Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → A Thread of Two Topics.
A Thread of Two Topics.
2005-04-21, 7:12 PM #1
Like I said in the Post your MP3 Player thread, I just got a Creative Zen Micro. It came with ear buds that sound really great but, like all ear buds, are too small for my ears. I need some suggestions for a set of ear buds that sound great (and have good bass! I'm tired of buying ear buds that have none) and are made for smaller ears. I've searched but I can't find anything that might work except for some $130 Sennheiser's. I'd rather not spend that much, but I may have to eventually.

Secondly, I need a way to find out what genre that some artists would be in. A genre search engine perhaps? I have music that I've had ripped for years that does not have all of the information filled out and I'd like to get them all fixed up finally. Any help here?
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
Devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say
2005-04-21, 7:27 PM #2
I use a pair of earbuds from Target that are Sony brand, and roughyl 15 bux.

They've always sounded the best of anything I've ever used... granted I've never used anything incredibly expensive or uber-high-quality or anything.

I'll see if I can find some more info for ya.
2005-04-21, 7:45 PM #3
Genre's are pretty relative anyways. I could label one band as a certain genre, and you could disagree with me and we'd probably both be right to a certain degree. Just put in what it is to you, as it's your MP3 player and you're the one who needs to recognize your tags :)
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.
2005-04-21, 8:31 PM #4
[url]www.allmusic.com[/url] could help with the genres.
2005-04-22, 2:23 AM #5
Quote:
Originally posted by Compos Mentis
Genre's are pretty relative anyways. I could label one band as a certain genre, and you could disagree with me and we'd probably both be right to a certain degree. Just put in what it is to you, as it's your MP3 player and you're the one who needs to recognize your tags :)

I was going to say exactly that. And the more people debate it, the blurrier the lines become, and the more specific the genres become - and then the point is lost.

Eg, I dunno, linkin park. I would personally just brand it under 'metal' in my collection, but some folk would throw a hissy fit, and put it under nu metal or some other such label. Then there'd be crazies who feel the need to put them under nu metal/hip hop...

...and so on until linkin park have a genre all of their own, and you might as well have selected them from the artist list!
2005-04-22, 2:48 PM #6
eh, good point.

Thanks Vinny, I'll still use your link.

Any help in the headphone department?
Little angel go away
Devil has my ear today
2005-04-22, 2:57 PM #7
I have a pair of $20 headphones from Radio Shack. They work great. :)

2005-04-22, 2:59 PM #8
I found This Program awsome for sorting out ID3 tags.
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2005-04-22, 3:10 PM #9
I have great headphones, the problem is that they are too big for my ears. They hurt after a few minutes. So I need some earbuds made for small ears.

That program looks like it's exactly what I need, thank you!
Little angel go away
Devil has my ear today
2005-04-22, 4:30 PM #10
I use my Grado SR80's with my Creative Zen Micro. Works beautifully. The 2 metre cord is just a little bit longer than necessary though, especially with the remote control attachment + cord. Quite comfy and great sounding for their price.

If I'm using earbuds I use my Sony Fontopias.

They're good, nothing compared to the Grados though. Excellent isolation, like covering your ears with your hands. Solid bass, good mid-range but very slightly overdone treble.
If it breaks, you get to keep both pieces.
2005-04-22, 7:33 PM #11
Earbuds are not recommended for good listening. I would suggest using the Koss KSC75
MithShrike: First Mateneer
Pimpin' Yerba Mate Drinker
2005-04-23, 9:53 AM #12
some how i thought this was going to be about english
Laughing at my spelling herts my feelings. Well laughing is fine actully, but posting about it is not.
2005-04-24, 4:51 PM #13
Quote:
Originally posted by Elana14
some how i thought this was going to be about english

Ha! I win.

I think Daeron wins, those Fontopias look like they might just be perfect. Small, sounds good (including bass), thank you :)
Little angel go away
Devil has my ear today
2005-04-24, 10:41 PM #14
Eh, reviews of the Fontopias are kinda scary. The major problem is the cord. It's too short, then the extension is too long. I need something that will let the player sit in my pocket comfortably. Also, the connection between the two cords makes it heavy so that it pulls uncomfortably on your ear. Have you had these types of problems?
Little angel go away
Devil has my ear today
2005-04-25, 3:50 AM #15
Quote:
Originally posted by Crimson
Secondly, I need a way to find out what genre that some artists would be in. A genre search engine perhaps? I have music that I've had ripped for years that does not have all of the information filled out and I'd like to get them all fixed up finally. Any help here?

Excessive genrelization in the end is pointless.

Lets just refer to is as "music" instead.
2005-04-25, 2:49 PM #16
No. Genre good.

I like listening to different genre's when I'm in different moods. Actually having genre's in my mp3 player makes this happen.
Little angel go away
Devil has my ear today

↑ Up to the top!