Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → HL2 Help?
HL2 Help?
2005-04-21, 5:44 PM #1
I'm playing through HL2 for the first time. I'm up to the part...
where you're at the prison and you receive a few seconds notice that guards are coming and you're set-up in a room with turrets, an hev/health charger and ammo-box for the SMG. I'm having a difficult time with this part, any tips would be helpful.

My only quicksave gives me about 2 seconds before things get hectic, would it be worth going back through the chapter to get more time to set up in a better location?
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.
2005-04-21, 5:47 PM #2
What I did for that part is I picked a corner within view of the health charger. I surrounded myself with turrets and let them do most of the work (ortherwise I ran out of ammo). The guards will try to knock down your turrets by charging them. When they do that, you can take your gravity gun and put them upright again. Once in awhile, make a run for the health charger and then go back to your corner (but make sure the turrets are all up and covering your back when you do).
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2005-04-21, 5:49 PM #3
About how long does the assault last? Mostly I just need to know how to pace myself
</sarcasm>
2005-04-21, 5:53 PM #4
I got boxes and blocked all of the entrances as soon as I got into the room (not on the first try). All of the entrances had two boxes stacked up, and I put turrets on the remaining entrances. Only a few baddies ended up coming and most of them got killed by the turrets, so I had an easy time of it.
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2005-04-21, 6:33 PM #5
Although this may be a piece of art, this is something like what I did.

[http://img182.echo.cx/img182/8972/untitled2ly.jpg]

EDIT: I think I tossed a grenade on both sides to clear away any soldiers that were to chicken **** to advance my turrets of doom.

If my memory serves me right, they didn't make it far enough to tip over my turrets. Now, on hard, thats a different story. The AI is much better on hard but I'm not that far yet ATM on hard to tell you how it goes.
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2005-04-21, 6:42 PM #6
Just defend your possition Alex will come thru the celling vent and opening everything up for you... just last a couple of minutes... do your best... I know you can do it. :)
2005-04-21, 6:57 PM #7
Beat it, similiarly to the way flexor described. Lots of running around and setting up turrets since I almost refuse to put down my shotgun heh
</sarcasm>
2005-04-21, 7:07 PM #8
I did what Sol did, worked well. Create a little fort with the barrels so that you have cover if you duck. Just keep your finger over G incase a grenade gets thrown in to your area.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2005-04-21, 7:31 PM #9
The first time I playe it, I set up the turrets covering one of the cells in the corner and battled from in there. Pick up the turrets in the event they get knocked down, and if you have time, primary fire the gravity gun at any grenades thrown toward you.

When I played it on hard I took some Massassians' advice and carried the turrets from the other two encounters with me. All in all, 5 turrets make quick work of any enemies.
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2005-04-21, 7:55 PM #10
I usually just hold onto a turret and run at the guards with it. It's fun, and they can't knock them down.
2005-04-21, 8:18 PM #11
Quote:
Originally posted by Murc XIII
I usually just hold onto a turret and run at the guards with it. It's fun, and they can't knock them down.

Once I discovered you could do this, I did nothing else for 20 minutes
</sarcasm>
2005-04-21, 8:45 PM #12
i built a staircase of boxes up to one of the ledges. On one side it goes really far back. just toss some turrets up there and when you get up there set them at the edge. so much easier.
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2005-04-21, 10:09 PM #13
I used Ric_Olie's method on hard. It worked like a charm.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-04-21, 11:18 PM #14
Quote:
Originally posted by MBeggar
i built a staircase of boxes up to one of the ledges. On one side it goes really far back. just toss some turrets up there and when you get up there set them at the edge. so much easier.

That's the best way to do it. The combine soldiers can't knock then down at all.
Pissed Off?
2005-04-22, 12:07 AM #15
This is all you need to know. Turrets are a waste of time. Shotgun. Reload often. Kill them all.
>>untie shoes
2005-04-22, 12:37 AM #16
I set up the turrents in one of the prision cells. That way the enemies were only coming at me from one side and I had two turrets close to me which I could easily pick up if they fell down.

They diddnt stand a chance.
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2005-04-22, 11:36 AM #17
Whatever you do dont listen to PCgamer. Just surround yourself with boxes and turrets and use the cover.
I was just petting the bunny, and it went into the soup can, and part of my hand went with it. - Red vs Blue

↑ Up to the top!