Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Schematics for Data (TNG)
Schematics for Data (TNG)
2005-04-20, 10:47 AM #1
My friend is looking for schematics of Data, but is having no luck. Anyone have any ideas where some might be found?
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-04-20, 11:03 AM #2
The 24th century?

<_<
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2005-04-20, 11:07 AM #3
You can buy books packed with that sorta stuff.

2005-04-20, 11:49 AM #4
Unfortunately, she probably wouldn't get too much use out it past this semester - she's currently taking a course on Star Trek physics.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-04-20, 11:52 AM #5
Quote:
Originally posted by Wolfy
course on Star Trek physics.

What.... The... Heck... :eek: :eek: :confused:
2005-04-20, 12:02 PM #6
Yeah, she's an English major at a small university, so they have bullsquid courses like that.
2005-04-20, 12:22 PM #7
so is she looking for employment in the Warp Core Engineering industry or something?

i hear its pretty lucrative, good pay and the likes.
2005-04-20, 12:23 PM #8
I don't think I've ever heard of a schematic of him. I wouldn't mind taking a look if you run across something.
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2005-04-20, 12:33 PM #9
i see what people mean abotu backwater schools
Laughing at my spelling herts my feelings. Well laughing is fine actully, but posting about it is not.
2005-04-20, 12:48 PM #10
i want to go to that school!!!
"*quickly adds in disclaimer that Is may still yet end up being slapped with a white glove, as all women are crazy and there are no rules*" --mavispoo
2005-04-20, 12:53 PM #11
I remember hearing that his brain runs at about 80 teraflops, with something like 80 exabytes of memory. So all we need are the right programs for Blue Gene/L :em321:
Stuff
2005-04-20, 2:03 PM #12
Schematics of data? He's a fictional android! Why would there be circuit diagrams of him?
nope.
2005-04-20, 2:57 PM #13
Look at all the Star Wars books that go into detail on that kinda stuff... :)
2005-04-20, 3:14 PM #14
physics... of... star... trek... how do you get a degree to teach that class? And how do you get a degree out of taking that class? WTF!? *Head Explodes*
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-04-20, 5:23 PM #15
Considering that Noonian Soong (Data's creator) and Data are supposedly the only people in the galaxy who ever created a positronic brain, I doubt anyone in this century is gonna sketch one.
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2005-04-20, 6:28 PM #16
I have a book entitled "Physics of Star Trek"

I'll skim through it and if it mentions anything about Data, I'll transcribe it.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2005-04-20, 6:57 PM #17
Code:
 O
/|\
/ \
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2005-04-20, 7:00 PM #18
Quote:
Originally posted by happydud
I have a book entitled "Physics of Star Trek"

I have the same book, also the sequel. Neither mentions Data in any significant way.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2005-04-20, 7:37 PM #19
Let me get this all straight. You're a starwars nerd on a starwars website looking for the schematics to a fake holographic computer in a sequel to a book from a show about the science of a poorly acted space-drama that has somehow managed to prolong it's death long enough to allow countless die-hard fans to permeate it's pseudo-science fantasy in a university setting of which they're paying 40,000 dollars a year to attend?

*flatline*
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-04-20, 7:47 PM #20
Also, Star Trek IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE BIRTH OF SLASH.
2005-04-20, 7:51 PM #21
Quote:
Originally posted by jEDIkIRBY
Let me get this all straight. You're a starwars nerd on a starwars website looking for the schematics to a fake holographic computer in a sequel to a book from a show about the science of a poorly acted space-drama that has somehow managed to prolong it's death long enough to allow countless die-hard fans to permeate it's pseudo-science fantasy in a university setting of which they're paying 40,000 dollars a year to attend?

*flatline*

Craaaap.

Clear!

Bzzt.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2005-04-20, 9:21 PM #22
Quote:
Let me get this all straight. You're a starwars nerd on a starwars website looking for the schematics to a fake holographic computer

Data was an android, not a hologram. If you are going to insult something, atleast get the facts straight.

Okay. I don't think schematics are avalible. But there is Data's disembodied head in a cavern somewhere near San Francisco. It was left there in the 1800s. I bet your friend gets super extra credit if they bring that in.
In Pride,
--Hinch
I had a disclaimer here, but the man said it was too long.
2005-04-21, 1:09 AM #23
Quote:
Originally posted by hinch1
Okay. I don't think schematics are avalible. But there is Data's disembodied head in a cavern somewhere near San Francisco. It was left there in the 1800s. I bet your friend gets super extra credit if they bring that in.

But you've got to put it back when you're done so that Picard can get his message to the future to [edit: not] fire the phasers at that nest thing. Have to say, I think that was possibly my favourite episode of TNG.

And to all of you who aren't being sarcastic when complaining you can get a course in this - you might not have noticed that it's for an English course. [Seriously, it's getting harder and harder to tell when people are joking around here.]
2005-04-21, 3:13 AM #24
Quote:
Originally posted by Evil_Giraffe
But you've got to put it back when you're done so that Picard can get his message to the future to [edit: not] fire the phasers at that nest thing. Have to say, I think that was possibly my favourite episode of TNG.

Good point. Put it back!
In Pride,
--Hinch
2005-04-21, 5:58 PM #25
SW > Star Trek.

Hee hee. *lurks off* :em321:
2005-04-21, 6:45 PM #26
And about Star Trek being poorly acted, only the original series was. Patrick Stewart is an awesome actor.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2005-04-21, 6:48 PM #27
Quote:
Originally posted by DeTRiTiC-iQ
And about Star Trek being poorly acted, only the original series was. Patrick Stewart is an awesome actor.

Well look at the differences in the budgets... That right there can account for quite a bit. ;)
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2005-04-21, 7:07 PM #28
Star Trek was the bread and butter of my childhood...
"The funniest thing about time is when it doesn't. I'll leave you hanging there for the moment, and let you age while the shadows don't lengthen, if you see what I mean." ~~Steven Brust
2005-04-21, 7:30 PM #29
Quote:
Originally posted by DeTRiTiC-iQ

Have you even seen the first season? Ha HA. There are so many stupid moments in that season.
2005-04-21, 8:12 PM #30
Yes I have, and the period of a cast getting used to a role does not equate to bad acting, the later seasons more than made up for it
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2005-04-21, 8:25 PM #31
Oh, I wholeheartedly agree with the last bit of your statement. But that doesn't mean that the first season didn't have some really, really bad writing and, at many times, mediocre acting.
2005-04-22, 12:50 AM #32
Quote:
Originally posted by Wolfy
Oh, I wholeheartedly agree with the last bit of your statement. But that doesn't mean that the first season didn't have some really, really bad writing and, at many times, mediocre acting.

I loved the first episode. The best cheesy line from any series ever was "Note in ship's log that at this startime, I am transferring command to the Battle Bridge." *The Turbolift doors close dramatically on the bridge crew...including Dianna Troi, for whatever reason they need the ship's counsellor in the Stardrive section*

I love that. In a manor of speaking, that was the ultraviolence (little bit of gold in anotherwise poor story) of the entire first season. I felt that the first season of TNG tried to be too like TOS, and it was never going to be like it. Seems when they accepted that they were going to be unique, thats when things started to feel right.
In Pride,
--Hinch
2005-04-22, 3:15 AM #33
Quote:
...in a university setting of which they're paying 40,000 dollars a year to attend?

I somewhat doubt that a school offering such a course demands $40k a year.
omnia mea mecum porto

↑ Up to the top!