Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Look what I found on Kazzaa!
Look what I found on Kazzaa!
2005-04-15, 6:12 AM #1
http://mercury.walagata.com/w/showbunny59/Star_Wars_Episode_3_Revenge_Of_The_Sith-Front.jpg

[scrolling=bad]

Click for bigger version.

What convinced me it wasnt real was the picture of ani infront of a BLUESCREEN... OFF THE OT DVD!!!

he could have at least matted it!
This is not the sig you are looking for. Move along.
2005-04-15, 6:15 AM #2
I always thought Vader was the one in charge of killing off the Jedi Knights.
2005-04-15, 6:17 AM #3
...thats like saying "hey, lets warez some stuff now"

..idiot
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2005-04-15, 6:17 AM #4
Obiwan still calls him Anakin to irratate the hell out of him,
and I still call him anakin until the mask goes on. Once the mask goes on, theres no turning back. The good man that was Anakin Skywalker is dead. For 20 years. Then he comes back to life for approx. 10 minutes.
2005-04-15, 6:43 AM #5
^ YOUR OPINION IS WRONG.

And why did you post this? To show how your irrefutable authority determined that this is one of many fakes?
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2005-04-15, 6:44 AM #6
fyi, 7, Kazzaa costs money, whereas Warez is free. A little birdie told me.
2005-04-15, 6:46 AM #7
Warez is still illegal. Have you even read the forum rules?
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-04-15, 6:46 AM #8
The program costs money (don't know why ANYONE would pay for KaZaA when you can still use KaZaA Lite; but both suck). What users distribute can be illegal.
2005-04-15, 6:50 AM #9
Quote:
Originally posted by Macro_Roshuma
fyi, 7, Kazzaa costs money, whereas Warez is free. A little birdie told me.

If you're paying to use Kazaa, let's just say I have nothing to say to you.
2005-04-15, 6:51 AM #10
I thought since you pay for it it was legal? I dont use anything not, i guess I must uninstall it...
2005-04-15, 6:52 AM #11
No, its still quite illegal even if you pay for it, they just screw you out of money before the MPAA and RIAA can get it from you.
2005-04-15, 7:02 AM #12
Yeah it's fake. They took the cover from the RotS soundtrack cover... which is err... floating around... :em321:

And your naivete is just funny.

2005-04-15, 7:05 AM #13
Quote:
Originally posted by The_Mega_ZZTer
Yeah it's fake. They took the cover from the RotS soundtrack cover... which is err... floating around... :em321:

And your naivete is just funny.

No they didn't, that's a fanmade cover, its been around for a while. The soundtrack cover is on Amazon:

[http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000850IS6.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg]
2005-04-15, 7:07 AM #14
What convinced me that it was fake was that it looks utterly rubbish.

The text is written in a FREE font, I very much doubt the designer of the eventual dvd cover would be seen dead anywhere near a free font.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2005-04-15, 7:09 AM #15
Not to mention no DVD (espec. Star Wars) is encoded in ALL Regions (nor NTSC); and if those were the only special features I'd be seriously disappointed in Lucas. :p
2005-04-15, 7:38 AM #16
I guess I = duma$$
2005-04-15, 7:39 AM #17
Kazaa is stupid.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-04-15, 9:27 AM #18
Quote:
Originally posted by Macro_Roshuma
I = duma$$

QFT.
2005-04-15, 11:02 AM #19
Quote:
Originally posted by DeTRiTiC-iQ
What convinced me that it was fake was that it looks utterly rubbish.

The text is written in a FREE font, I very much doubt the designer of the eventual dvd cover would be seen dead anywhere near a free font.

Actually, a lot of the text on the originals are free fonts. I took the AOTC cover and mirrored the fonts on my ROTS cover I made in school, and MOST of them were already installed on the computers here at school, (which only have the basic stuff installed)

Give 'er a look here

If you want, I can give you a list of the fonts used.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Thou shalt not weigh more than thy refrigerator.

Eat well, stay fit, die anyway.
2005-04-15, 11:47 AM #20
It's more likely that they are very similar fonts but not the professional versions.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2005-04-15, 12:25 PM #21
Quote:
Originally posted by Shintock
If you're paying to use Kazaa, let's just say I have nothing to say to you.

Agreed, paying for kazaa is the worst decision ever. There are tons of good P2P things out there, but due to certain circumstances, I cannot point you in the direction of the one I use.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2005-04-15, 12:33 PM #22
Paying for Kazaa is stupid because warezing is always illegal, regardless of whether you pay for the P2P service or not.
2005-04-15, 12:53 PM #23
using kazaa is like choosing to eat dog food instead of grilled steak. The Fasttrack network that kazaa uses is utter s***, b/c of the qualitty of the content. Old 128kbps CBR mp3 encodes. 192kbps+ CBR mp3 sometimes available. Most popular music will be corrupted thanks to Kazaa's inability to fully hash files. All FastTrack clients have a serious flaw which for the past year the RIAA (or whoever else) has been exploiting. Unlike every other P2P client around today, Kazaa hashes only parts of each file you share. It goes something like this:
You have a 10MB mp3. Kazaa will hash (scan the file and give it a unique ID) the first few bytes of that file, skip a few, hash a few, skip a few, and so on. The RIAA simply fills the spaces Kazaa doesn't hash with silence or random noise. This leaves your mp3 completly ruined and unlistenable without changing the files hash. Does it work? Yes. You've got an extremly high chance of music downloaded via FastTrack being corrupted.
Rare music is extremly hard to find on FT.

There are way better file sharing programs available.
2005-04-15, 1:10 PM #24
Quote:
Originally posted by DeTRiTiC-iQ
It's more likely that they are very similar fonts but not the professional versions.

Well, ok, I can accept that also.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Thou shalt not weigh more than thy refrigerator.

Eat well, stay fit, die anyway.
2005-04-15, 3:04 PM #25
you can tell it's fake because the cut and paste technique they used on Mace Windu down there is really poor...they left bits of the orignal pic! I probably could make something like this in Paint :P
"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."
2005-04-15, 8:58 PM #26
I almost thought this would be an excuse to request Macro be banned. Better luck next time? :-P

In all seriousness, I need to find a better P2P program to get my not exactly illegal but still embarasing files to talk about- off of the intrenetsors. Anyone care to suggest a program that doesn't hash incorrectly?

JediKirby
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-04-15, 9:26 PM #27
Quote:
Originally posted by jEDIkIRBY
I almost thought this would be an excuse to request Macro be banned. Better luck next time? :-P

In all seriousness, I need to find a better P2P program to get my not exactly illegal but still embarasing files to talk about- off of the intrenetsors. Anyone care to suggest a program that doesn't hash incorrectly?

JediKirby

I've never had any problem with Ares, and it works really well.
Moo.
2005-04-16, 12:01 AM #28
I'm pretty sure that pic of Padme used on the fanmade cover has been seen for quite awhile as well, since AOTC I think. It really emphasizes her lobeless ears.
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2005-04-16, 12:26 PM #29
haha, thank god I live in Canada. The legal file sharing country. :p
2005-04-16, 1:38 PM #30
No kidding, eh? I love my country...
Very funny Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.

↑ Up to the top!