Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Help save Toby
Help save Toby
2005-04-20, 6:38 PM #1
http://www.savetoby.com/

What a way to make money.
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2005-04-20, 6:44 PM #2
WTF?
Pissed Off?
2005-04-20, 6:45 PM #3
I do not negotiate with terrorists.
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2005-04-20, 6:46 PM #4
omg save the bunnez!
You...................................
.................................................. ........
.................................................. ....rock!
2005-04-20, 6:52 PM #5
My time machine invention finally worked! I've gone back in time!!! Here's some news from the future: Kerry Loses, Red Sox Win, Pope Dies. You heard it here first.
Real Programmers always confuse Christmas and Halloween because Oct31 == Dec25
2005-04-20, 7:02 PM #6
omg, my friend told me about this at school today. what sick world:p
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
2005-04-20, 7:06 PM #7
old newz :p

http://forums.massassi.net/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30793&highlight=toby
Sam: "Sir we can't call it 'The Enterprise'"
Jack: "Why not!"
2005-04-20, 7:16 PM #8
Yep, old news. My friend was talking about it today on the bus. He said he was gunna try this stunt, somehow. I doubt he will though.
Very funny Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.
2005-04-20, 7:17 PM #9
Very old news. There's already a rip at [url]www.savebogey.com[/url] (my friend's friend is doing this, says he copied the same HTML source and everything, just made a few changes.)
2005-04-20, 7:25 PM #10
There are a million versions of this. None of them are REAL either, since it's illegal. They're pretty much jokes anyway, and any money made is on merch.

JediKirby
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-04-20, 8:48 PM #11
How is it illegal?
Warhead[97]
2005-04-20, 8:54 PM #12
Quote:
Originally posted by BobTheMasher
How is it illegal?

I'd like to hear the answer to that as well. And a thread I started was cited as the old newz proof. Cool! :p
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2005-04-20, 8:59 PM #13
It's fraud.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2005-04-20, 9:07 PM #14
It's only fraud if he doesn't really intend to eat the rabbit. The only way to prove that is if he does fails to eat the critter if the designated ammount is not raised by the deadline.

ARE YOU WILLING TO TAKE THE CHANCE? SAVE TOBY NOW!!!
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2005-04-20, 9:21 PM #15
Anyway, would it be fraud if he, hypothetically, was really serious about this, but was so touched by the donations even though they didn't reach his requirements, that he decided not to eat Toby? Is that fraud?

OR DO YOU JUST HATE ANIMALS?
Warhead[97]
2005-04-21, 12:49 AM #16

Do you people deliberately go through two months of threads to find out if a topic has already been covered just so you can make that post? It certainly feels like it.
Xbox Live/PlayStation Network/Steam: tone217
http://twitter.com/ourmatetone
2005-04-21, 1:13 AM #17
What if he only gets $49 000, will he eat the rabbit and keep the money? How will he give the money back?

Hmmm... its not worth the risk, i better just pay up :o
My blog! http://rpg-rant.blogspot.com/
2005-04-21, 5:49 AM #18
Quote:
Originally posted by AKPiggott
Do you people deliberately go through two months of threads to find out if a topic has already been covered just so you can make that post? It certainly feels like it.

Well I remember the last time it was posted, so I was thinking about pointing it out. The search function doesn't take long either.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2005-04-21, 5:54 AM #19
But then of course people get flamed for bumping up old topics too. Catch-22!
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2005-04-21, 6:32 AM #20
the worst part is that he's already halfway to his goal (almost) but theres only a little while left!
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2005-04-21, 6:45 AM #21
Ummm..... Just to clear this whole thing up: The donations and the $24,000 is all a joke. First: The graphic that reports his to-date earnings is simply a static image file on his server. Secondly, and more importantly: You can't donate money! You click the donation link and it takes you to a PayPal error page. How is this guy supposed to have raised $24k without having a working paypal link?

I'm sure he's making tons of money with his cafepress site selling savetoby.com merchandise. Quite an ingenious business model if you ask me: Make a shock web site that garners te attention of the entire internet, design crappy clothes that no one would buy under normal circumstances, sell them to netizens with disposeable income who can't resist having a t-shirt or baseball cap for each and every internet fad that comes allong, profit!
Real Programmers always confuse Christmas and Halloween because Oct31 == Dec25
2005-04-21, 10:07 AM #22
Quote:
Originally posted by TimeWolfOfThePast
But then of course people get flamed for bumping up old topics too. Catch-22!

In the days of old though, not just on this board, it used to be common to have a few threads activate discussing the same topic. Now you just get daft comments thrown at you if you so much as tread ground that was covered in the last few months.
Xbox Live/PlayStation Network/Steam: tone217
http://twitter.com/ourmatetone
2005-04-21, 3:16 PM #23
The old newz posts are irritating. By that I mean the people who post "old newz". I just found it humorous that my thread became an "old newz" thread.

2005-04-21, 5:44 PM #24
Actually, I find it nice to look through the "old newz" thread. That way an argument/post from that thread could be used in the new one.

(anyway, I just wanted to post "old newz" at least once, since I never do anything like that.)

[edit] I should clarify, posts that just say "old newz" are annoying. When the poster includes the address for people to look at, then I don't mind as much. [/edit]
Sam: "Sir we can't call it 'The Enterprise'"
Jack: "Why not!"
2005-04-22, 6:58 AM #25
You reckon I could get the rabbit if I give him the $50000? He's sooo cute, awwwww...:D
nope.
2005-04-22, 12:28 PM #26
Hahaha, the account is frozen. What the idiot should of done was begin transferring the money to his savings account immediately as it was coming into his Pay Pal, keep track of how much is going in and post it on the site.
I can't think of anything to put here right now.

↑ Up to the top!