Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Kathleen Edwards "Back to Me" album cover--have I seen this before.
Kathleen Edwards "Back to Me" album cover--have I seen this before.
2005-04-19, 11:17 PM #1
Okay, so I downloaded the free iTunes song a couple weeks ago, and it was from the 'new' Kathleen Edwards music album. However, after I downloaded the song, I took a look at the album art, and I had the weirdest sense of deja vu ever. I could've sworn that I had seen the exact same picture on another album awhile ago (long before this album's March 2005 release date). Here is the image (not sure if I can/should post the actual image here):

http://www.rounder.com/images/album/ZOE/ZOE1047_Cover.jpg

Has this same picture been used somewhere else? Or am I remembering some sorta extremely similar picture that was the cover art for some completely unrelated album?
SPOOKY TACO FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!
2005-04-19, 11:21 PM #2
Well, I dunno, but it seems to be referencing a classic piece of art, the name of which I cannot recall. Its a girl, sitting in a field of tall grass, looking back at a house in the distance. Pretty much just like that except farther away and flipped around. And it's a painting.
Warhead[97]
2005-04-20, 7:26 AM #3
Yes it is a painting, no I can't remember the name.

The big deal in said painting was that the girl is disabled, and cannot walk.
http://www.jedilegacy.net/gonk/
2005-04-20, 8:05 AM #4
Quote:
Originally posted by Gonk
Yes it is a painting, no I can't remember the name.

The big deal in said painting was that the girl is disabled, and cannot walk.

OMG LOLLERSKATES ARE THE WOW SERVERS DOWN ROFLCOPTER?

(Sorry, couldn't resist poking fun)
2005-04-22, 8:09 AM #5
I believe the artist is NC Wyeth. If not, it's one of the Wyeths. I think.
TAKES HINTS JUST FINE, STILL DOESN'T CARE
2005-04-22, 8:42 AM #6
Christina's World by Andrew Wyeth
Warhead[97]

↑ Up to the top!