Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Jedi Academy Cheat
Jedi Academy Cheat
2005-04-15, 10:46 PM #1
Anyone know a reason devmapall doesnt do anything when i type it in?

[http://damageincsp.homestead.com/files/cheats.JPG]
whenever any form of government becomes destructive to securing the rights of the governed, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it
---Thomas jefferson, Declaration of Independance.
2005-04-15, 10:48 PM #2
because devmapall isnt a command unless you're already in a map.

type "devmap mapname"

then codes are already enabled.. i think.. i havent run a game of JA in a while... q3map2 does it for me.
2005-04-15, 10:49 PM #3
Instead type "helpusobi 1"
2005-04-15, 10:54 PM #4
Quote:
Originally posted by Unknown User
Instead type "helpusobi 1"

isn't that for JO only?

Also, is there a saber realistic damage cheat for JA? I miss being able to completely dismember npcs by merely touching them with the saber in JA.
2005-04-15, 11:54 PM #5
Quote:
Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS
isn't that for JO only?

NO
2005-04-16, 3:32 AM #6
yeah you have to be in the level to use that cheat
SpriteMod (JO 2003) Roger Wilco Skin

Snail racing: (500 posts per line) ---@%
2005-04-16, 7:41 AM #7
the help us obi works but isnt the devmap kind of pointless then?
whenever any form of government becomes destructive to securing the rights of the governed, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it
---Thomas jefferson, Declaration of Independance.
2005-04-16, 7:42 AM #8
Quote:
Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS
\

Also, is there a saber realistic damage cheat for JA? I miss being able to completely dismember npcs by merely touching them with the saber in JA.

AHH! i wanted to know that too!!!!
I downloaded this mod that makes the stormtroopers battledroids and i wanted to see them fall apart when you slice them.. It was so much fun in JO, but i can't figure out what the cheat is in JA....
2005-04-16, 8:09 AM #9
g_saberrealisticcombat ##

supposedly ## is only supposed to be 1-20, but I know you can put it higher than that.
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2005-04-16, 8:29 PM #10
I've heard CG_Dismember is the way to do it.
None of the methods seems to work for me.

For whatever reason, the cheats for Single Player and the cheats for Multiplayer are not the same. ?. !. ?!!?!?. !!!!!!.
Helpusobi 1 only works in singleplayer, Devmapall only in multiplayer.

-Buggerall.
2005-04-16, 11:51 PM #11
Quote:
Originally posted by Rodianking
AHH! i wanted to know that too!!!!
I downloaded this mod that makes the stormtroopers battledroids and i wanted to see them fall apart when you slice them.. It was so much fun in JO, but i can't figure out what the cheat is in JA....
it's fun in most levels, but realistic damage could be a huge liability in levels where Kyle or some other friendly npc has to stay alive the whole time. (The first vjun map is a good example of this, b/c kyle is with you practically the whole time, and all you have to do to jeaprodize the mission is just get a little too close to him with your saber. Also, some small-time saber enemy like a one-saber cultist could slash kyle in half with one chop and you fail the mission b/c of that.
2005-04-17, 2:45 AM #12
Well some Jedi that Kyle is, then. :rolleyes:
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2005-04-17, 4:44 AM #13
I'm suprised no one has mentioned this:

Just type devmap.

Not devmap all. That'll allow all commands (including cheats) to work. This not only works in JO/JA, but any Quake 3 engine game. (SOF, Q3, JO, JA, Star Trek, CoD, etc) I think it even works in Doom 3, but I haven't tested that.
2005-04-17, 4:47 AM #14
Quote:
Originally posted by bearded_jarl
I've heard CG_Dismember is the way to do it.
None of the methods seems to work for me.

For whatever reason, the cheats for Single Player and the cheats for Multiplayer are not the same. ?. !. ?!!?!?. !!!!!!.
Helpusobi 1 only works in singleplayer, Devmapall only in multiplayer.

-Buggerall.

Err, wrong.

Devmap is correct, and works in both. Helpusobi 1 is the cheat code for SP, true, but devmap works in both.

Despite that, to get dismemberment working in MP, the server and the client must both have certain variables set. I believe CG_dismember is the server variable, but I don't remember, it's been too long.
2005-04-17, 11:06 AM #15
You can't activate dismemberment in JA Singleplayer. You have to start it something like this:

"C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\jasp.exe" +set g_sabermorerealistic 3 +devmapall +set g_sabermorerealistic 3
2005-04-19, 11:05 AM #16
Quote:
Originally posted by Thrawn42689
You can't activate dismemberment in JA Singleplayer. You have to start it something like this:

"C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\jasp.exe" +set g_sabermorerealistic 3 +devmapall +set g_sabermorerealistic 3
#

of course you can if you have the right patch
SpriteMod (JO 2003) Roger Wilco Skin

Snail racing: (500 posts per line) ---@%
2005-04-19, 11:08 AM #17
Quote:
Originally posted by Darkjedibob
g_saberrealisticcombat ##

supposedly ## is only supposed to be 1-20, but I know you can put it higher than that.

Lies. Saber realistic combat isn't registered under that anymore. That was for JO.
Sneaky sneaks. I'm actually a werewolf. Woof.

↑ Up to the top!