Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Whoa...next generation Madden (PS3, X-Box 360, Nintendo Revolution)
Whoa...next generation Madden (PS3, X-Box 360, Nintendo Revolution)
2005-04-23, 1:38 PM #1
This certainly got me excited for the next generation consoles.

I believe this is ingame footage because if you look at Andy Reid's finger, it does look more polygonal.
[http://images.ea.com/sports/games/06/madden/nextgen/day5screener.jpg]
2005-04-23, 1:44 PM #2
Well there's my visual orgasm for the day...
2005-04-23, 1:50 PM #3
The animation looks like poop. Then again this isn't a finished game is it?
Think while it's still legal.
2005-04-23, 1:52 PM #4
I seriously doubt that is in game.
>>untie shoes
2005-04-23, 1:54 PM #5
Looks pretty cool, maybe a little too cartoony though.
2005-04-23, 1:54 PM #6
I find most american sports that I know of boring, so i've never played a madden game in my life.
nope.
2005-04-23, 2:49 PM #7
Looks okay...but not worth 400+ bucks.
D E A T H
2005-04-23, 3:01 PM #8
What a waste. This is not even ingame. It's another one of those CGI teasers of what games "could look like."

Quote:
While the producers of the game were careful to tell us that the footage we saw (the very same footage that will roll on Saturday) is not in-game--but rather EA Sports artists' "target video" of what next generation hardware will be capable of--they did claim that the final product will actually be superior in quality to the footage in the commercial.

Bleh.
2005-04-23, 3:10 PM #9
Quote:
Originally posted by SiliconC
Looks pretty cool, maybe a little too cartoony though.

This is a Madden game. What did you expect?
>>untie shoes
2005-04-23, 3:33 PM #10
great deatil on McNabb's face, looks great, but i hate the eagles.

By the way, did anyone watch the draft? I'm really excited for the niners next season. :D go alex smith!
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
2005-04-23, 3:38 PM #11
Am I the only one not amazed by those pictures?
Nothing special. And considering how when you're playing these games, and the only time you'll see that level of detail is in playbacks, and not actual play, it's not that big of a deal.
2005-04-23, 4:26 PM #12
Looks no better then HL2/Doom3. Besides the fact that you'll be viewing this from many ft away.
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2005-04-23, 6:35 PM #13
Quote:
Originally posted by Boco
I find most american sports that I know of boring, so i've never played a madden game in my life.

the thing that puts me off amercian sports is that they can call somthing a world series and yet it only involes the teams from their own nation. I am sure that australians (probably those in aussie rules from what I have seen of american football) could easaly beat most of the american football teams if given a cxrash course in gridiron.
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%
2005-04-23, 6:46 PM #14
Looks like Doom 3. Some of Hl2's model's look allot better, like Alex's. The cartoony feel comes from the inefficient use of polygons.
2005-04-23, 7:10 PM #15
I think the cartoony look comes from insufficient use of texturing, and the fact that everything looks like it's been nurbed.
>>untie shoes
2005-04-23, 8:11 PM #16
The last good madden game was madden 95.
2005-04-23, 8:14 PM #17
While the pics look decent, somehow I expected more. Maybe I was being unrealistic, but I was expecting to be blown away by these next consoles. From what I've seen, that hasn't been the case.
www.dailyvault.com. - As Featured in Guitar Hero II!
2005-04-23, 9:37 PM #18
Quote:
Originally posted by Nubs
While the pics look decent, somehow I expected more. Maybe I was being unrealistic, but I was expecting to be blown away by these next consoles. From what I've seen, that hasn't been the case.
2005-04-23, 10:48 PM #19
Quote:
Originally posted by Ewoklover
By the way, did anyone watch the draft? I'm really excited for the niners next season. :D go alex smith!

I'll be happy if they win more than 2 games. :p
Pissed Off?
2005-04-24, 4:46 AM #20
The first generation of console games always look kinda ****ty compared to what the console is really capable of.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2005-04-24, 2:33 PM #21
Quote:
Originally posted by Rob
The last good madden game didn't exist.

Fixed. :o
"It is not advisable, James, to venture unsolicited opinions. You should spare yourself the embarrassing discovery of their exact value to your listener."
"Rationality is the recognition of the fact that nothing can alter the truth and nothing can take precedence over that act of perceiving it."
2005-04-24, 2:39 PM #22
Quote:
Originally posted by KnobZ
What a waste. This is not even ingame. It's another one of those CGI teasers of what games "could look like."

Bleh.
*insert some joke about pasta and fruit scuffles*
2005-04-24, 4:35 PM #23
You guys are certainly hard to impress....
2005-04-24, 4:54 PM #24
Quote:
Originally posted by Darth_Revan
Fixed. :o

Yeah, they are pretty ****ty games.
2005-04-24, 7:39 PM #25
Sports games... simulating activities on a TV that you can do in real life anyway... Not for me.
2005-04-24, 8:10 PM #26
Quote:
Originally posted by alpha1
the thing that puts me off amercian sports is that they can call somthing a world series and yet it only involes the teams from their own nation. I am sure that australians (probably those in aussie rules from what I have seen of american football) could easaly beat most of the american football teams if given a cxrash course in gridiron.

For one thing, its called the "Superbowl". World Series is baseball. And for another thing, it would take a lot more than a "crash course" to beat a bad NFL team, let alone most of them.
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2005-04-24, 8:12 PM #27
Well, it's not too shabby... but I bet my computer could run something like that no problem. I was kind of expecting graphics that would totally blow me away. Are there any preliminary figures out there as to how much processing power these next-gen consoles will have?
Stuff
2005-04-24, 8:36 PM #28
Quote:
Originally posted by kyle90
Well, it's not too shabby... but I bet my computer could run something like that no problem. I was kind of expecting graphics that would totally blow me away. Are there any preliminary figures out there as to how much processing power these next-gen consoles will have?

PS3 has a 4Ghz+ Cell processor that is ownage.

Xbox360 has this weird 3x3Ghz processors, but yet they aren't as powerful as Cell.

So yeah, you are looking at processor speeds that are faster than most consumer ones today.
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2005-04-24, 8:44 PM #29
Quote:
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet
Sports games... simulating activities on a TV that you can do in real life anyway... Not for me.

You mean everyone has the skills, time and abilities to join a full team to play basketball, football and soccer for tournaments whenever they like? Neat-o!
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-04-24, 8:48 PM #30
Quote:

Wow... You can control Thierry Henry and David Beckham?! Sweet! Make Henry score a hat-trick against Spurs tonight. Please!
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2005-04-24, 9:17 PM #31
Quote:

You know you could join the army and go out and shoot people. I guess America's Army has been rendered useless, as well as all the Tom Clancy games and SoCom.

Even Mario is eliminated. I could go out and jump on turtles and eat mushrooms. And if you dont believe I can throw little fireballs... just give me some Taco Bell and a lighter.
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."

↑ Up to the top!