Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → wow.. that was quite a task
wow.. that was quite a task
2005-04-16, 1:54 PM #1
I just got done sorting through all the music (ok most of it) on my computer, and downloading from Amazon.com the album artwork for each album. There's presently a total of 349 songs, and 126 albums. So I downloaded 126 .jpgs and also went through each song and input in the track #, album name, genre, etc... It took me like... 6 hours.

Anyway, I'm proud of myself, and wanted to share. My music folders/playlists are now in order.

(I've still got probably another 30 songs, I haven't even touched though. :( )
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2005-04-16, 2:02 PM #2
You, sir, have no life.

Now do the same for my music folder.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-04-16, 2:19 PM #3
I have around 332 songs, including a couple videos, around 1.61 GB. Thought I had more, but I need to go through and do the same to mind. If I was smart, I would've done it right after downloading.
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2005-04-16, 2:24 PM #4
I did something a little similar...

I went through our entire movie collection and made an Access database of all of our movies.

I had to use Amazon and [url]www.imdb.com[/url] and found:

The movie title
The movie genre
The movie's cast
The movie's plot
The movie's length
The movie's rating

I also put the location of the movie in our house (upstairs, downstairs, or lent out)

A little less than 125 movies too

That was quite a task too, especially since, with the way I have it set up, the only thing I could copy and paste was the movie's plot, the rest I had to type in myself because of formatting on the websites.
2005-04-16, 2:51 PM #5
Why does it sound like non of us has a life? :D
I've done something similar with my dvd's :D
2005-04-16, 2:58 PM #6
That's why when I download albums I make sure that I'm downloading a complete album folder that includes the album art, complete pls and tracks with the same bitrate.

I've spent probably 2 hours total organizing my 20+ gigs of mp3s.
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.
2005-04-16, 5:40 PM #7
hmm.. for whatever reason, iTunes won't let me apply two of the .jpg files to their respective albums. Anyone know of any limitations? The file sizes are comparable to the others that worked fine. I'm thinking the file names might be too long. One is "Good Charlotte - The Chornicles of Life and Death (Death Version).jpg" (or Life Version, neither works). The other is "Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers Greatest Hits.jpg"

All the others worked fine by just dragging the .jpgs onto the little window in iTunes that says "Drag Album Artwork here"

Those two won't let me drag them over (My curson turns into an O with a line through it). Any ideas?

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2005-04-16, 5:43 PM #8
Can I play too? I just went through and erased/renamed +3000 MP3's about 2 weeks ago (took me all day).
2005-04-16, 5:48 PM #9

I just CDDB everything I import into iTunes. That pretty much grabs everything in one go. For the various other songs I acquire via other means, I of course do it myself, but that never takes very long.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2005-04-16, 5:55 PM #10
I did the same thing with my 20 gig music collection, woo.
2005-04-16, 6:01 PM #11
I did that a few weeks ago too, but thanks to Amarok (KDE's audio player) the task only took me ~10 minutes.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2005-04-16, 6:27 PM #12
Konfabulator has an insanely easy widget that will automatically download album artwork for your albums. Took me very very short time for it.

Konfabulator is avaialble for Windows, too. (However, most people use it for OS X)
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2005-04-16, 7:22 PM #13
Quote:
Originally posted by mscbuck
Konfabulator has an insanely easy widget that will automatically download album artwork for your albums. Took me very very short time for it.

Konfabulator is avaialble for Windows, too. (However, most people use it for OS X)

I was just about to mention that. It grabs the album art off of iTunes though. Saw it in Maximum PC.
2005-04-16, 7:26 PM #14
hmm.. well I'm all finished now... so :p

2005-04-16, 8:15 PM #15
Quote:
Originally posted by Sarn_Cadrill
There's presently a total of 349 songs,

Add a zero to that number to get my number of songs... (And not at the begining, either)

I don't have coverart for any of them though. I'm still working on ID3 tagging them all...
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!

↑ Up to the top!