Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Copy of Jedi Knight
Copy of Jedi Knight
2005-04-20, 11:59 PM #1
I have a new copy of Jedi Knight, Dark Forces 2 that im willing to give to somebody, within the US only. It came from the Jedi Outcast Tin Box set. Its just the jewel case with the manual and two CD's inside, I dont have a box or anything. I only took off the plastic wrapping two seconds ago to see if there was a manual inside, there is. The two CD's have never even been popped out of the case. Send me a PM saying why you need it and i'll ship it to you for free. Consider it a contest, and a small effort to keep the JK community going.

Please only do this if you dont already have the game and have a legitimate interest in owning it and playing it, or if your copy is damaged and you want to get back into it, whatever.

Well, have at it.

By the way, once somebody claims it you still have to wait until I can get around to shipping it. Probably will be very soon anyway, but you never know so dont ***** at me about it :p
2005-04-21, 12:45 AM #2
Why don't you just sell it on eBay?
Xbox Live/PlayStation Network/Steam: tone217
http://twitter.com/ourmatetone
2005-04-21, 9:07 AM #3
Didn't that come with an XP friendly Dark Forces?

IF SO, I'd be interested in that.
2005-04-21, 9:37 AM #4
JK is dead as disco.
2005-04-21, 1:23 PM #5
DISCO WILL NEVER DIE AS LONG AS I HAVE THE FEVER!
2005-04-21, 3:11 PM #6
Quote:
Originally posted by Vincent Valentine
JK is dead as disco.
That's what you think :p
May the mass times acceleration be with you.
2005-04-21, 3:21 PM #7
Quote:
Originally posted by Rob
Didn't that come with an XP friendly Dark Forces?

IF SO, I'd be interested in that.

I don't believe so. It did come with a so-called Windows 95/98 version but I had to do the same ammount of tweaking to get it to run on my ME machine as I did the original version.

Funny, I just cracked open my JO tin and the JK CD is still in there. Sealed. Never had a reason to open it.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2005-04-21, 3:24 PM #8
Quote:
Originally posted by Wookie06
I don't believe so. It did come with a so-called Windows 95/98 version but I had to do the same ammount of tweaking to get it to run on my ME machine as I did the original version.

Funny, I just cracked open my JO tin and the JK CD is still in there. Sealed. Never had a reason to open it.

Works fine on XP if I recall correctly. The problem your having is that your using ME. ;)
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2005-04-21, 3:30 PM #9
Quote:
Originally posted by Sol
Works fine on XP if I recall correctly. The problem your having is that your using ME. ;)

I think it's more of an issue of the individual computers you try it on. You know how some programs run fine on one computer but not on another even though the OS is the same and minimum requirements are still met?

Anyways, it very well might run fine on some XP systems but it isn't an XP version. It seems to me it should have a better chance of running on ME since that's really just 98 Third Edition!

Also, it seems to me that the necessary tweaks to get the old DOS version running wasn't all that hard. I used the tips on DF-21.net as a basis and went from there.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2005-04-21, 8:15 PM #10
I got DF running fine under XP, but I couldn't get the sound to work. :(
woot!
2005-04-21, 8:33 PM #11
Quote:
Originally posted by Vincent Valentine
JK is dead as disco.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-04-21, 8:33 PM #12
CadetLee: Have you tried VDM Sound?

It looks like their project page is down or something... if you need a copy, I or someone else can upload one for you.
May the mass times acceleration be with you.
2005-04-22, 7:40 AM #13
Quote:
Originally posted by CadetLee
I got DF running fine under XP, but I couldn't get the sound to work. :(

The sound, I believe, is what took me a few minutes to get working. This link was a great help: http://www.df-21.net/articles/install.html

I think it also helped me that years earlier most games (or at least the old LEC DOS games) required tweaking to get running. X-Wing infuriatingly so. Tech support would have to give me some cryptic lines to add to the DOS shortcut. Ahh, the good old days.

↑ Up to the top!