Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Need help deciding which video card to get...
Need help deciding which video card to get...
2003-12-17, 4:35 PM #41
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by finity5:
Wait until this spring, from what I've heard these new cards ATI and nVidia are releasing are supposed to own. Completely own. I mean making the GF FX 5950 look like a GF 2 kind of own. I had a 9600, returned it and bought a 9800np. Complete waste of money, $300 for that card and it cant do crap. I have to crank the resolution down to 1024*768 to get a playable framerate in deus ex 2. Unless your really hard pressed to get a good graphics card now (which it sounds like you are), neither are gonna help much in the long run.</font>

It's not important for me to run at a high resolution (640x480 is good enough for me) so the Radeon 9600 will be more than enough. Plus, it is only 80 bucks so I'm willing to buy that card now for Christmas. I'm so tired with Geforce4 that it makes me ill. Getting a FPS as low as 10 FPS in games like NOLF2 during major firefights is getting really irritating. It even drops that low when fighting in large outdoor areas in Jedi Outcast. Sure, it goes up to about 50 FPS in indoor areas without a lot of gun fire flying around but that simply isn't enough for me anymore. I need a new card now, dammit!

-- SavageX

------------------
"...and if you don't like that, then you need to be slugged in the face repeatedly, until my hands are soaked in blood. Have a nice day!"
http://www.savagex.net
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2003-12-17, 6:40 PM #42
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by gothicX:
Pfft, you even believe that Linux is better than Windows!...</font>

Yes, because it is...

I love nVidia for their drivers. That has more effect in Windows than Linux, so that aspect is irrelevent to me now . . . but I still love nVidia..

------------------
Fight the future.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.

↑ Up to the top!