Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Post Your Audio Setup!
Post Your Audio Setup!
2005-04-22, 8:26 PM #1
Home

Chaintech AV-710 Rear Out->AudioTechnica ATH-AD7

Home (just waiting for that amp)

Chaintech AV-710 Rear Out->cheapo mini-RCA IC->homebrew single ended tube amp->AKG K271/AudioTechnica ATH-AD7

Portable

AudioSolutions CD player->Koss PortaPro

Portable (just waiting for that amp)

AudioSolutions CD player->cheapo mini-mini IC->HeadRoom Airhead->75ohm adapter->Koss PortaPro
MithShrike: First Mateneer
Pimpin' Yerba Mate Drinker
2005-04-22, 8:31 PM #2
Chaintech AV-710 --> Audio Technica A500's

researching amps at the moment.
"Honey, you got real ugly."
2005-04-22, 8:33 PM #3
Computer : Turtle Beach Santa Cruz -> Logitech Z560s

Home theater wannabe : Kenwood HTB-503 set with KVS-54 center

Car : Pioneer DEHP4000 head unit, 12cd changer, 2x 5.25" Pioneer speakers, 2x JBL P632 6.5" speakers, 2x Pioneer 760w amplifiers, 1x 12" Pioneer subwoofer
woot!
2005-04-22, 8:37 PM #4
Aiwa NSX-3300
Yea, it's like 20 years old.. or something, it's old. But it has half decent speakers, alot better than my laptop.
2005-04-22, 8:38 PM #5
My "studio" setup:

Soundcard: Echo Layla3G
Mic preamp: Studio Projects VTB-1
Guitar amp modeller: Vox Tonelab
Bass amp modeller: Line6 Bass PODxt
A/D/A converter: Behringer Ultragain Pro-8
Control surface: Behringer BCF-2000
Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-M40fs

Here's how it goes:
VTB-1, Tonelab, Bass PODxt -> Layla3G balanced in's
Ultragain -> Layla3G ADAT in

I'm thinking of going for some Emes monitors this summer, but I don't think I'll have the money to do that. :(
2005-04-22, 8:39 PM #6
Since my computer is essentially my entertainment center now... (TV, DVDs, Games, Internet, Music, etc...)

SoundBlaster Audigy with Logitech Z640 5.1 Surround Sound

And when I'm out...

iPod Shuffle with either the included Apple Earbuds or my Sony MDR-V150 somewhat cheap headphones.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2005-04-22, 8:43 PM #7
Quote:
Originally posted by Shintock
I'm thinking of going for some Emes monitors this summer, but I don't think I'll have the money to do that. :( [/B]

Yeah my wallet has been screaming at me for the past few months here. After I get my tube amp I'm going to stop for a while. My roommate has been screaming at me too. Funny thing is he's the one who's broke.
2005-04-22, 8:43 PM #8
Audiophiles make me laugh.

I remember walking into a hi-fi store once, and seeing a $100 copper-wire-wound shielded OPTICAL TOSLINK cable.

Quote:
Originally posted by Mith
Yeah my wallet has been screaming at me for the past few months here. After I get my tube amp I'm going to stop for a while. My roommate has been screaming at me too. Funny thing is he's the one who's broke.

Yeah, my last gear-buying spree left a hole in my wallet too. :(
2005-04-22, 11:46 PM #9
Quote:
Originally posted by Shintock
My "studio" setup:

Soundcard: Echo Layla3G
Mic preamp: Studio Projects VTB-1
Guitar amp modeller: Vox Tonelab
Bass amp modeller: Line6 Bass PODxt
A/D/A converter: Behringer Ultragain Pro-8
Control surface: Behringer BCF-2000
Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-M40fs

Here's how it goes:
VTB-1, Tonelab, Bass PODxt -> Layla3G balanced in's
Ultragain -> Layla3G ADAT in

I'm thinking of going for some Emes monitors this summer, but I don't think I'll have the money to do that. :(

That looks like an awesome setup. I want to get a home studio setup this summer when I get some money in. This 4-track into my computer isn't cutting it anymore.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2005-04-22, 11:59 PM #10
serious need of upgrades..

foobar->AC97 onboard :( ->creative t2900 speakers-(headphone out on speakers)->Sennheiser EH2200

i'm looking into AV-710 and a cheap portable amp for music

portable is Sony D-ES51 -> EH2200.... i'm looking into some Shure E2Cs so i'm not carrying around these very unportable headphones... then later i'll move to mp3 players for portable use
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2005-04-23, 12:32 AM #11
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS and two speakers. Usually I keep headphones though.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-04-23, 1:10 AM #12
[http://www.sennheiser.com/sennheiser/icm_eng.nsf/resources/FDF58D4CAE8D0285C1256F4F00469944/$File/px100_150px.jpg]
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2005-04-23, 7:31 AM #13
Bose Acoustimass 16 and Bose QuietComfort 2 headphones. Some Yamaha reciever I don't remember the model of.
2005-04-23, 7:48 AM #14
Koss UR/29 headphones and on-board sound card.
VTEC just kicked in, yo!
2005-04-23, 9:34 AM #15
Crappy, near 6 year old Yamaha 2.1s'. I usually have my sweet Panasonic Rp HT711's pluged in while playing games that use positional audio.

[http://img56.echo.cx/img56/5404/219142045fd.jpg]
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2005-04-23, 7:41 PM #16
Home Rig:
EMU 0404 -> HeadAmp Gilmore V2 -> Grado SR-325 Woody
or
EMU 0404 -> HeadAmp Gilmore V2 -> Sonic T-amp -> Athena BS-1's

Portable Rig:
Rio Karma -> Xin SuperMacro -> Grado SR-325 Woody
[This message has been edited. Deal with it.]
2005-04-24, 12:30 AM #17
Quote:
Originally posted by Jon`C
Bose Acoustimass 16 and Bose QuietComfort 2 headphones. Some Yamaha reciever I don't remember the model of.

Wow. Someone who actually paid for Bose.

What Shintock said about that TOSLINK cable is so true. So long as it's glass and pretty decently constructed there's no need for a TOSLINK cable to be copper-wound.
2005-04-24, 12:32 AM #18
Quote:
Originally posted by Malus
Home Rig:
EMU 0404 -> HeadAmp Gilmore V2 -> Grado SR-325 Woody
or
EMU 0404 -> HeadAmp Gilmore V2 -> Sonic T-amp -> Athena BS-1's

Portable Rig:
Rio Karma -> Xin SuperMacro -> Grado SR-325 Woody

Did you build the Gilmore yourself or buy it? Did you get that woody done by Headphile.com? How did the woody change the sound?
2005-04-24, 7:43 AM #19
Quote:
Originally posted by Mith
Did you build the Gilmore yourself or buy it? Did you get that woody done by Headphile.com? How did the woody change the sound?

No, I did not build it (hence the "Headamp" in the name). I guess I could build one (and probably should), but I don't really have time to start a project like that. If I were to build one, I would probably try and build a tube amp.

Yes, it is a Headphile.com woody. How did it change the sound? I haven't a clue, I have never heard a regular SR-325. I had a pair of SR-80's where one of the side stopped working. Instead of repairing it (which would have saved me lots of money in the long run), I traded up for a SR-325 woody that he had on his site. While it is quite a nice improvement over the SR-80, I can't say the same about the regular SR-325. However, Larry says that most of the improvement is realized with the cable upgrade, not so much the wooden cups. I think that it just sounds great. Lots of detail, punchy bass, and beautiful (not screechy at all) highs. My guess is that the cable and the woody take away some of the harshness in the sound (which these are known for).
[This message has been edited. Deal with it.]

↑ Up to the top!