Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Who has their ticket?
Who has their ticket?
2005-04-16, 7:30 PM #1
I got mine tonight for the May 18th showing at 12:01 am. I rule.
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2005-04-16, 7:31 PM #2
May 18th? I thought it wasn't out until the 19th?!
Stuff
2005-04-16, 7:32 PM #3
Not I.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2005-04-16, 7:37 PM #4
I'll try to go and see it a few days after it comes out.
2005-04-16, 8:03 PM #5
Don't have a ticket yet. I imagine we'll get a group of people to go at some point.
Pissed Off?
2005-04-16, 8:04 PM #6
they arent on sale here in canada yet.. :(
2005-04-16, 8:11 PM #7
I got my ticket.
My plan is for that day, is to head down to the mall area around 3 AM.
Previously, my friends and I are going to be so loaded on caffiene that we could probably stay up until 3 AM the next day.
Until the movie starts showing, we are just going to mess around/skateboard until it starts.
2005-04-16, 8:37 PM #8
I just got mine about 15 minutes ago. wootness.
Moo.
2005-04-16, 9:02 PM #9
I've had my ticket for the first midnight showing for about a week now. The time for it actually says 11:55pm on the 18th. I'm in New Zealand, so we're around 18 hours ahead of the U.S.
"You want the truth?! You can't handle the truth!! No truth-handler you!! Bah!! I deride your truth-handling ability!!"
2005-04-16, 9:03 PM #10
Quote:
Originally posted by kyle90
May 18th? I thought it wasn't out until the 19th?!

technically it's the 19th, but ticket sites usually say the date before when it's a midnight showing to prevent confusion or something
Moo.
2005-04-16, 9:10 PM #11
Yup, 7 tickets for Saturday May 21st at 7pm. Would see it earlier, but when some of your friends work day shift and some work night shift that can be rather hard.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2005-04-16, 9:14 PM #12
I'll wait a bit, then see it around noonish one day. Theater to myself. Because lots of people in a theater = TEH SUX BAD.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2005-04-16, 9:20 PM #13
What are we talking about...

*covers head because I know everyone is going to shout and curse me like an idiot for not knowing...*
Very funny Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.
2005-04-16, 9:41 PM #14
Quote:
Originally posted by siliconcowboy
I'll try to go and see it a few days after it comes out.

Same..maybe a week or two after..when the crowds settle a bit..
woot!
2005-04-16, 9:42 PM #15
Quote:
Originally posted by Final_Hope__
What are we talking about...

*covers head because I know everyone is going to shout and curse me like an idiot for not knowing...*

SW EP3
woot!
2005-04-16, 9:53 PM #16
Tickets? For that? Already? Holy cow, where have I been!?
Very funny Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.
2005-04-16, 10:07 PM #17
You mean May 19th at 12:01. It won't be out at 12:00 on May 18th, unless you're going to the California premiere, which I think is one day early.
D E A T H
2005-04-16, 10:11 PM #18
I've got the site bookmarked, need to get a hold of a friend for my ride
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2005-04-16, 10:34 PM #19
I chose to go opening night because my sister-in-law is having a C-section on the 19th to give birth to my nephew. I'm calling him a Star Wars baby now. So I gotta be there to see him for the first time, and Star Wars is that day. Well, yeah, I gotta see it the first day.

Rather funny side story, when I was getting the tickets tonight, this girl came up to me and was like "Can you buy us 3 tickets to Amytiville Horror if we gave you the $$" and I looked at my friend and he looked at me and I told her if I bought them, they might get IDed upstairs, cause I had been IDed once 3 times when seeing Texas Chainsaw came out. She said she'd take the chance. So I got the tickets, even though my friend said to run off with the $$. I walked over to an ATM machine with the girl cause of Mall security, and set the tickets on the machine to make it look like the girl was getting money from the ATM and walked off. I told her the movie was going to be God awful and she shouldn't waste her time. Oh well.
2005-04-17, 12:00 AM #20
Quote:
Originally posted by THRAWN

Rather funny side story, when I was getting the tickets tonight, this girl came up to me and was like "Can you buy us 3 tickets to Amytiville Horror if we gave you the $$" and I looked at my friend and he looked at me and I told her if I bought them, they might get IDed upstairs, cause I had been IDed once 3 times when seeing Texas Chainsaw came out. She said she'd take the chance. So I got the tickets, even though my friend said to run off with the $$. I walked over to an ATM machine with the girl cause of Mall security, and set the tickets on the machine to make it look like the girl was getting money from the ATM and walked off. I told her the movie was going to be God awful and she shouldn't waste her time. Oh well.

Back in the day when I was underage, all I had to do was bribe the box office guys to sell me the ticket. You'd be surprised how cheaply they are willing to sell their integrity when they are only making minimum wage.

Oh, and i don't have my Ep3 ticket yet.
2005-04-17, 12:12 AM #21
Yeah, the theatre production of Hair does sell out pretty quickly.
2005-04-17, 12:13 AM #22
Well I saw at least a dozen cops standing around when I made the sale. That's why I didn't just go up to the girl after I bought them and say "Hey, here you go". I chose to set them on the ATM that way a cop might just think she is making a withdraw. I doubt they got in though.
2005-04-17, 12:32 AM #23
Quote:
I chose to go opening night because my sister-in-law is having a C-section on the 19th to give birth to my nephew. I'm calling him a Star Wars baby now. So I gotta be there to see him for the first time, and Star Wars is that day. Well, yeah, I gotta see it the first day.

I think it would be wise to get the baby's midi-chlorian count checked. Such a fateful time of birth, after all!

And they only begin to sell tickets 5th of May over here... I haven't yet decided whether to try to get opening night tickets or some later ones.
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2005-04-17, 12:37 AM #24
I'll see it someday, probably about 1 month after the release.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-04-17, 3:03 PM #25
Dont need one, going to see it before all of you wrahahaha
2005-04-17, 3:04 PM #26
Quote:
Originally posted by anikan_pm
Dont need one, going to see it before all of you wrahahaha

GL invited you to Skywalker Ranch after the success of AOTCTC? :p
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2005-04-18, 1:18 AM #27
No my mates sister works at the cinema, and the have to put all the bits of film together fisrt before they show it to General public, and of course they have to test it.....
2005-04-18, 6:53 PM #28
I hate you.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2005-04-18, 6:58 PM #29
Ooh, time to pre-order. So what do you guys think, two or three times in a row?
2005-04-18, 7:00 PM #30
Good reminder, THRAWN. I didn't realize that only a month remains before it comes!

Time to contact the local cinema.
2005-04-18, 8:21 PM #31
Quote:
I got mine tonight for the May 18th showing at 12:01 am. I rule.

Same here. Friend works at the theatre. Got my ticket same time. Getting me the banner that's "supposidly" getting "destroyed".
2005-04-18, 8:37 PM #32
For Marcus Theaters, tickets go on sale Friday.

Definitley skipping some school for an "orthodontist appointment" to go get tickets to midnight showing on the UltraScreen.
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2005-04-18, 10:16 PM #33
I work at a television station where I'm excutive producer of a comedy MST3K knockoff. (Deadly Cinema, you can see some of it at **** [EDITED: sorry, they took down the site])

Well, my birthday was yesterday (17th) and the producer of the show saw me today and gave me an envelope. Inside was two advanced tickets for EP3 at 7:30 on the 19th. It was an amazing moment.
"If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?"
2005-04-18, 10:37 PM #34
A bunch of people in my house are going to go together, then person organizing is ordering the tickets in the next day or so.
"I'm only civil because I don't know any swear words."

-Calvin
2005-04-19, 6:03 PM #35
i'ma try and get a group together to go midnight showing... i live in a SMALL town so getting tickets a week before won't be a problem...

BUT i may try to go see it in Wichita at the NICE cinema... then i'll need to get tickets now :D
"*quickly adds in disclaimer that Is may still yet end up being slapped with a white glove, as all women are crazy and there are no rules*" --mavispoo
2005-04-19, 6:11 PM #36
Got mine for May 19 at 12:01.
I bet you think that's funny, don't you.
2005-04-19, 6:15 PM #37
i'll catch it when it comes out on video...:p
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
2005-04-19, 6:26 PM #38
Quote:
Originally posted by Ewoklover
i'll catch it when it comes out on video...:p

Die, heathen scum!

And no, I don't have my ticket yet. :(
"It is not advisable, James, to venture unsolicited opinions. You should spare yourself the embarrassing discovery of their exact value to your listener."
"Rationality is the recognition of the fact that nothing can alter the truth and nothing can take precedence over that act of perceiving it."
2005-04-20, 12:44 AM #39
Booked mine yesterday for Leicester Square. Woo!
Xbox Live/PlayStation Network/Steam: tone217
http://twitter.com/ourmatetone
2005-04-20, 1:01 AM #40
I demand that somebody fix the grammatical error in the thread title.
"Well ain't that a merry jelly." - FastGamerr

"You can actually see the waves of me not caring in the air." - fishstickz

↑ Up to the top!