Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → MacBeth
MacBeth
2005-04-21, 9:24 PM #1
Which character killed MacBeth in the end? Macduff right? I remember it was that whole "not born of woman" thing.
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2005-04-21, 9:27 PM #2
McDuck killed him.

I mean Macduff. Right.
2005-04-21, 9:41 PM #3
That's gonna be my nephew's new nick name. He is being born via a c-section.
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2005-04-21, 9:42 PM #4
mwahahaha. I like it. So.... are you prophecied to die anytime soon?
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2005-04-21, 10:24 PM #5
We just did Macbeth in English class. I say "did" because didn't actually read the thing. We all read different passages and then acted them out or read them to the class so none of us actually got to read the whole thing. I hate English class.

/rant
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2005-04-21, 10:57 PM #6
Macbeth was awesome. Shakespeare really was a good storyteller if you can get past the awkward English he used (and it's only awkward because we aren't used to it; he was a genius with words too).
Stuff
2005-04-22, 12:57 AM #7
Quote:
Originally posted by kyle90
Macbeth was awesome. Shakespeare really was a good storyteller if you can get past the awkward English he used (and it's only awkward because we aren't used to it; he was a genius with words too).

Even in his time, he wasn't exactly a genius with words. He actually made up words all the time, and spelled things incorrectly.

I liked Hamlet better than...that scottish play...saying its name is bad luck.
In Pride,
--Hinch
I had a disclaimer here, but the man said it was too long.
2005-04-22, 2:25 AM #8
I studied Macbeth for GCSE english when i was 16, when I first started posting here (6 years ago now!!).

I preferred the comedy shakespeare stuff, like a midsummer night's dream. All the talk of 'suirting love juice in thine eye' was too much when we were 15...
2005-04-22, 2:55 AM #9
Quote:
Originally posted by hinch1
Even in his time, he wasn't exactly a genius with words. He actually made up words all the time, and spelled things incorrectly.

No, he was a genius even in his time, even though he wasn't particularly popular. He couldn't spell things 'incorrectly', there was no such thing as spelling.
Shakespeare is the single most important individual in the shaping of modern English.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2005-04-22, 3:09 AM #10
I think it'd get along fine without him. To prove my point I shall construct a time machine and erase Shakespeare from the timeline. Then I will return to a fairly similar 2005, only that terrible Romeo & Juliet movie with DeCaprio will have never been made. Thank GOD. Wow, I can't think of a single reason not to go back in time and kill Shakespeare, but I can think of 2 reasons to do it.
In Pride,
--Hinch
2005-04-22, 3:35 AM #11
But without Shakespeare, the English language would be devoid of the word "bubble". We need that word. DEAR GOD MAN, THINK OF THE BUBBLE!!!!

Yeah, I'm gonna go now.
Rock is dead - but I believe in necrophilia.
2005-04-22, 3:45 AM #12
Quote:
I think it'd get along fine without him. To prove my point I shall construct a time machine and erase Shakespeare from the timeline. Then I will return to a fairly similar 2005, only that terrible Romeo & Juliet movie with DeCaprio will have never been made. Thank GOD. Wow, I can't think of a single reason not to go back in time and kill Shakespeare, but I can think of 2 reasons to do it.

But I can think of about a dozen reasons to just do DeCaprio.

And you don't have to go too far back and risk being burned at the stake for being a warlock...
2005-04-22, 4:53 AM #13
But that wouldn't fulfill my second objective: Prove my point.
Besides, I can't risk that that movie would be made anyways. No, the only way to surely prevent it is to kill Shakespeare. And I won't get burned at the stake because I won't be there long enough to get caught. Just enough time to off him before he can create his works.
In Pride,
--Hinch
2005-04-22, 5:51 AM #14
Unfortunately, you can't prove a point by going back in time and killing someone; because once you go back to the future, nobody would know what you're talking about. "Haha yah I assassinated Shakespeare, isn't that cool?" "WTF does assassinate mean? And who TF was that shake-a-spear dude?"
Stuff
2005-04-22, 7:14 AM #15
Quote:

I love how proving your point became your second objective.
2005-04-22, 7:58 AM #16
Quote:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who does this.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Thou shalt not weigh more than thy refrigerator.

Eat well, stay fit, die anyway.
2005-04-22, 8:07 AM #17
Quote:
I liked Hamlet better than...that scottish play...saying its name is bad luck.

Have you seen that Black Adder episode? :D

Quote:
Unfortunately, you can't prove a point by going back in time and killing someone; because once you go back to the future, nobody would know what you're talking about. "Haha yah I assassinated Shakespeare, isn't that cool?" "WTF does assassinate mean? And who TF was that shake-a-spear dude?"

Have you?
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2005-04-22, 12:48 PM #18
Quote:

Oh wouldn't it prove my point? You guys would never have contradicted me in the first place. I would know I was right, and I am the center of the universe, so my feelings are the only ones that matter.

Quote:
I love how proving your point became your second objective.

It was my first objective, until I remembered that terrible Romeo & Juliet movie that I was forced to watch in English class. That immediatly became my primary objective.
In Pride,
--Hinch
2005-04-22, 12:51 PM #19
We did MacBeth at school, and we watched the movie. There was much adolescent tittering in the scene where all the old granny witches get naked. Weird thing was, that scene wasn't in the play.
Xbox Live/PlayStation Network/Steam: tone217
http://twitter.com/ourmatetone
2005-04-22, 12:58 PM #20
Macbeth rawked in year 9, purely because of the very bad film and the guy with the rossbow appearing. We did R+J for GCSE, and it was not fun. I'm glad that I shall never have to do English agaim! Mwahahaa!!
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2005-04-22, 1:15 PM #21
The MacBeth movie we watched was pretty okay. The end battle looked cool, except that I seem to remember it ending badly. Also the whole feel of it was that of Highlander. I expected for MacDuff to say "THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!" and then get hit by lightning.

The Hamlet movie we watched was AWESOME. Especially the fight at the end where everyone dies. When Hamlet rides down on that thing, and then chucks his sword at the king like a javalin and impales him in the heart. Awesome!

And Fortinbras' invasion of the castle was cool to, because it was like a bunch of awesome Norwegian commandos scaling up walls and taking out the guards. Like a modern day action movie, but with substance.
In Pride,
--Hinch

↑ Up to the top!