Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Attack of the Show?
Attack of the Show?
2005-04-22, 9:06 PM #1
Have any of you noticed the "Attack of the Show!" show on G4-TechTV?

Who got paid to come up with that name?! Seriously, it's stupid.

"The Screen Savers" was 10,000 times better... why'd they change it, and when?

Sorry if this is old news or something, but I lost track of the shows because it really went down the crapper since they merged with G4, but at least X-Play is still good.

So feel free to discuss other stupid TV Show/Movie titles, or what you think of TechTV since the G4 merge.
2005-04-22, 9:56 PM #2
All of the above?
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2005-04-22, 9:56 PM #3
They changed the name because it was one of the last remaining things from the original tech tv.
2005-04-22, 10:18 PM #4
don't even point me in their direction...

First they axed Leo.

Then they axed Patrick.

Then they axed most of the cast.

Then the axed the network.

Then they axed the rest of the cast.

Then they axed the name.

Then I axed the CEO.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2005-04-22, 10:20 PM #5
This is a cause worth of revolution!
Join me my friends!
*ahem*
Yeah, that does suck.
G4 sucks.
TechTv rocked, why did they have to go and buy it out!
:(
2005-04-22, 11:37 PM #6
Yeah I liked Patrick.

I used to watch TechTV alot but I don't watch G4 much.. at all..

It's like Speed Channel shows nothing but Nascar.. what a waste of a good station..
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2005-04-22, 11:45 PM #7
Quote:
Originally posted by Z@NARDI
Yeah I liked Patrick.

I used to watch TechTV alot but I don't watch G4 much.. at all..

It's like Speed Channel shows nothing but Nascar.. what a waste of a good station..

Yeah, I when I hear "speed channel" I want the latest info on where to get some Ritalin so I can go freaking spazz out.
2005-04-23, 6:00 AM #8
Quote:
Originally posted by FCTuner04
Have any of you noticed the "Attack of the Show!" show on G4-TechTV?

Who got paid to come up with that name?! Seriously, it's stupid.

"The Screen Savers" was 10,000 times better... why'd they change it, and when?

Sorry if this is old news or something, but I lost track of the shows because it really went down the crapper since they merged with G4, but at least X-Play is still good.

So feel free to discuss other stupid TV Show/Movie titles, or what you think of TechTV since the G4 merge.

No, X-Play has been ruined too. Didn't you hear? Adam Sessler has his own show now, so he isn't doing X-Play. So the show is officially ruined.
2005-04-23, 6:26 AM #9
Quote:
Originally posted by Cool Matty
No, X-Play has been ruined too. Didn't you hear? Adam Sessler has his own show now, so he isn't doing X-Play. So the show is officially ruined.

I thought that was a joke...
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2005-04-23, 6:34 AM #10
Everything TechTV is dead to me now. Ever since Leo left its been all downhill. :( Word on the street is Leo wants to start another tech channel.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2005-04-23, 9:09 AM #11
I was going to start a similar topic. Honestly, they had to rename the show. It was an insult to leave it called the Screensavers after they ruined it.

A couple years ago I was fortunate enough to first make acquintance with TechTV. I enjoyed it the way I used to enjoy TNN (before that became Spike TV and mostly ruined). Then there was this odd "merger" which was obviously a take over and all of these sub-par G4 shows started showing up. Then they brought their wicked G4 ways to the staple Tech TV shows.

I still watch XPlay, it's relatively unchanged. I occasionally watch AotS but no where near to the extent that I would go out of my way to watch Call for Help and The Screensavers. Oh, and I don't dislike Judgement Day, Filter (because I can't stop staring at her), and Icons.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2005-04-23, 9:22 AM #12
Does anyone have a comparism of TechTV/G4 ratings?
I've never met anyone that watched techTV that hasn't said "G4 sucks" .. I really wonder how they can be holding up with ratings.
2005-04-23, 9:45 AM #13
I don't bother with G4 anymore, except X-Play. The channel has become a joke and it's quite sad because I use to leave it on 24/7 here.
2005-04-23, 9:48 AM #14
Quote:
Originally posted by MentatMM
I don't bother with G4 anymore, except X-Play. The channel has become a joke and it's quite sad because I use to leave it on 24/7 here.

I used to leave TechTV on all day too (back when it was ZDTV). I remember when Tech Live was almost the whole day, and they just kept repeating stories over and over. Good times.
2005-04-23, 11:16 AM #15
I didn't know about what happened with X-Play...

Quote:
Originally posted by TimeWolfOfThePast
I used to leave TechTV on all day too (back when it was ZDTV). I remember when Tech Live was almost the whole day, and they just kept repeating stories over and over. Good times.

Yeah, I used to leave TechTV on all day as well.... it was the Best when it was ZDTV, although The Screen Savers was never better when it was Leo and Patrick... it wasn't as good with Kate.

Call For Help was the greatest when Leo was hosting it, then Chris took over, it was still good with Chris, but nowhere near "Leo Quality"

:(
2005-04-23, 11:23 AM #16
Quote:
Originally posted by FCTuner04
I didn't know about what happened with X-Play...

Um, what happened with X-Play? Seems about the same to me.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2005-04-23, 11:25 AM #17
Leo's still around. In fact, he's on the air right now until 2 PM PDT

For those of you in the Southern California area, push the AM/FM button to tune to AM (yes that band exists) then spin the dial to 640 kHz.

Or use this
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2005-04-23, 11:29 AM #18
Glad im not the only one to hate how G4 ruined TechTV.... i miss all the old shows like nerd nation..... screensavers..... invent this...... and the others..... i still watch it here and there..... mostly Xplay

btw. that thing about Adam, it was a joke... if you watched that entire episode, you would have seen ppl from the different shows trying to replace adam..... then at the end you'd see a preview of his new "show".... it was just for one episode.... so it was definately a joke..... it had me convinced he was gone until i saw the "preview" of it.....
I can't wait for the day schools get the money they need, and the military has to hold bake sales to afford bombs.
2005-04-23, 12:02 PM #19
Yeah, ZDTV, then TechTV used to be on at least one of the televisions in our household. Heck, even my dad who hates PCs would watch it to learn new stuff. Now? No one in our house can stand the pseudo-MTV approach G4 has, not to mention how every show is about the same retarded things. On top of all of that, none of these people REALLY know gaming... at all. The judgement day show is crap on a stick, as neither of the hosts know what they're talking about. The one will play any game under the sun and say "Eh, it was fun!" and give it an 8. The other is more critical than I am, and is stubborn against anything that isn't arcade-shooting, racing, or purely perverse. Filter is subject to the fact that 1/4th of the internet is 4th graders. TSS, or whatever the hell their calling it now has become stupified, considering it had been originally intended as an advanced version of call for help, but for nerds. Now it's call for help for teenagers. It's just not right.

Gah, it's a shame there's no television worth watching anymore.

JediKirby
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-04-23, 3:02 PM #20
Quote:
Originally posted by Wookie06
I was going to start a similar topic. Honestly, they had to rename the show. It was an insult to leave it called the Screensavers after they ruined it.

A couple years ago I was fortunate enough to first make acquintance with TechTV. I enjoyed it the way I used to enjoy TNN (before that became Spike TV and mostly ruined). Then there was this odd "merger" which was obviously a take over and all of these sub-par G4 shows started showing up. Then they brought their wicked G4 ways to the staple Tech TV shows.

I still watch XPlay, it's relatively unchanged. I occasionally watch AotS but no where near to the extent that I would go out of my way to watch Call for Help and The Screensavers. Oh, and I don't dislike Judgement Day, Filter (because I can't stop staring at her), and Icons.

Ditto.

Kirby, I'm sorry but you're wrong. That new guy from G4, Kevin, is the only guy I like out of the entire G4 staff. He knows his games, and he sounds like a regular nerd like one of us. The rest...can go burn in hell for all I care. Though Judgement Day is rather good, sometimes I find their reviews to be a bit biased. Like where they gave Dawn of War 7's or something because they were 'tired of the RTS genre'. WTF? It's only been around for oh...20 freaking years. That's like saying "I'm tired of FPS". Well okay, that's not going to make it any less popular of a genre, or any less good of a game (depending on what game you're talking about). I do hate G4's cheesy, oh so cheesy script writing. And I hate how the only real cast members they keep are the 'pretty boys'. Well, except Dan. Good old Dan would've probably been kept on payroll if (correct me if I'm wrong) he wasn't caught getting high at work. Though for what it's worth, he was a cool guy.

But seriously, they seem to have something for these pseudo-geeks who get paid just to look pretty and arouse all the teenagers who can't control their hormones. The only person that TechTV really had that fit that bill was Morgan Web. The rest were really geeks.

Bleh, there's too much to rant about here.
D E A T H
2005-04-23, 3:18 PM #21
Reviews on the Run is pretty good, and I still watch the X-Play re-runs from time to time. I thought it was stupid that Adam left X-Play. I think Arena is stupid. I think Cheat! is stupid. I think almost all of the shows on G4 are stupid.

There's my two cents.
Very funny Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.
2005-04-23, 4:56 PM #22
For those of you that miss the old Screen Savers, I give you this:

http://leoville.com/blog/index.php/TLR/comments/the-revenge-of-the-bleep/
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2005-04-23, 5:08 PM #23
<3!!!!! This is fantastic!
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-04-23, 5:09 PM #24
You know Ric, you win.
D E A T H
2005-04-23, 5:22 PM #25
Awesome!
2005-04-23, 6:20 PM #26
Quote:
Originally posted by Final_Hope__
Reviews on the Run is pretty good, and I still watch the X-Play re-runs from time to time. I thought it was stupid that Adam left X-Play. I think Arena is stupid. I think Cheat! is stupid. I think almost all of the shows on G4 are stupid.

There's my two cents.

Can we put this "Adam leaving XPlay" thing to bed. He has no more left XPlay than they actually hired Mr. Nemesis.

2005-04-23, 6:29 PM #27
foxtel down hear got rid of the channel tech tv (probably because they never gave us new episodes so we had watched all the epsisodes of all the shows they gave us) and replaced it with CI (criminal investigations, crime documenteries plus a few crime dramas such as profiler and cold squad). back at january first at about 10 A.M. IIRC.
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%
2005-04-23, 6:33 PM #28
I just listened to that entire thing. Am I worse than a geek because I laughed at their jokes? Their middle aged geeky jokes? God help me.

JediKirby
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-04-24, 4:08 PM #29
g4 ruined all the good shows. [url]www.whopissedyouoff.com[/url]
bastards!!!
2005-04-24, 4:36 PM #30
I miss Thunderbirds .... :(
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2005-04-25, 9:51 AM #31
http://leoville.com/blog/index.php/TLR/comments/episode-2-the-revenge-of-these-green-saviors1/

Episode 2 of ROTSS is up, for those of you that are like me and want the good old days back.
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2005-04-25, 10:09 AM #32
If I could think of a name for their show I'd send in a title. The prize sounds good.
2005-04-25, 4:40 PM #33
I have to bump this:

EPISODE 2 IS OUT, SCROLL UP!
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-04-25, 10:55 PM #34
Judgement Day and X-Play are great review shows. I'll watch them whenever they're on. I like Judgement Day's reviews a little more, but X-play has some great skits (like when the RE4 store guy went to the X-Play offices).
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."

↑ Up to the top!