Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Are you an escaper?
Are you an escaper?
2004-05-01, 1:17 PM #1
The Viridian Room.

If you had checked out the Crimson room, be sure to play this one.

------------------
PWoT, NG, EW: The best sites on the net.

-@%
2004-05-01, 1:19 PM #2
Thanks for the link. Crimson room was fun.

Theres also MOTAS

------------------
WARNING: THIS POST MAY CONTAIN TRACES OF PEANUT!!!
----@%

[This message has been edited by TheJkWhoSaysNi (edited May 01, 2004).]
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2004-05-01, 2:04 PM #3
Done! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

Didn't take me half as long as the crimson room (that hurt my little head!), but creepy...

------------------
If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.
2004-05-01, 2:12 PM #4
Help [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side
2004-05-01, 2:38 PM #5
the term is 'escapee' [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
Saberopus: omfq musical genuis j00 >mozart
Thrawn42689: Mozart = n00b
2004-05-01, 2:47 PM #6
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Service Temporarily Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.29 Server at www.fasco-cs.com Port 80</font>
Damn, this is hard. I can't even get in, much less out!

------------------
Genesis 22:2-5 - And God said unto Abraham "You must kill your son, Isaac." And Abraham said "What? I can't hear you! You'll have to speak into the microphone." And God said "Check, check, check, check. Jerry, can you pull the high end out. I'm getting some hiss up here."
Valuable Life Lesson: Frog + Potato Gun = Blindness

Catalog of Electronic Components - Complete IC data sheets
National Electrical Code® (NEC®) Online - Legal requirements for wiring projects.
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-05-01, 3:02 PM #7
google for "Viridian Room" its everywhere *spooky music*

------------------
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2004-05-01, 3:13 PM #8
Danr! I can 'Almsot feel the dead person's spirit', but i can figure out what to do. Uh, SPOILERS, i guess:
Someone help! I gave the soda bottle, six cards, the medicine bottle (and found the sheet), incense, the lighter, the picture frame, and the two pictures, and i still don't know what to do! I've arranged them so that they will get me 'I can almsot feel the dead preson's spirit' when i strike a tone, but that's it. Please help.

------------------
"No good can ever come from staying with normal people"
-Outlaw Star
"Some people play tennis. I erode the human soul"
-Tycho, Penny Arcade
"I'm a Cannabal-Vegitarian. I will BBQ an employee if there is no veggie option"
-DX:IW
A Knight's Tail
Exile: A Tale of Light in Dark
Scions of Light[/i]
The Never Ending Story Squared[/i]
A Knight's Tail
The Never Ending Story²
"I consume the life essence itself!... Preferably medium rare" - Mauldis

-----@%
2004-05-01, 4:48 PM #9
THE END OF THIS GAME SUCKS
blah seriously. blah
blah
blah

------------------
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2004-05-01, 11:43 PM #10
Keep clicking on the skeleton's left hand to make a key fall out (took me ages), which opens the diary, which allows you to .... well, I'll let you figure it out. Oh, and look under the bin. Ooo! And make sure your beer is cold...!

Hope that gets you going again!

Take it easy

------------------
2004-05-02, 9:33 AM #11
I never completed the first. The first is never end.

------------------
Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2004-05-02, 11:08 AM #12
Well that was odd...

------------------
We are all dying to live, yet living to die...
A slightly more stripy Gee_4ce, and more than just Something British...

Visit the home of Corporal G on the Internets
2004-05-02, 11:37 AM #13
I'm at the point where it says, "Something is still missing..."

------------------
"I can hammer a nail into a piece of wood, but that doesn't make me a carpenter."
"I'm praying for mayhem, I'm praying for tidal waves, I wanna see the ground give way, I wanna watch it all go down..."
2004-05-02, 12:26 PM #14
I can't find the sixth chinese card thing... :/

------------------
Moo.
Moo.
2004-05-02, 12:49 PM #15
Nevermind, just finished it. bleh.

------------------
Moo.
Moo.
2004-05-02, 1:18 PM #16
Ehm i've got all of the items and can't figure out what to do now

SPOILERS.

I've read in a walkthrough that you simply have to select the CD and put it in the case but that just selects the different ones :/

------------------
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by GBK:
2) You statement is lacking any clear structure or grammer. Please add these things.</font>

Sweet irony...
/fluffle
2004-05-02, 1:24 PM #17
Escaped. Very cool.

------------------
"For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."
-Robert Jastrow
"For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."
-Robert Jastrow
2004-05-02, 1:37 PM #18
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by A_Big_Fat_CoW:
I can't find the sixth chinese card thing... :/

</font>

I'm still missing two of those cards and I haven't found the incense someone mentioned before.
"You were probably a result of sabotage."
2004-05-02, 1:59 PM #19
08:49 Jon Del Sesto Very fun! Took me about an hour! Great Job!!!

PWND. I WIN! No walkthroughs!

------------------
I’m not going to die, I’m going to see if I was ever alive. - Spike
It's not your right to decide whether they live or die. They deserve a chance! - Vash
Originally posted by Elana14: i would love a dong like that!
Think while it's still legal.
2004-05-02, 2:02 PM #20
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DogSRoOL:
Quote:
Service Temporarily Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
</font>

Same here.
2004-05-02, 2:15 PM #21
Woooo
This was alot harder than crimson room

------------------
"Just remember -- No matter how bad things get, Northern Minnesota will always be there"
-- Garrison Keeler
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2004-05-02, 2:29 PM #22
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Cloud:
Same here.</font>

Keep hitting F5 until it loads.

And I'm stuck at the part with the green cross thing and the cards.

------------------
Genesis 22:2-5 - And God said unto Abraham "You must kill your son, Isaac." And Abraham said "What? I can't hear you! You'll have to speak into the microphone." And God said "Check, check, check, check. Jerry, can you pull the high end out. I'm getting some hiss up here."

National Electrical Code® (NEC®) Online - Legal requirements for wiring projects.

[This message has been edited by DogSRoOL (edited May 02, 2004).]
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-05-02, 2:34 PM #23
AHHH I started the game over and now it wont let me get the lighter or the sixth card [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif] [http://forums.massassi.net/html/confused.gif]
2004-05-02, 2:37 PM #24
That happened to me, too. Reload the page.

------------------

Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-05-02, 4:27 PM #25
WARNING, SPOILERS

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DogSRoOL:
Keep hitting F5 until it loads.

And I'm stuck at the part with the green cross thing and the cards.

</font>

You have to map out the numbers, then the symbols, then put it all together and put the symbols in the right place. Map out the symbols with the paper w/ hair on it.

As for the CD, look at the Case closely, select the cd, open the case, then put the CD in.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-05-02, 4:38 PM #26
AAARRRGGG!!!! SPOILERS
I CAN'T PICK UP THE FRELLING TRACH CAN! I had to restrat since i turned of my comp, and now i have everything, even mroe then i did before, but i can't for the life of me pick up the trash can to get the lighter. what did i do wrong?

And what do you mean by mapping the figures. i get this shape referring to the figures on the sheet:

Code:
   _ _
 _IxI_I_
I_IxI_I_I
I_IxIxI_I
  IxIxI

And what's this about the black hair?

And i suck, don't I?

------------------
-Outlaw Star
-Tycho, Penny Arcade
"I'm a Cannabal-Vegitarian. I will BBQ an employee if there is no veggie option"
A Knight's Tail
Scions of Light[/i]

[This message has been edited by Noble Outlaw (edited May 02, 2004).]
A Knight's Tail
The Never Ending Story²

-----@%
2004-05-02, 5:54 PM #27
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Noble Outlaw:
I CAN'T PICK UP THE FRELLING TRACH CAN! I had to restrat since i turned of my comp, and now i have everything, even mroe then i did before, but i can't for the life of me pick up the trash can to get the lighter. what did i do wrong?

And what's this about the black hair?

And i suck, don't I?

</font>

the game messed up with the trash can problem (it happend to me too) and you'll understand the hair thing once you get the lighter again
2004-05-02, 5:57 PM #28
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dj Yoshi:
You have to map out the numbers, then the symbols, then put it all together and put the symbols in the right place. Map out the symbols with the paper w/ hair on it.</font>
That really told me nothing new. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------

Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-05-02, 8:57 PM #29
SPOILERS
You burn the hair, then the paper it came on, it shows you where to put the 6 chinese symbols on the opened out die.

Enjoy!

------------------
2004-05-03, 8:26 AM #30
Canb't pick up the trash can.. this game sucks.

------------------
Have a good one,
Freelancer
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2004-05-04, 2:36 AM #31
me agrees

------------------
"Whats your name"
Cody
"No, whats your real name"
Arkon............
Proud member of the Co-op
Flipsides crackers are the best crackers to have ever existed
2004-05-04, 6:48 AM #32
Yes its annoying me because some of the stuff doesn't work as said in a walkthrough :/

I think you have to select the paper with hair, then try to look all the way round the room, then get to the bin again and try liftin it then.

------------------
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by GBK:
2) You statement is lacking any clear structure or grammer. Please add these things.</font>

Sweet irony...
/fluffle
2004-05-04, 7:51 AM #33
You have to click on the fridge, open it and then close it to be able to pick up the garbage can.
2004-05-04, 10:56 AM #34
No, that's how you get to the trashcan. picking it up is anouther matter entirely, and i'm pretty sure it involves luck.

------------------
-Outlaw Star
-Tycho, Penny Arcade
A Knight's Tail
Scions of Light[/i]
A Knight's Tail
The Never Ending Story²

-----@%
2004-05-04, 12:42 PM #35
I reckon (having just flown through it again), it's a case of having looked at all the items, not just used a walkthrough maybe? Or maybe it's timed...

------------------
2004-05-04, 1:53 PM #36
-WARNING-
The following is my own brief walkthrough of Viridian Room. If you wish to beat the game on your own: DON'T READ BELOW! I highly suggest you beat it on your own. The game is far more rewarding this way. Only use this FAQ/walkthrough if you're ABSOLUTELY stuck. Thanks.

Contents:
1 - Symbol 1
2 - Symbol 2
3 - Symbol 3 and Incense
4 - Symbols 4 and 5
5 - Symbol 6, Hair-paper, and Lighter.
6 - Pill Container and Key
7 - Combination and CD
8 - Combination: CD and Case
9 - Red Sheet, Lock, Combination: Hair and Lighter, Symbol Game 1
10 - Combine: Pill Container and Symbol Game 1
11 - Combine: Paper Fold and Symbol Game 2, and Soul Box
12 - End Game

Index
1 - Things to remember
2 - Bugs
3 - Cool Stuff
4 - Closing Comments

When beginning, click left and grab the shoes. There's a Chinese symbol beneath them. Take it.

Next, click on the pillows on the left of the screen. Get the symbol under these.

Next, turn left. Click on the shelf. Click on the top shelf. Click left. Grab the card. Click right, then right again. Grab the insence.

Click out of the shelf, then click left on the blue door once. You should be able to see the red blanket, the blue cabinet, and the door. Click on the very gray edge of the lamp. In the upper left hand corner is the next card. In the background, on the wall, you should see another card.

Click on the fridge. There's a beer can within, and a plate of rotten meat. Ignore the can for now. Click on the meet to retrieve the final symbol. Close the fridge. There's a garbage can behind the fridge. Click on it. Get the hair from inside. Leave the trashcan. Go back to the fridge, open and close the fridge, click on the trashcan. Underneath, there is a lighter. Some people can't seem to get the lighter sometimes. If this happens, restart.

Turn towards the black cabinet again. Click on the red blanket. Pull back the blanket. Click on the skeleton. Click towards the left. Take the pill container from his right hand. Repeatedly click on his left hand as he drops a key just below his wrist. Take the key.

Take the red book off the shelf. Click on the key, and use it to open the book. Find a date in the book which tells of the main character having his bike stolen. The date at the top of the page is what you need to remember. The month date first, usually 04 or 05, and the date, which is always different. This will give you a four-digit number. Click to the very back of the journal in order to find the CD.

Examine the CD case. Open the case by clicking on it. Select the CD. Click the open CD case. Close the case.

Go back to the skeleton. Click on the red sheet at his knees. You will have now obtained the red sheet. Click on his feet. Enter the date into the lock combination. first the month number, than the day number. Once the correct number has been entered, examine the hair you received from the trashcan. Select the lighter, but don't examine it. Click either on the lighter, or the hair until dice symbols clearly appear on the parchment. Write these symbols on a piece of paper. square formation lacking corner squares is the design. 6 of these squares will be colored in.

Examine the pill container. Click on the cap. Take out the pills, and finally the parchment. You should be able to make out which symbols you have without examining them. Find on the parchment (The one you wrote down) which symbols signify which dice number. Your symbols should make a 2 by 3 matrix (table) at the top right of your inventory. Instead of attempting to remember which symbol is which number, draw on your paper a 2 by 6 grid matrix. In each box, place the number that the corresponding symbol represents.

Once you've finished with that, examine the red sheet. Click on it until the box-foldings appears. Notice how each side of the soon-to-be box have die numbers on them? Examine the green foldings and select 1,1 from the grid-matrix. Look on your drawing to see which die number it corresponds with. Now click on that die number in the green folding. Continue this until you've finished. If you make a mistake, click on the symbol that is incorrect, and start over. If for some reason, it doesn't work and you think you've got all of your symbols in order, recheck the pill containers page in correspondence with your first drawing of the burnt paper.

Once you've completed the box, it's time to build "The Shrine."

Go to the lower shelf. Select the insentce. Click on the shelf. Select the CD case with CD. Click on the shelf. Select the incentse. Click on the incentse. Turn away from the shrine, and retrieve the chilled Beer from the fridge. Place it onto the shrine. Ring the shrine bell, and you win.

Index:

The Beer must be chilled, not slightly cool, or unchilled, but chilled.
The incentse must be burning when you ring the bell.
The bike lock must be off of his legs when you ring the bell.
You must have the soul-box.
The Picture-frame is useless, as are the pictures within the yellow book in the lower portion of the cabinet. Placing them on the shrine will most likely cause you to have to let the beer chill again (2 or 3 clicks elsewhere.) or relight your insentse, which in turn causes the beer to warm up.

Can't lift trashcan.
Can't get key.
Black screen before Viridian even loads.
Can't click on light in beginning of the game.
Can't get red cloth.
Still missing something when the Beer is Chilled, the incentse are burning, and all items are on the table.

In any of the above situations: Restart Viridian. Sometimes you might have to restart multiple times in order for the game to behave properly. People playing the game a second time may experience these issues more than people playing for the first time. Restart your computer if you absolutely can't get past the first black screen.

Sound capture the voice when attempting to exit the room. Play the sound backwards for a hint for the game.
Even if you can't see something on screen, a change in music will tell you that you're where you really shouldn't be... there's a required object around you.
A picture frame is below the red shelf, and 2 pictures are within the yellow book in the lower portion of the cabinet. The pictures can be placed into the picture-frame and placed on the shrine. Most likely, this was a complex trick, as you can place the male or female picture frame into the frame, as well as the empty frame. Not to mention, trying to place the frame on after the CD case won't work. The combinations possible when including the picture frame may throw some gamers off.

Lastly, I'd like to point out: I did this all without a FAQ or walkthrough in less than 10 minutes. It's really not that hard, as long as you think outside of the box. And even then: Where would YOU look in your room? Under, over, within, outside, etc. The only time you really need to think is with the symbol placement, and even then, it's pretty much common sense.

JediKirby

------------------
"I was driving along listening to the radio, when Judas Priest comes on. It was 'You've got another thing coming.' All of a sudden, I enter 'VICE CITY RAMAGE MODE' and nearly ran some guy over"
- ]-[ellequin

[This message has been edited by jEDIkIRBY (edited May 04, 2004).]
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ

↑ Up to the top!