Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Target is such a great store
Target is such a great store
2005-04-17, 8:19 PM #1
Well today, i realized just how amazing the target store really is. I went there on opening day for star wars murchandise and bought every action figure i could find. Today i went there to pick up some household items such as shampoo, soap, and a toothbrush, and as i was browsing i found a copy of jedi knight for 10.00!!! I bought it, and downloaded jhs, jawa dwelling, and a bunch of other favorites. I miss the good old days so much now that i think about it. Post your thoughts/ old memories.
I <3 Massassi
2005-04-17, 8:59 PM #2
I remember the days conspiracy theorists didn't annoy me with their signatures... ahh the good days. :/

Seriously... I remember before I started going to elementary school, I'd sit infront of the TV all day watching PBS or whatever. Ahh I didn't have a care in the world. :)

2005-04-17, 9:07 PM #3
I remember when my dad got a 650 Mhz laptop in '99 or '00 (which was pretty much state-of-the-art at the time), and he brought home a projector from his work.... we set it up in the livingroom and I played JK on an 8' screen. Ah, good times.

I also remember the first time I saw the Internet. It was in '94, just when it had been made public. My mom brought home this crappy laptop (with a green and black monochrome screen) that had a 9600 baud modem in it and we hooked it to the phone line and I experienced the power of the internet for the very first time.
Stuff
2005-04-17, 9:11 PM #4
I miss:

-when girls were clearly the enemy, except for the cool tomboys

-when my day revolved around 4:00, when Batman TAS would come on after school

-my first multiplayer mayhem in Doom

-my 'state of the art' 486

-running around, playing outside until sunset, then chilling inside with a cool glass of freshie (Kool-Aid competitor)

-Old school Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

-When money seemed relatively unimportant
2005-04-17, 9:12 PM #5
JK has been $10 alot of places for a good while now
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2005-04-17, 9:12 PM #6
I remember the internet on a 14.4k modem on my 486 (my first home-made PC). I loved that computer. I worked hard as a kid mowing lawns and junk to pay for it. A screwdriver slipping while I was mounting a second hard drive inside it killed it. :(
2005-04-17, 9:18 PM #7
i remember when i got excited when a download went over 5kb/s. if it went to 10 or 12 i flipped out.
2005-04-17, 9:23 PM #8
I remember when 300kb/s was fast.
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2005-04-17, 9:32 PM #9
I used to save up money to buy ninja turtle action figures at Target. What I don't remember is the phase when girls were the enemy... guess I missed that one, but that's ok.

And I used to have a Commodore 64... about a million years ago. I really have to stop putting a picture on every post I make, but that's not happening yet.
2005-04-17, 10:30 PM #10
Quote:
I tried to walk into a target... but I missed

/remembers Mitch Hedberg.

But on a somewhat more serious note... I can't think of a particular fond memory... but my memory sucks, well.. that, and I just live a very uneventful life with any potential for fond memories left behind with my younger child years... (BTW I'm 19...)
2005-04-17, 10:36 PM #11
I miss playing dark forces for hours and hours on end, trying to beat the third level, and then playing 007 for 64 (proximity mines in the complex).
2005-04-17, 11:07 PM #12
Quote:
Originally posted by Gilgamesh85
I miss:

Amen
-There are easier things in life than finding a good woman, like nailing Jello to a tree, for instance

Tazz
2005-04-17, 11:12 PM #13
I remember when all I had to do was play 'make believe' and play with my friends and action figures.

Now... I have PC games.

I miss the old days.
2005-04-17, 11:14 PM #14
Well, I have a pretty bad memory myself.. however I remember staying up all hours of the night playing the MotS demo I had got from a magazine demo game CD.. I remember those too..

edit.

My friend and I connected via dial-up and played Decent... I was on a 33.6k and he was on ISDN haha i remember ISDN

I remember when Age of Empires was popular on the zone and hacks came out that gave people like infinite resources. And I sch00led someone that was using them and I wasn't. haha I'll take anyone on
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2005-04-17, 11:16 PM #15
I Miss:

-Playing Quest for Glory half the day in 96 working on the Mages skills hoping to find the third ritual

-I remember when the Internet was serious buisness :)

-I remeber playing JK around '99 and finding the zone.

-I remember when Cartoon Network didn't suck complete ***

-Discovering EQ around 2001. I rue that day as my downfall!
:mad:

-When I made my first webpage around 00 that actually looked good.

I can sucsessfully say I lived a great childhood.
2005-04-17, 11:20 PM #16
- I miss watching old school Transformers, GI Joes, TMNT, He-Man, Thundercats, etc.
2005-04-17, 11:24 PM #17
I miss the days when school was easy and everyone thought you were smart. Then you go to a place like gatech where you feel like a dumb shmuck :(
"The only crime I'm guilty of is love [of china]"
- Ruthven
me clan me mod
2005-04-18, 1:22 AM #18
I miss two year ago, before my friend went into the Air Force and we could hang out every weekend, doing many a fun thing with small ammounts of cash, a car, and all night.

Not too long ago, but damn do I miss it. Good Times.
The tired anthem of a loser and a hypocrite.
2005-04-18, 4:40 AM #19
Quote:
Originally posted by Jdogg0403
Well today, i realized just how amazing the target store really is. I went there on opening day for star wars murchandise and bought every action figure i could find. Today i went there to pick up some household items such as shampoo, soap, and a toothbrush, and as i was browsing i found a copy of jedi knight for 10.00!!! I bought it, and downloaded jhs, jawa dwelling, and a bunch of other favorites. I miss the good old days so much now that i think about it. Post your thoughts/ old memories.

Your sig fails.

http://www.snopes.com/rumors/pentagon.htm

Snopes knows all.
2005-04-18, 5:27 AM #20
I fondly remember:
- The Animaniacs
- Playing that old ninja platformer game with my sister on our old computer. It was called "Buddha" or something. Good times.
- When my dad bought me the full version of One Must Fall and coming this close to beating one of the tournaments
- When my mom was addicted to Crusher Castle and my family played Sierra adventure games together.
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2005-04-18, 5:50 AM #21
Quote:
Originally posted by Rob
Your sig fails.

http://www.snopes.com/rumors/pentagon.htm

Snopes knows all.

Thank you Rob. :)

2005-04-18, 5:56 AM #22
Walmart > Target

dare thee resist the empirE!
2005-04-18, 6:02 AM #23
Quote:
Originally posted by The_Mega_ZZTer
Thank you Rob. :)

Mzzt is welcome.
2005-04-18, 6:30 AM #24
I remember dialing up to my local BBS, Argus, and playing Othello with other BBS people at a whopping 2400 bps on my old 286. actually, I even remember dialing up to a BBS vian an acoustic modem (WarGames style) with my TI 99-4A home computer - that was a great computer.
Real Programmers always confuse Christmas and Halloween because Oct31 == Dec25
2005-04-18, 7:19 AM #25
Quote:
Originally posted by tinny
I miss the days when school was easy and everyone thought you were smart. Then you go to a place like gatech where you feel like a dumb shmuck :(

Amen. Went from a 3.85/4.25 not doing a damn thing in high school, to about a 2.7 and I'm actually trying to do some work.
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2005-04-18, 7:25 AM #26
I remember the Alamo.
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2005-04-18, 8:58 AM #27
I miss summers when i was like 5 or 6 and playing hide and seek for hours until sunset with a lot of friends
nope.
2005-04-18, 8:59 AM #28
I remeber:
-We first updated are old comp. to 1 GB. harddrive and thought that it would take a lot to fill that up.

-The good old days of Deathmatch in Doom, Duke3D, and JK.

-Going to my friend's house every once in a while back in my hometown to play Goldeneye.
No sig.
2005-04-19, 4:23 AM #29
Quote:
Originally posted by Gilgamesh85
I miss:

-when girls were clearly the enemy, except for the cool tomboys

-when my day revolved around 4:00, when Batman TAS would come on after school

-my first multiplayer mayhem in Doom

-my 'state of the art' 486

-running around, playing outside until sunset, then chilling inside with a cool glass of freshie (Kool-Aid competitor)

-When money seemed relatively unimportant

same damn thing except girls weren't the enemy really, though tomboys were so much cooler than the damn wussy girls. they never wanted to hunt frogs and go fishing. too much mud....:rolleyes:
"NAILFACE" - spe

↑ Up to the top!