Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → =)
=)
2005-04-20, 10:36 PM #1
I have five left...anybody want to drop by? :p

:)
woot!
2005-04-20, 10:38 PM #2
Budweiser? My neighbor has a cat who's piss I can drink, so I'll save the trip.
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2005-04-20, 10:39 PM #3
See I do want to get drunk, but I most likely don't live near you.

and btw wtf is wrong with the clock? It says its 7:39 PM Pacific Time, yet it is 10:39.
My New Website
I AM CANADIAN! And you're not!

I'm a Ninja... A Kawaski Ninja

Get Firefox!
2005-04-20, 10:41 PM #4
Quote:
Originally posted by Flexor
Budweiser? My neighbor has a cat who's piss I can drink, so I'll save the trip.

*shrug* Have you had it before, or just Bud/Bud Light?

I like Budweiser Select and Michelob Ultra..I'll drink Busch Light, but I'm not too fond of Honey Brown/etc.

I'm not a big drinker, so I'm not familiar with everything..but I do like this. It doesn't have the 'bite' that Busch Light has.

In my entire life, I've probably ingested the equivelant of a 12pack -- or less. :p
woot!
2005-04-20, 10:45 PM #5
CadetLee: You must come out here and drink a Red Trolley from Karl Strauss Brewery. That or San Marcos Brewery's amber ale.

Mmmmghghghghg.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2005-04-20, 10:49 PM #6
I've yet to drink a beer that didnt taste like the same piss water as all the others.
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2005-04-20, 10:59 PM #7
Quote:
Originally posted by KOP_Snake
I've yet to drink a beer that didnt taste like the same piss water as all the others.

Some people like it, some people don't..

Do you like wine...liquor..?
woot!
2005-04-20, 11:08 PM #8
Quote:
Originally posted by JediGandalf
CadetLee: You must come out here and drink a Red Trolley from Karl Strauss Brewery. That or San Marcos Brewery's amber ale.

Mmmmghghghghg.

Dude, I'm a whole lot closer and even get down to the southern part of the state once in a while.

Haven't tried Budweiser Select yet. Maybe I'll grab a six pack this weekend.
Pissed Off?
2005-04-20, 11:09 PM #9
Quote:
Originally posted by CadetLee
*shrug* Have you had it before, or just Bud/Bud Light?

Oh, I've had them all. I have friends who force me to drink that stuff. Not if I'm there when they order the pitcher, though.
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2005-04-20, 11:15 PM #10
Quote:
Oh, I've had them all. I have friends who force me to drink that stuff. Not if I'm there when they order the pitcher, though.

What do you prefer? I don't like Honeybrown (too heavy)..any recommendations?
woot!
2005-04-20, 11:15 PM #11
Dude... what are you doing drinking on a wednesday night? :p

I wish it to be known that I completely condone such activities.
Stuff
2005-04-20, 11:18 PM #12
*tips his Blue in kyle's general direction*
2005-04-20, 11:18 PM #13
Quote:
What do you prefer? I don't like Honeybrown (too heavy)..any recommendations?

Probably something canadian or european. Boreale is my personal favorite beer ever, but you probably won't find that in the US. Fin du monde is great too.
2005-04-20, 11:20 PM #14
Quote:
Originally posted by kyle90
Dude... what are you doing drinking on a wednesday night? :p

I wish it to be known that I completely condone such activities.

I drank one.. :p

I have class in less than six hours. I should be sleeping.

Flex: I haven't seen either of those here.. :(
woot!
2005-04-20, 11:25 PM #15
Quote:
Boreale is my personal favorite beer ever, but you probably won't find that in the US.

Ha! I have a hard enough time finding it here! :p

I don't have a favourite beer, seeing as there's quite a few that I enjoy. Blanche de Chambly, Maudite, Blue, Black Label (sometimes), St-Hubert, U, U2, Tremblay, Rickards' Pale, Honey Brown and Red, Sleeman Silver...

*sips his Blue*
2005-04-20, 11:28 PM #16
Budweiser isn't really a bad beer...
>>untie shoes
2005-04-20, 11:37 PM #17
Quote:
Originally posted by Avenger
Dude, I'm a whole lot closer and even get down to the southern part of the state once in a while.

Haven't tried Budweiser Select yet. Maybe I'll grab a six pack this weekend.

Well then you get your *** down here and we'll both share very good beers. :p
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2005-04-20, 11:38 PM #18
Ah yes, I forgot rickard's red! Good stuff.
2005-04-21, 4:07 AM #19
yuck....I agree beer=piss-vodka or rum is the only way to go...
2005-04-21, 4:14 AM #20
I love beer.

That is all.
2005-04-21, 4:24 PM #21
I had some Prague Pilsner made that was very nice. Sleeman Cream Ale really hits the spot too. And of course I can't forget Alexander Keith's:). It's my pub/bar beer of choice.
2005-04-21, 6:47 PM #22
Beer > Liquor.

It's what separates the men from the pansies.
D E A T H
2005-04-21, 9:01 PM #23
liqour>beer.
real men are rum drinkerz
omg o luv rum sooooo much:D
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
2005-04-21, 9:07 PM #24
Quote:
Originally posted by Ewoklover
liqour>beer.
real men are rum drinkerz
omg o luv rum sooooo much:D

My mom is a rum drinker. Therefore, you are no more a real man than my mom.
2005-04-21, 9:40 PM #25
If anyone ever gets the chance, try Leinenkugels Creamy Dark, made exclusively in Wisconsin. It is by far my beer of choice.
"Honey, you got real ugly."
2005-04-21, 9:42 PM #26
Quote:
Originally posted by Shintock
My mom is a rum drinker. Therefore, you are no more a real man than my mom.

Maybe your mom is manly instead.
You...................................
.................................................. ........
.................................................. ....rock!
2005-04-21, 9:48 PM #27
*shudder*
2005-04-22, 7:31 AM #28
I'm a big fan of Oatmeal Stout right now... and Budweiser = crap, I dont care if they come out with a new label that calls it something cooler.
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2005-04-22, 7:54 AM #29
Until you drink whiskey straight from the bottle, no chaser, you beer drinkers have no room to call liquor drinkers wusses. Case closed.

[Edit: And I'm not talking about once, I'm talking about it being the regular means of getting drunk.]
TAKES HINTS JUST FINE, STILL DOESN'T CARE
2005-04-22, 9:13 AM #30
thinking back, the only taste I've ever liked is rum, but that was only a flavouring of it, I've no idea what it really tastes like, otherwise I can't stand alcohol and completely disagree with it.
Sneaky sneaks. I'm actually a werewolf. Woof.
2005-04-22, 9:45 AM #31
I like Bud Light. Not a fan of regular Bud, though. Bud Select, tried a six pack. Seemed watered down. Same with Michelob Ultra (although I've bought this one a little more often). Really, most American domestics, the mass produced and cheaper ones, are not all that great. They may seem to taste better when one is really in the mood for one (or six) and when consumed very cold. Generally, the "light" beers seem to have a better taste and contrary to popular belief they contain the same ammount of alcohol as their "non-lite" counter parts.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2005-04-22, 9:56 AM #32
In America, in order to get a good beer, you have to find a good microbrewery. Some larger breweries, such as Kansas City's Boulevard make good beers, but the best beers are made locally. Boulevard Unfiltered Wheat is definately the best semi-mass produced beer.

Locally, Flat Branch Honeywheat and Pale Ale beers are great. Though the Pale Ale has a bit more bite than I like.

As for macro-brewed beers, Budweiser, Michelob, Coors etc. are downright bad. Decent macro-brewed beers include Killian's Irish Red, Red Stripe, and Guiness.

But the best beer I've had by far is some sort of Belgian beer that comes in what looks like a wine bottle. $9 per bottle, but the stuff is amazing. I had some at a party I went to, and haven't had any since. Supposedly, one of the local liquor stores sells it. I don't remember the name, but it was good.
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2005-04-22, 2:40 PM #33
Quote:
Originally posted by Zuljin
Until you drink whiskey straight from the bottle, no chaser, you beer drinkers have no room to call liquor drinkers wusses. Case closed.

[Edit: And I'm not talking about once, I'm talking about it being the regular means of getting drunk.]

But I don't drink to get drunk. I just drink to relax, every once in a while. Once in a GREAT while. So there's no reason for me to drink whiskey straight.
D E A T H
2005-04-22, 3:07 PM #34
I don't consider myself a huge drinker - but I drink from the bottle more often than I drink mixed drinks. Usually with a chaser, but most definitly not all the time :P

Has anyone tried the new beers that are fused with gurana, that caffeine type thing? I think the molson one is called "Shock", but there are a few others. Those things sound so awesome to me, but I never seem to remember to try them :(
2005-04-22, 9:24 PM #35
You misunderstand what I meant. You can drink it to relax too. I like the taste of whiskey, and I'll drink it from the bottle or on the rocks. Doesn't bother me at all. Yeah, I drink to relax but at the end of the night, someone's getting drunk. And that someone is usually me.
TAKES HINTS JUST FINE, STILL DOESN'T CARE
2005-04-22, 9:29 PM #36
Quote:
Originally posted by Wookie06
Generally, the "light" beers seem to have a better taste and contrary to popular belief they contain the same ammount of alcohol as their "non-lite" counter parts.

Better lay back on the light beer there, buddy.

Bud has a 5% alcohol content by volume. Bud light is 4%.

Molson Ex is 5%. Molson Ex light is 4%.

Labatt Blue is 5%. Labatt Blue Light is 4%.

They're not called "light" because they taste better to some people. They're called "light" because they have less alcohol in them.
2005-04-22, 11:33 PM #37
Quote:
Originally posted by Shintock
Better lay back on the light beer there, buddy.

Bud has a 5% alcohol content by volume. Bud light is 4%.

Molson Ex is 5%. Molson Ex light is 4%.

Labatt Blue is 5%. Labatt Blue Light is 4%.

They're not called "light" because they taste better to some people. They're called "light" because they have less alcohol in them.

Anheuser-Busch tends to focus on the calorie aspect.. :p

Bud Light - Introduced nationally in 1982, Bud Light is brewed with a malt and hops ratio different from Budweiser for a distinctively crisp taste with fewer calories.

Bud Dry - Introduced in 1989, the first Dry-Brewed beer produced by an American brewer. The lengthier brewing process results in lighter body and less-sweet taste, with fewer calories than Budweiser.

Bud Ice Light
Bud Ice Light - Introduced in 1994, Bud Ice Light has fewer calories (only 112 calories per 12-ounce serving) than Bud Ice.

Natural Light - Naturally brewed and less filling, low-calorie Natural Light was introduced in 1977.

So..perhaps you weren't /entirely/ correct. :)
woot!
2005-04-23, 1:07 AM #38
Banned for posting drunk.
http://www.jedilegacy.net/gonk/
2005-04-23, 8:56 AM #39
Quote:
Anheuser-Busch tends to focus on the calorie aspect.. :p

Ok, but do they still contain the same amount of alcohol though? Here in Canada, they don't. Dry > Regular > Lite, and you won't find a domestic beer here that doesn't respect that, Budweiser included.
2005-04-23, 9:04 AM #40
Yea, Select is pretty good. I picked up two 12 packs a couple weeks ago. I might replace that as my drink of choice opposed to bud light.
I'm turning into my parents, a huge Rolling Rock fan. That is really good! It's an excellent relaxing beer, and still works as a good mess ya up drink :)

↑ Up to the top!