Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Handwriting interpretation
Handwriting interpretation
2005-04-21, 1:41 PM #1
We turned in rough drafts of our 15 page econ papers (mine was on the macroeconomics of South Korea) and all I got back was one grammer correction and two questions (which makes me wonder if he actually read it, but I digress). Now he's gone till the paper is due, but I can't exactly read his hand writing.

You can see below, but I think it says: "Won APPREC, 20% in last 6 months. WHY?" and "WHAT ABOUT INFLATIONARY, UNEMPLOYMENT?"

I'm sure on the first part, and I'm fairly sure that's the second part, but I already covered that in paper, which is another reason why I don't think he read it.

I think I know what it says, maybe I'm just ranting about his bad hand writing.
Yet Another Massassi Map | Sadly I Have a Blog Too
2005-04-21, 1:49 PM #2
my english teacher also writes like this... so does my math (whitch is actully worse, when trying to decide weather the mark is a 2 or an alpha in a problem... it kina sucks)
Laughing at my spelling herts my feelings. Well laughing is fine actully, but posting about it is not.
2005-04-21, 2:02 PM #3
Yeah, that defintiely says "What about inflation, XXXXXXXX?" Not exactly sure what the last word is.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-04-21, 2:07 PM #4
And that looks like a 30% to me
2005-04-21, 2:12 PM #5
From what I can tell, it seems to say "Won APPREC. 20% (or is it 30%?) IN LAST 6 MONTHS. WHY?
WHAT ABOUT INFLATON, UNEMPLOYMENT?"

Which I would interpret to mean "Explain why the won has appreciated 20 percent (or is it 30 percent, I can't tell) in the last six months. You should also add more information about inflation and unemployment."

I'm assuming from the context that a "won" is a unit of currency of some kind?
So sayest the Writer of Silly Things!
2005-04-21, 2:14 PM #6
Upon closer inspection I would say that's definitely a 30%. You can see on the bottom where he has gone over the same bit twice, compressing the number, but it's still a 3.
2005-04-21, 2:46 PM #7
Won is the South Korean currency, and good catch on the 30%, though my data says its been 11-13% depending on how you calculate it. So I guess I'll have to try and figure out what he's referring to. And I think he means to consider inflation and unemployment as factors in this appreciation, because I've already talked quite a bit about them separately.
Yet Another Massassi Map | Sadly I Have a Blog Too

↑ Up to the top!