alliance and it's exactly the same, but there's other stuff:
  • 4 Hyperzones per level (That's all we really need anyways)
  • New ships including:
  • Moldy Crow/Raven's Claw
    World Devastators
    The Eclipse
    Death Star I
    Death Star Prototype
    Sun Crusher
    Prequel ships (N1, Droid Starfighter, etc)
  • Force Powers (Ala Jedi Starfighter, or at least what I understand it features)
    Push
    Speed
    Lightning
    Mind trick
    [*]Customizable ships[*]Capital Ship capabilities
  • Yuuzhan Vong

-That or, like, GTA: Coruscant Streets
2005-04-15, 2:58 PM #34
Let's see the base characteristics for my ideal SW sequel:

1. No jedi-ish elements
2. FPS
3. Based on Clone Wars, OT, or post-RotJ (no more than a few years after Battle of Endor) era
4. Doesn't heavily involve any of the main characters of the movies (I don't care to play along side of Luke Skywalker)

I guess I would want a full blown game where you play as a bounty hunter (like Bossk, 4LOM, etc.), mercenary, or element of the Rebel Alliance/New Republic or the Empire. I would like to extend the stories that were presented or propose ones similar to those of Mysteries of the Sith. I liked all the levels such as the Altyr base attack (just imagine if that was created in one of the modern gaming engines . . . ), the pirate ship and facility, and the dealing with that Hutt. The game was different and unique with a lot of different aspects of the Star Wars saga. The plots were decent, and the maps were huge and awesome. I also liked class-based DM.
2005-04-15, 6:06 PM #35
Quote:
Originally posted by Rob

call of duty in a star wars setting with you as a stormtrooper only with a few more hours of gameplay
2005-04-15, 6:42 PM #36
I think it would be cool to play as just a regular mercenary. Start off on some back water planet with only a pistol and build your self some sort of empire built on crime.

Grand Theft Star Wars.
2005-04-15, 7:19 PM #37
nah a better title would be "Grand Theft Speeder Mos Eisley"
2005-04-15, 7:59 PM #38
Battlefront 2?

They could improve on a few things and make more levels, more team commands, etc. I think that would be good. I still play my Star Wars Battlefront from time to time, although playing it for a long time makes it get boring.
Very funny Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.
2005-04-15, 8:26 PM #39
Dark Forces 2....The real sequal that was never made, not JN.
2005-04-15, 8:37 PM #40
Something along the lines of VtM: Bloodlines and/or Deus Ex would be nice. Throw in some GTA and some Freelancer, too. That would be awesome.
Moo.

↑ Up to the top!