Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → So yeah...
So yeah...
2005-04-15, 11:54 AM #1
President Bush came to my school today to talk about Social Security. i listened to about 20 minutes of his speech and got a headache. i can't give you specific quotes, but as usual there were a multiple unnecissary repetitions, and misquoted facts.

my main beef is that i missed the copters coming in, i was asked to go inside when they left. i guess i look like i'm carrying a high powered rifle in my pants or something. i missed the practise landing on wednesday because i was working inside the school...i'm disappointed at not seeing the three awesome looking helis take off from the baseball field. would have been so cool.

felt like sharing. anyone else have a bush disappointment, or anything?
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2005-04-15, 11:58 AM #2
lol dessert wra
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-04-15, 12:03 PM #3
Bill Clinton gave a lecture on politics in some college university near where I lived, but I didn't go. I believe he is well known for his speeches.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-04-15, 1:13 PM #4
i remembered a quote roughly paraphrased but mostly accurate.

"These ideas on social security are not my own. These ideas about social security come from people like bill clinton. Senator *such and such* from..uh..senator *name* from eh..n...Senator *name* from New York, and a collegue of pne of my predecessors ronald regan, senate majority leader T...eh...*name mumble*"

he seemed totally unprepared for the discussion.
2005-04-15, 2:46 PM #5
Er.. where do you go to school? If I remember right, you're from Ohio, and Bush spoke at a community college near here.
2005-04-15, 2:49 PM #6
Cool to see the Bush live.

I am still skeptical about the privatized accounts for SS. I do support more legislation that will allow people to set aside more non-taxable income for retirement.
2005-04-15, 2:55 PM #7
The social security plan is stupid, accoridng to him the current situation is in dire need of help because in 18 years it will take in less than it gives you, However his plan it will take in less than it gives out in like 6 years, soooo.... GO bush.

He never gives good speeches, I think its cause he doesn't read over them before giving them.
Kenya, Now with lions and tigers.
2005-04-15, 3:04 PM #8
Quote:
Originally posted by Vad

He never gives good speeches, I think its cause he doesn't read over them before giving them.

Which is why Clinton is such a good speaker. He's notorious for being maticulous when going over speehces
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2005-04-15, 3:08 PM #9
Hey, Hitler gave good speeches too
2005-04-15, 3:48 PM #10
Quote:
Originally posted by Demon_Nightmare
Hey, Hitler gave good speeches too

But this isn't about Hitler, is it?

I am a republican supporter, and even I agree that he needs to learn how to read/recite speechs.
The stupid kids in my English class speak better then him.
2005-04-15, 3:51 PM #11
Lakeland Community College, Kirtland, Ohio.

i dont live in kirtland, thank god, but i go there. its a really good school for photo students. wonderful curricula and excellent teachers. (except this new *****. i hate her. i havent had any classes with her, and wont, but i work during her classes in the photolab. she treats all her students like none of them have any idear of what they're doing. advanced students included.)

but anyway yeah. thats where i go.
2005-04-15, 4:20 PM #12
I like big helicopters... Especially when they land near you!

helicopter > you
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2005-04-15, 4:28 PM #13
Quote:
Originally posted by Ford
felt like sharing. anyone else have a bush disappointment, or anything?

He's pretty much written off (Southern) California in terms of aiding us on the border situation. In fact, his amnesty for illegals has pissed me off. I should have left the "president" part blank.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2005-04-15, 5:25 PM #14
Quote:
Originally posted by Stinkywrix
But this isn't about Hitler, is it?

Well, it's not about Clinton either, yet somehow he got dragged into this...
2005-04-15, 5:37 PM #15
Most countries in Europe (and various countries around the world) are completely to blame for World War II, that is, causing it and taking part in it. They are all equally to blame for the Holocaust (this includes, England, etc., and especially Poland, which, given its military did nothing to stop Germany from walking in). Germany's been apologizing for years. All those other pansies in Europe are yet to apologize for the Treaty of Versailles, general anti-Semitism, oppression of people through a class system, etc. Whatever.
"When it's time for this planet to die, you'll understand that you know absolutely nothing." — Bugenhagen
2005-04-15, 5:49 PM #16
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2005-04-15, 6:50 PM #17
I, uh, think my PARENTS got to see the current president up-close-ish at one point while at work...
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2005-04-15, 8:05 PM #18
I live in Canada. I don't think Mr. Martins has ever come to talk to our school. Actually, never have I seen a prime minister live.
Very funny Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.

↑ Up to the top!